Robert Lewandowski 2019/20 performances

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Well that's most certainly not optimal. I hope he will be back for the QF, which Bayern should be able to reach even without him.

bulby

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They have a quite easy schedule next month, plus there is a international break end of march. Far worse would have been if they would miss him in April (vs. BVB, Leverkusen, Gladbach, CL quarterfinal).

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
This will cost him the golden shoe, not that an individual prize matters so much, but it's time he gets some more recognition for just how good he is. What was he at the last Ballon d'Or? 9th or something? Ridiculous. Also just read some American ESPN article the other day ranking the top 10 strikers in the world and they didn't even put him in there, while putting in players like Joao Felix.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
What a shame for him. He had a chance to break Gerd Muller's immortal Bundesliga record. The best striker in Europe this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Makes everyone else look pretty stingy.

But yeah, brilliant.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Good on him. One million euros is a lot. I'm sure others will follow.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Another 2 goals and 1 assist in Bayern‘s 3-1 win.
He’s up to 48 goals in 41 games and I am hard pressed to find arguments for him not winning the Balon d‘Or.

Paul_Scholes18

Another 2 goals and 1 assist in Bayern‘s 3-1 win.
He’s up to 48 goals in 41 games and I am hard pressed to find arguments for him not winning the Balon d‘Or.
I think the argument against is that he got so good service and has mainly done it in a weaker league against weaker sides.
Although Messi and Ronaldo has not done it against stronger teams either this season.
I think it could be KDBs to win. Although it depend on who wins the CL.
If Barca or Juventus win then it will go towards Ronaldo or Messi like normal.
If PSG win then Neymar or Mbappe might get it.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think the argument against is that he got so good service and has mainly done it in a weaker league against weaker sides.
Although Messi and Ronaldo has not done it against stronger teams either this season.
Ronaldo is not having a great season so far by his standards. 25 goals so far with 15games to season end

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Considering that Ronaldo and Messi are not having great seasons in CL this year, who else should it be?

I think Lewandowski deserves it so far, no doubt.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Can you honestly see this Juventus-side winning CL? Because i surely cant.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You say Lewandowski is doing it in a weaker league but then make the argument for Ronaldo. Serie A is weaker or equal to the BL, no way higher quality.

The award is highly dependent on the UCL. Whichever team wins, from wherever league, the best player from there will win it.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You say Lewandowski is doing it in a weaker league but then make the argument for Ronaldo. Serie A is weaker or equal to the BL, no way higher quality.

The award is highly dependent on the UCL. Whichever team wins, from wherever league, the best player from there will win it.
Messi won it last time though

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The CL is very open now due to the change in format so he's got an excellent change of winning it. He's quality and would fully deserve it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very good chance if he shows in the QFs onwards for the CL. Don’t think he will.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Was Bundesliga always 18 team league competition?
Yes*.

*It started with 16 in 1963 but was increased to 18 in 1965. The 1991/1992 season had 20 teams due to the reunification of Germany.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Best player in the world right now.

This guy is so complete as a forward, just saw an analysis of his match vs Chelsea, and even though Gnabry scored two goals and Davies stole the headlines with his left-wing rushes, it was truly Lewandowski who was the man of the match. He excels in everything. He wins his duels, has excellent ball control, his passes are spot on, and of course, he scores goals like no other.

Those saying it's in the Bundesliga, are first of all underrating that league, it's a very physical league like ours is, with great goalkeepers. Aubameyang's ratio hasn't dropped when moving to England either.

Just saw that the European Golden Boot hasn't gone to a Bundesliga player in 48 years, since Gerd Muller won it in 1972. So apparently it's not that easy to score so many goals in Germany. We didn't berate Messi and Ronaldo for doing it in a league which has had the most Golden boot winners ever, and even players like Forlan, Falcao or Suarez outscoring them with 30+, even 40 goals.

What Lewandowski is doing this season is really, really special. The Ballon d'Or still has a few more months, but UEFA best player is awarded at the end of each season, and I cannot see anyone other than Robert winning that one.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Best player in the world right now.
It's very much between him and De Bruyne (and their functions are so different that it's almost impossible to directly compare him). Both have near perfect seasons, it would be nice to see City - Bayern face each other in the final.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Top scorer of the Bundesliga season for the fifth time, 34 goals in 31 games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
50 goals in total for Bayern now this season. 54 overall if you include internationals.

Bundesliga top scorer, German Cup top scorer, current CL top scorer.

I hope they win the CL so he bags the Balon D'or. Fully deserves it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I love his no-look penalties:
Bayern's own twitter doesn't know Muller was the first one to do no look penalties at Bayern.

Muller was pretty damn good at them as well up until he missed against A.Madrid, never took one afterwards.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Bayern's own twitter doesn't know Muller was the first one to do no look penalties at Bayern
Muller was pretty damn good at them as well up until he missed against A.Madrid, never took one afterwards.
Well, it cost Bayern the final in a year they were the absolute favorites. I didn't see many of Mullers penalty's but that miss was a bad one.

Probably would have won the CL had that not happened. Were all over Atletico. Never seen a team put so much pressure on another team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well, it cost Bayern the final in a year they were the absolute favorites. I didn't see many of Mullers penalty's but that miss was a bad one.

Probably would have won the CL had that not happened. Were all over Atletico. Never seen a team put so much pressure on another team.
Yea that's true but I always found it strange he stopped after just one miss. I don't think I saw him miss a no look penalty before that and he was Bayern and Germany's regular taker for a couple of years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best striker in the world by miles.

Literally nothing this guy can't do, so great to watch. It's almost a shock when he doesn't score a chance!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Greenwood is slightly better.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Yea that's true but I always found it strange he stopped after just one miss. I don't think I saw him miss a no look penalty before that and he was Bayern and Germany's regular taker for a couple of years.
he took another one only few weeks later in a cup game and also missed. Not sure he ever took another one after those two. His pens we strange, because he relied 100% on sending the keeper the wrong way. Maybe he realized that his method got figured out or he just lost confidence in his approach.

---------

Lewa is class. On top of all these goals, he became a leader on the pitch.

Blackwidow

he took another one only few weeks later in a cup game and also missed. Not sure he ever took another one after those two. His pens we strange, because he relied 100% on sending the keeper the wrong way. Maybe he realized that his method got figured out or he just lost confidence in his approach.

---------

Lewa is class. On top of all these goals, he became a leader on the pitch.
Müller already got insecure some months before. But it always were meaningless ones - the decisive ones were still in. I think that Müller - and not just him but Lewy, Alaba etc. - were all burned out after the previous months when because of injuries etc. everything depended on them - perfectionist Pep who even corrected distances between players when they lead comfortably with 4 goals did not help that.

He takes penalties again. But "normal" ones. When Lewy does not play or in penalty shootings what does not happen very often.