Riyad Mahrez | It's part of the game innit

el3mel

Sterling had the other players creating a shitload of chances for him, that is why his output was so high. He still managed to fluff many of them. Of course he would score more than De Bruyne and Silva, scoring is not their game. Sane also had a better season, he assisted more and was voted YPotY. I also think it is obvious Sane has a higher ceiling.

Everyone knows City doesn‘t care about youth anyway. It is just about winning for them. And replacing Sterling with Mahrez is a great move to get there. Utd replaced Martial with Sanchez, I don‘t think the latter is the better player anymore, let alone in the future.
So that players create for him only so he scores ? Why don't they create for other players then ? And what about the 11 assists he made ?

Criminal underrating for Sterling imo.

Did replacing Martial (and Rashford) with Sanchez make us any better last season? If you sign a new player and he performs worse than the two "youngsters" you've already got playing in that position, yet still keep playing him every week, then yes, that's poor management.
No, Sanchez has been underwhelming but that's not the point of the post, the point is the idea of signing him from the start even though you have good talents but your ambition makes you still sign and strenghten with top players even if it means tougher competition for the youngster, something that people doesn't like i.e. getting time from Martial, but City are doing exactly the same and are aiming higher so keep strengthining even if it means less time for some really good players.

The moves themselves can succeed or fail but that's not my point, my point is buying top players even when you have good young talents isn't a mistake in its own. City aren't mistakes and neither were us at the time of signing Sanchez. You don't know if the player will succeed or not but you do your best in the market.

Green_Red

I think the majority of football fans anywhere that have watched Leroy Sane would agree that he has a very high ceiling. I really am struggling to see him as one dimensional.

As for the Mahrez signing, I think it's fantastic. If you are not improving, you are falling back. There is no standing still.
Is that what yous used to say when yous got promoted into the Premier League?

Green_Red

Mahrez is an better than average player who had one standout season. Good luck to them. If we'd wanted him he'd be here. Ask Sanchez.

Dinghy

No, Sanchez has been underwhelming but that's not the point of the post, the point is the idea of signing him from the start even though you have good talents but your ambition makes you still sign and strenghten with top players even if it means tougher competition for the youngster, something that people doesn't like i.e. getting time from Martial, but City are doing exactly the same and are aiming higher so keep strengthining even if it means less time for some really good players.

The moves themselves can succeed or fail but that's not my point, my point is buying top players even when you have good young talents isn't a mistake in its own. City aren't mistakes and neither were us at the time of signing Sanchez. You don't know if the player will succeed or not but you do your best in the market.
Of course, that's not a mistake, but it is a mistake when the good young talents play better than the new signing, yet it is the new signing that gets to start every week. I haven't seen anyone who were complaining about the Sanchez-deal before it actually happened. However, I don't think anyone expected Sanchez to only be played only on the left wing, as there's other positions that needed replacements, and most were expecting him to play centrally or on the RW, as we swapped him with Mkhi.

IrishRedDevil

‘Lady and gentleman, boy and girl, it’s Riyad Mahrez.’

Who the feck are the little blue gremlins jumping around? Are they a new addition or have they always been at City since it’s creation in 2010?

RedDevil@84

I have no words :lol:

Might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.
Crowd go "Daddy finger, daddy finger where are you"

And then Mahrez waves with his right "Here I am, here I am. How do you do?"

Crowd goes "Mommy finger, mommy finger, where are you?"
And then Mahrez waves with his left "Here I am, here I am. How do you do?"

TheReligion

Abusive
‘Lady and gentleman, boy and girl, it’s Riyad Mahrez.’

Who the feck are the little blue gremlins jumping around? Are they a new addition or have they always been at City since it’s creation in 2010?
Their fan base is made up of gremlin looking motherfeckers so nothing new here. Stockport's finest.

luke511

This signing made a lot of sense for us, where's our right winger :nervous:

lewwoo

We can laugh all we want at them being plastic and a sugar daddy club etc. The reality is they have signed another quality player where they are already stacked in a posistion we are crying out to be filled. We are falling further behind.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only 2 games in but what I felt before he signed for City is showing already... not of the required standard

Will Pep be able to improve him or will he eventually find himself to be an expensive squad player...

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Only 2 games in but what I felt before he signed for City is showing already... not of the required standard

Will Pep be able to improve him or will he eventually find himself to be an expensive squad player...

It will probably take him at least half the season to gel with the team. It took Sane a year and a half to show any promise. He needs to work on his positioning and his pass selection. Then again Aguero has been playing under Pep for over 2 years and he still doesn't fit his idseals.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

really you think he's not good enough? I maena I havent watchešd a minute in mancity jersey so cant say nothing but would think he'd settle in quickly

luke511

It's a confidence thing, he is probably feeling intimidated by all the quality players around him compared to Leicester. Once he has his first motm performance he'll become good for them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pep's wingers always stay very wide and do think he struggles to get involved. At Leicester he played more like a playmaker.

acnumber9

Should be no more than a sub for them. He’s weakened them if anything.