Riyad Mahrez | Signed new contract at Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sign him, he won't cost a bomb at the very least a good squad option for RW
The way he's playing now he's not a squad option, he's a starter. :lol: Martial on the left, Mahrez on the right, mighty.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Has been great today. Think he'd do well under Mourinho. Just worry he's a one season wonder though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The best right winger we could possibly sign, and even then, it's probably unlikely that he'd want to leave Leicester with them in the champions league (and us not in it), especially if they win the title. But in a Mourinho counter attacking style, he could be great for us. Just a brilliant player. Excellent delivery from the wing, goes past people at will, and has an excellent shot from range and a very composed finish on him. Just seems to have it all.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The way he's playing now he's not a squad option, he's a starter. :lol: Martial on the left, Mahrez on the right, mighty.
Indeed, I did say at the very least lol. I would expect him to start

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The best right winger we could possibly sign, and even then, it's probably unlikely that he'd want to leave Leicester with them in the champions league (and us not in it), especially if they win the title. But in a Mourinho counter attacking style, he could be great for us. Just a brilliant player. Excellent delivery from the wing, goes past people at will, and has an excellent shot from range and a very composed finish on him. Just seems to have it all.
he would come to us if we go for him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
A squad option? You're kidding right? All the top teams in the world will be in for Mahrez this Summer
It says at the very least can you not read?

Fer

Who would you prefer as our right winger next season... Sane or Mahrez?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The simplicity with which he threw the CB off before his goal was lovely. No doubt he's tormenting teams on the counter, but more importantly he seems to be technically quite superb.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He's magnificent. By far the player who has excited me the most this season in the Premier League. Regularly pulls off outrageous stuff, at times when it actually matters.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm usually against signing players based on one good season, but he's surely too good for this to just be a fluke.

Jev

I literally think he's good enough to play for any club in the world. Technically he's as good as anyone in the league.

amolbhatia50k

I'm usually against signing players based on one good season, but he's surely too good for this to just be a fluke.
Also, he's only 24 rather than a 28/29 year old finally having the season of his life. Of course it could still be the case, but for him, it could just be the beginning too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Also, he's only 24 rather than a 28/29 year old finally having the season of his life. Of course it could still be the case, but for him, it could just be the beginning too.
True. He's probably benefiting massively from playing in a good footballing team where he's the main creative force, but there's a real quality to him which suggests that if used correctly, he'd surely have a place in a number of big teams.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
14 goals / 10 assists in 23 apps. A goal/assist every 82 minutes.

amolbhatia50k

True. He's probably benefiting massively from playing in a good footballing team where he's the main creative force, but there's a real quality to him which suggests that if used correctly, he'd surely have a place in a number of big teams.
I think he's definitely worth signing. In terms of raw tools, he has everything. The question would just be of whether he can do it at a bigger stage.

And while there's no doubt any player benefits from being in a quality team, it's about time we had a proper team chemistry at United to give players the platforms to have seasons like this. If we get that part wrong, no signing will give us full value anyway.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Why not both? Both at a great age. Sane can play higher up. They would both offer pace and a little unpredictability. Kane would be difficult to get as would Lukaku, if we also wanted someone like Stones. There are a few good options at good ages.

Classical Mechanic

You could say that about Vardy too. He is dynamite at the moment.

Regarding Sane: I think his performance at OT this season should end any interest. Fergie often signed players that came to OT and performed like they belonged here, to him it was an indication that they would cope with the pressure of the shirt. Sane totally flunked his audition IMO.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Yeah Vardy looks very good to me. He's more then a speed merchant. He can be raw now and then but he's also capable of some nice touches

amolbhatia50k

Regarding Sane: I think his performance at OT this season should end any interest. Fergie often signed players that came to OT and performed like they belonged here, to him it was an indication that they would cope with the pressure of the shirt. Sane totally flunked his audition IMO.
Vardy is also 29 and not worth the risk.

You're talking about Mane. Sane is Schalke's hugely talented RW.

Classical Mechanic

Vardy is also 29 and not worth the risk.

You're talking about Mane. Sane is Schalke's hugely talented RW.
:lol:

I know nothing about Sane! Are we in for him?

I am not saying we should sign Vardy. He is about to sign a new contract there anyway.

@Striker10

It is the pace with which he moves when the ball is at his feet that makes him so dangerous. He is a great finisher too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, he's absolutely brilliant on the ball, and has a great finish and shot from range on him, along with having a very good eye for a pass and consistently delivering great crosses. It's not like he's just been ridiculously effective and having a one off season where he takes every chance he gets and is performing a lot better output wise then you would expect. He creates so many chances and gets in so many positions for himself to score goals that he is well worth his 14 goals and 10 assists or whatever it is. Just seems like a brilliant player. Vardy seems a lot closer to a one season wonder, but even then, he has great movement and has a great understanding with those around him to constantly get chances.

amolbhatia50k

:lol:

I know nothing about Sane! Are we in for him?

I am not saying we should sign Vardy. He is about to sign a new contract there anyway.

@Striker10

It is the pace with which he moves when the ball is at his feet that makes him so dangerous. He is a great finisher too.
Sane is one of the biggest talents in his age group around. The reports sometime back were of City being in for him, sadly. He's been super impressive whenever I've seen him. Like Martial, looks like another with a great combination of skill, pace and power.

SambaBoy

He was good last season tbf, always impressed by him. Just this season, he has developed even further which is very encouraging for someone in his 2nd season in this division and someone relatively young. He's added the end product in terms of goals and assists now.

I think he can develop even further and become a top class winger as well. His pace is not electric but he's no slouch and can beat most defenders from a standing start by using his agility and skill to throw the of balance like the goal today. He's not the type to knock it past and run however he can do that in shrot bursts around the box but he mostly relies on his quick feet and balance to beat a defender, a bit like Nani really.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he the most skillful player in the league? Flip-flap and nutmegs his way past everybody. Lacks the pace of Martial but he seems to have the ball on a string in the same way the Frenchman does.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When you see Albrighton playing like a world class talent, you really need to take the form of these players with a pinch of salt. Mahrez could be the real deal, but I'd want to see him do it for another season.

EDIT: Looking through his career prior to this, it's pretty poor. Certainly could be another player that Ranieri has punching above his weight.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When you see Albrighton playing like a world class talent, you really need to take the form of these players with a pinch of salt. Mahrez could be the real deal, but I'd want to see him do it for another season.
World class talent is a bit much but I do see your point. Still, it's a lot like Liverpool last season where players like Skrtel, Gerrard (at that point), Henderson etc... All looked like excellent players, but it was clearly the talent of Suarez and then Sturridge and Coutinho/Sterling at times. I think Vardy, Mahrez, and Kante are like the latter, they're definitely a class ahead of the rest of the side, who are all benefiting from a great purple patch of form.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Is he the most skillful player in the league? Flip-flap and nutmegs his way past everybody. Lacks the pace of Martial but he seems to have the ball on a string in the same way the Frenchman does.
Definitely up there with Payet at this point as the most entertaining dribbler.

The White Pele

Fantastic player. Has to be one of our targets this summer. He's like a fully developed Januzaj.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Mahrez scores goals and makes assists. He is prolific.
Sane, is a young player who may be good enough to play for a top team...maybe. Personally, I don't see it, but time will prove me wrong or right. I think Januzaj is just as good. And Januzaj is certainly not a first team player for MUFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.