Riyad Mahrez | Signed new contract at Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

starman

Not sure why anyone would want to leave Leicester in January. They are on the verge of something great.

I am sure Vardy and Mahrez could wait till the summer before thinking of moving on.

Last edited:

MajorTom

He doesn't seem half bad but 29 millions pounds (which is getting banded about) then you have to say no thanks to that. A Valencia fee of 15 million wouldn't be a bad punt, if he carries on for the rest of the season. Still, not convinced he is a player that will show this form for the rest of his career. Algeria do have some decent players knocking about at the minute but is he the cream of the crop?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure why anyone would want to leave Leicester in January. They are on the verge of something great.

I am sure Vardy and Mahrez could wait till the summer before thinking of moving on.
Little premature still I think. It's not even half way through the season.
It's surprising most of us to say the least, but I think they definitely have a crumble, and maybe the next 2 games!

spwd

I think they would sell in the summer but not now, they could possibly get cl football which I'm guessing would be worth more than ruining there season by selling him now.

Nobody expects them to still be top at season end but selling him now would guarantee they won't finish top 4, and would basically be them giving up the season, selling him in the summer after a possible top 4 finish and consolidating their place in the premier league would be a lot better proposition than the above.

I know they lost 20m last year but with the new tv deal and where they might finish this year I believe they can take the risk by not cashing in.

starman

Little premature still I think. It's not even half way through the season.
It's surprising most of us to say the least, but I think they definitely have a crumble, and maybe the next 2 games!
Maybe so, but they would be silly to not see it through.

As for crumbling, not sure what that constitutes as. If they finish 5th, it would still have been a amazing season for them. And based on the last couple of seasons they need about 30 more points, maybe less.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maybe so, but they would be silly to not see it through.

As for crumbling, not sure what that constitutes as. If they finish 5th, it would still have been a amazing season for them. And based on the last couple of seasons they need about 30 more points, maybe less.
romantic yes, but if some club offer him 100k a week, when he's on 20 (or whatever) then he won't stay on the offchance they continue their freak spell of form.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Best player in PL, without a doubt (IMHO).
Out of interest, how many games of the EPL - specifically Leicester-related games - does a Barcelona fan actually watch?

FWIW I agree that he is PoTY.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Out of interest, how many games of the EPL - specifically Leicester-related games - does a Barcelona fan actually watch?

FWIW I agree that he is PoTY.
Definitely player of the year alongside Vardy yeah, but he's nowhere near the best player in the Premier League imo.

There'sOnlyOne

Gill and fergie were good but made some errors. Bebe,Dejemba, Alan Smith et al
Like anyone. My point is this feels very "flavour of the month", and for some of the figures being mentioned I'd have to see more of him playing at this kind of level. If we've been tracking him for a while, fair enough, but I'm struggling to believe this guy was on the club's radar six months ago. Maybe he was...

Saying all that he could be a great player, would just like to see more of him before spaffinh 30m quid on him.

Edit: and smith was a decent player before he broke his leg IMO.

Tosicsleftpeg

Like anyone. My point is this feels very "flavour of the month", and for some of the figures being mentioned I'd have to see more of him playing at this kind of level. If we've been tracking him for a while, fair enough, but I'm struggling to believe this guy was on the club's radar six months ago. Maybe he was...

Saying all that he could be a great player, would just like to see more of him before spaffinh 30m quid on him.

Edit: and smith was a decent player before he broke his leg IMO.
I feel the same as you in that he could be a flash in the pan, it's always a big risk but what If he turns out to actually be a brilliant player and we miss out on him it's difficult.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Best player in PL, without a doubt (IMHO).
Disagree wholeheartedly with that, Aguero, Sanchez and Silva who I'd name the top three are light years ahead.

peridigm

It would be lunacy for Leicester to sell Mahrez or Vardy this window. The money they'll bring in by making top 4 would trump anything they'd get for those two.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Obviously he does not have the reputation other players in the league have but, he has been the best player in the PL this season. Vardy and Kante have also been great as well but, he is the biggest reason why Leicester are competing for the title right now.

diarm

Obviously he does not have the reputation other players in the league have but, he has been the best player in the PL this season. Vardy and Kante have also been great as well but, he is the biggest reason why Leicester are competing for the title right now.
I'd be more inclined to take a risk on Mahrez than I would Vardy. Vardy has been having one of those seasons where everything he hits goes in but there isn't all that much technique going into it. He's just very quick and when he gets in front of goal he hits it very hard. At 28, how long more does he have that pace?

Mahrez is technically very good. He's comfortable on the ball, has great touch and seems to have that little bit extra space and speed of thought. He's a much better footballer than your average flash in the pan winger who suddenly impresses at a small club. I'm pretty confident he could make the step up to a bigger club and succeed.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I'd be more inclined to take a risk on Mahrez than I would Vardy. Vardy has been having one of those seasons where everything he hits goes in but there isn't all that much technique going into it. He's just very quick and when he gets in front of goal he hits it very hard. At 28, how long more does he have that pace?

Mahrez is technically very good. He's comfortable on the ball, has great touch and seems to have that little bit extra space and speed of thought. He's a much better footballer than your average flash in the pan winger who suddenly impresses at a small club. I'm pretty confident he could make the step up to a bigger club and succeed.
Yeah Vardy's success seems a bit fluky I do not feel the same about Mahrez.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal

You're right in my opinion. To me, Mahrez looks like a world class player but I couldn't say the same for Vardy.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
They might all have bigger reputation but on present form only Ozil is comparable. His influence and the profile of the team gives him a definite edge over any other player representing Arsenal and City.
I believe people saying his form might not hold did not watch Leicester last season because he was phenomenal, though the team wasn't in such a lofty position he was brilliant. All that matters in transfers is whether the bloke is a good footballer and that he is, the rest is all a gamble.
I think people under rate the positives in players taking the hard route to the top and mental strength that's developed along the way. United need such players, players that were not touted as stars from infancy. Players that had to go places and prove they are good enough footballers.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Disagree wholeheartedly with that, Aguero, Sanchez and Silva who I'd name the top three are light years ahead.
Those players are better, I am saying this season so far. Don't think these 3 mentioned players have done more than him this season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Those players are better, I am saying this season so far. Don't think these 3 mentioned players have done more than him this season.
Fair enough, he's been the most in form player for the last 4 months.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Does he beat defenders? Any dribbling stats on him?

we have too many players all wanting to get into a pocket of space and play a pass.

we need a straight up dribbler that can beat players and create a chance for themselves or cross etc.

prath92

Thanks.

i checked that out too. He is 10th in europe in dribbles. Zaha is 11th! We should have kept him.

Statistically Mahrez is the best in England this year.
Zaha has like 3 goals and maybe 2 assists or so in all competitions this season.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Thanks.

i checked that out too. He is 10th in europe in dribbles. Zaha is 11th! We should have kept him.

Statistically Mahrez is the best in England this year.
Zaha has like 3 goals and maybe 2 assists or so in all competitions this season.
Put Lukaku on Palace and his assists would double. He beats players for fun. His final ball frustrates but a talented pplayer. None the less who didnt get a chance here at all.

Timdbro

Effortless that, gets through the challenge, little stepover and great finish, all under control.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What a transformation, fecking hell. He was nowhere near this level last season. This is Suarez-esque almost.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sign him, he won't cost a bomb at the very least a good squad option for RW

Status
Not open for further replies.