g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Robbers ambush Tom Cleverley

Siorac

You would buy a woman for 10k?
No but I'd buy a handbag that makes me pizza, thus freeing up the woman to suck my cock.
Bigger question is how is a journeyman in his trade earn that much. I'm like Ferguson, I don't begrudge the greats the wealth but when mediocre players and their golddigging wives spend more on a fecking handbag than the average man earns in a year it's a bit disgusting. Besides who gives a shit, despite brief trauma he'll buy back that Hermes handbag in less than a week.
The true greats earn 7-8 times what he does. And he's still far better than the vast majority of professional footballers on the planet. After all, don't forget, even League 2 is pro.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Anybody who says they don't feel sympathy because he's so wealthy can feck off, the fact a 2 year old girl was present makes this whole thing very tragic. How will this affect her going forward? It's not like they sneaked in and robbed quietly, they threatened the family with weapons ffs. Things like this stay with children.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Anybody who says they don't feel sympathy because he's so wealthy can feck off, the fact a 2 year old girl was present makes this whole thing very tragic. How will this affect her going forward?
My parents house was broken into when I was a child and we didn't have the luxury of spending 10k on fecking handbags, she'll be fine you overdramatic so and so.

Member 39557

Anybody who says they don't feel sympathy because he's so wealthy can feck off, the fact a 2 year old girl was present makes this whole thing very tragic. How will this affect her going forward? It's not like they sneaked in and robbed quietly, they threatened the family with weapons ffs. Things like this stay with children.
She's only two, she'll be fine. If she was school age then it would be a lot worse.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Won't someone think of the bracelet and the handbag? Poor Georgina :(

Adcuth

Well I'm going to tell you anyways. It's an expensive watch.

Useless to me, because I'm careless with stuff, and it's worth is not driven by careful craftsmanship or good watch engineering. It's just a normal watch made with expensive material by highly paid laborers and bling'd out. But bitches* love money, and things like that tell the world you have money. If you love bitches*, and have money, that's one way to go.

*Used in a non-disrespectful way
I love bitches

Laphroaig

The use of the phrase gold-digger and implication that Cleverley's girlfriend will only sleep with him in return for expensive trinkets suggests that the green-eyed monster might have a part to play in this latest rant. Perhaps getting all swole hasn't turned him into quite the cassanova he thought it would?
Even when he has a point (because 10k purses and 50k watches are indeed reprehensible) he manages to drown it in misogynism and sexual frustration.

Varun

Staff
Even if I earned twice the amount that Cleverley earns I would never dream of buying some gold digger a £10k handbag or a £15k bracelet, nor would I have any use for a £50k watch.

I feel bad that they had their security and privacy invaded but spending nearly a year's wages (for a minimum wage worker) on a fecking HANGBAG is just as morally reprehensible as theft. We are talking about two different kinds of scum, but scum nonetheless.
Do you realize what is an acceptable expenditure on a weekend party for you is crazy money for someone else in the city who can barely manage 2 square meals?

Do you consider yourself as scum too or is clev the only scum because he's much richer than you?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How can you not feel sorry for him and his family when they were there when it happened?

It's a terrible experience, probably even worse than for an average person considering the robbers have much more to get and are ready for everything. The poor kid and his wife must be scared to death, they will probably always have consenquences for this. Living in a home that is robbed is different experience and you never feel safe again, even if you are not soft person in general.

My neighbour experienced the same and both his kid and wife are scared to stay home alone after even during the day. My place was also robbed once, but at least I wasn't there during the robbery, but it's still different living there after you know it happened.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If only Cleverly had a gun.

Runs away
he probably does own one, only it's made of gold and worth more then his house! It probably in the panic room.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
You can actually express that you feel no sympathy for rich people becoming slightly less rich, while at the same time being fully appreciative that it must absolutely suck to have someone break into your home like that.
But when you focus on one more than the other you are going to get some grief.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great thread. "No sympathy" for having your house forcibly entered and having your family threatened in your own home, because he's rich. It's a horrifying, traumatic experience to be home as it happens, but he'll be able to buy all the shrinks in the world to help him get over it, right?

How dare a wealthy person use his wealth to buy luxury items. What's wrong with a Matalan handbag, Tom?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thank feck nothing has happened to the lad, thankfully he's mastered the art of disappearing and hiding during his United days.

ATXRedDevil

Love reading threads like this here. The poor guy was robbed in his home. Who cares if he has expensive jewelry and handbags there? It's his money he earned, he can spend it how he likes. So many jealous people in here upset that some people make a lot of money. So much demonization of those with wealth.

As for the gun comment, this would have ended differently in Texas. Someone robs my home with a bat when I'm there with my wife and kid, they're leaving with their tail between their legs or in a body bag, and rightfully so.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Love reading threads like this here. The poor guy was robbed in his home. Who cares if he has expensive jewelry and handbags there? It's his money he earned, he can spend it how he likes. So many jealous people in here upset that some people make a lot of money. So much demonization of those with wealth.

As for the gun comment, this would have ended differently in Texas. Someone robs my home with a bat when I'm there with my wife and kid, they're leaving with their tail between their legs or in a body bag, and rightfully so.
:nono:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Does Texas have a castle law?

Siorac

How can you not feel sorry for him and his family when they were there when it happened?

It's a terrible experience, probably even worse than for an average person considering the robbers have much more to get and are ready for everything.
No way it's worse than for an average person. It's a similar trauma but for most of us it's much more difficult to replace stolen valuables than it is for a professional footballer.

Siorac

What's the difference between a robber and a burglar anyway? I'm sure there is one but can't remember.
A robbery is taking something from a person and using force, or the threat of force, to do it.

A burglary is entering a structure or dwelling with the intent to commit a crime within it.

ants7

Will he go AWOL and join PSG now?

On serious note, that's a terrible experience. Luckily, he has the means to recover well and forget about it.

Siorac

Redcafe. A bottomless source of (almost) useless information.

What about a thief, then? Can he do either?
Theft is simply taking someone's tangible property (so not a land or a house) without the owner's consent. If you enter to any kind of structure unlawfully to take stuff, it's a burglary; if you use force to take stuff, it's robbery.

At least that's how I understand it. I'm no lawyer, mind you.

Amir

He's a first team player in a team that plays in a league that generates well over £3bn in annual revenue. Would be kind of weird if he lived in a smaller/cheaper house.
I know, of course. It's just the idea that someone who isn't very good at what he does has that sort of money...