Robert Lewandowski 2021/22 performances

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Fastest UCL hattrick ever. His 5th UCL hattrick(Only Ronaldo Messi got more).
Also has the fastest 4 goal haul in the competition.

Name a more consistent striker in modern Football. Criminally underrated.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Fastest UCL hattrick ever. His 5th UCL hattrick(Only Ronaldo Messi got more).
Also has the fastest 4 goal haul in the competition.

Name a more consistent striker in modern Football. Criminally underrated.
Should have been given the 2020 ballon d’or by fecking zoom if needed to be.

Fantastic striker

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The opening pen was the most important goal of the season so far, sparked the whole squad to get a grip of the game, when we also could have been one down already.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That turn on the ball for the first penalty was gorgeous, the turn for the second penalty wasn't bad as well.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Lewandowski feasts on weak teams but rarely will you see him have a hat trick against truly quality teams in CL. Great player, but a bit of a flat track bully

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Lewandowski feasts on weak teams but rarely will you see him have a hat trick against truly quality teams in CL. Great player, but a bit of a flat track bully
Doesn't every player score more against weaker teams?

Lewandowski has scored against every top team he faced too.
It's just nonsense to criticize him for things that apply to every player.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
You didn't see him score 4 vs Real Madrid?

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
You didn't see him score 4 vs Real Madrid?
6 against Madrid
4 against Barcelona
2 against Atelico
4 against Arsenal
1 against City
1 against Juventus
1 against PSG
2 against Tottenham
3 against Chelsea

He scored against every big team except Liverpool when they played under Kovac and didn't leave their own half.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Feasting on weak teams

7 - Robert Lewandowski was involved in all seven of Bayern Munich's goals against Chelsea in the Champions League this season (3 goals, 4 assists). He was the first player to register 3+ goals and assists against an opponent in a season since Luis Figo in 2004/05 vs Roma. Heaven.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I have run out of words to say about this man. I saw Marco van Basten play live and he is the closest striker to the aforementioned. It's his consistency that stands out.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Would you mind providing a list of players that scored a hat trick against „truly quality teams in CL“?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Would you mind providing a list of players that scored a hat trick against „truly quality teams in CL“?
Lewandowski scored a quadruple against Real Madrid, so the list will start with him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Rivaldo vs Milan
Ronaldo vs United
Messi vs Arsenal
Bale vs Inter
Lewa vs Real
Aguero vs Bayern
Messi vs City
CR7 vs Bayern
CR7 vs Atletico
CR7 vs Atletico (for Juve)
Mbappe vs Barca
Nkunku vs City

And I felt I was strict on this list.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His touch for the first goal was world class. That’s what Utd need a player where even tough balls can stick, Ronaldo just can’t do that anymore. Martial was the closest to that when on form but obviously without many of the other elements that make Lewa so great.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

You're brainwashed. Stop following those dumb Messi fanpages. :lol:

Lewandowski scored a quadruple against Real Madrid, so the list will start with him.
Yeah. Pretty recently he destroyed Chelsea with 3 goals and 4 assists in a knockout tie.

His touch for the first goal was world class. That’s what Utd need a player where even tough balls can stick, Ronaldo just can’t do that anymore. Martial was the closest to that when on form but obviously without many of the other elements that make Lewa so great.
Probably got the best first touch currently. His turns take players by surprise since you don't expect a tall CF to turn on a dime so seamlessly.

Imagine we signed him in 2012 :(
Fergie chose the short term signing(RVP) over the long term one because he needed instant success before stepping down. That's the reason I guess. I'm pretty sure Lewy said he wanted the move and had a phone call with Fergie too.

And now, there are rumours of him coming to United everywhere.....

I have run out of words to say about this man. I saw Marco van Basten play live and he is the closest striker to the aforementioned. It's his consistency that stands out.
The thing is that he scores so much these days that people forget about his all round game. Last night he had such great interplay. He singlehandedly brings everyone into play. Very complete as a lone striker. His backheel assist for the Sane goal was beautiful too.

The way he handles long balls and they stick to him I can see why Big Sam wanted him for Blackburn all those years back. He's an expert in the air. :lol:

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
The way he handles long balls and they stick to him I can see why Big Sam wanted him for Blackburn all those years back. He's an expert in the air. :lol:
He is consonantly improving. In an interview he did, he spoke about how he watched a midfielder, I think it was Xabi Alonso from memory, passing and he improved it. His aerial prowess improved a lot as well from his earlier days in Dortmund. I wouldn't say he was particularly good in the air in the early part of his career.

The way he moves into the channels and brings down long balls reminds me of Marco van Basten. When Marco van Basten played under Johan Cruijff, he was not a stationary #9 before his ill-fated ankle injury. The biggest difference between Lewandowksi and van Basten is that Marco van Basten was an elite ball carrier before his injuries and he could play on the wing.

Fitness and being available is a skill set in itself.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

You're brainwashed. Stop following those dumb Messi fanpages. :lol:

Yeah. Pretty recently he destroyed Chelsea with 3 goals and 4 assists in a knockout tie.

Probably got the best first touch currently. His turns take players by surprise since you don't expect a tall CF to turn on a dime so seamlessly.

Fergie chose the short term signing(RVP) over the long term one because he needed instant success before stepping down. That's the reason I guess. I'm pretty sure Lewy said he wanted the move and had a phone call with Fergie too.

And now, there are rumours of him coming to United everywhere.....

The thing is that he scores so much these days that people forget about his all round game. Last night he had such great interplay. He singlehandedly brings everyone into play. Very complete as a lone striker. His backheel assist for the Sane goal was beautiful too.

Says the guy following Lewa fan pages:lol:

and it was lampard chelsea, who were quite poor.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I have also noticed this, he barley scored any CL knockout goals until the season they won it. Played also poorly for Poland in every major tournament except for Euro20 game against Sweden.
he’s a fantastic player but you really see him run up the goal tally when Bayern are running up the score. If it’s a close neck and neck match with an elite opponent you rarely see Lewa with the match winning goal. Doesn’t mean he’s not amazing, but definitely something to note.

Flexdegea

Dumb take, he just isn’t big on Lewa, doesn’t make him a troll

He could have been serious, I mean couple posts below someone laid out the goal totals against the big teams, it's as good as anyone alive, it's ridiculous take why I said it's a troll.

FlightMaster

He could have been serious, I mean couple posts below someone laid out the goal totals against the big teams, it's as good as anyone alive, it's ridiculous take why I said it's a troll.
for sure, but I don’t think he was trolling, even if others disagree. And Lewa hasn’t really had that tiebreaker goal he was talking about. Obviously the guy is a great player.

Flexdegea

for sure, but I don’t think he was trolling, even if others disagree. And Lewa hasn’t really had that tiebreaker goal he was talking about. Obviously the guy is a great player.

I don't even mean what tiebreaker goal means.......hes literally banged bucket load of goals against every big team he has played

Boavista

he’s a fantastic player but you really see him run up the goal tally when Bayern are running up the score. If it’s a close neck and neck match with an elite opponent you rarely see Lewa with the match winning goal. Doesn’t mean he’s not amazing, but definitely something to note.
How often do these happen though, especially against Bayern? I see this kind of take a lot, and often matches just get discounted in hindsight because when a team wins dominantly, suddenly the opponent isn't elite anymore.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He's just statpadding in a one team league and is just a poacher with no all round game.........oh wait!
The funny thing is that the Bundesliga is a tougher competition for Bayern than the CL in the last years.

This season they got 1.96 points per game in the BL. CL so far 2.75 ppg
Last season it was 2.29 ppg in the BL, 2.5 ppg in the CL
19/20 it was 2.41 ppg in the BL, 3.00 ppg in the CL (yes, they won every game they played that season).

As mentioned before, Lewandowski hasn't lost a single CL game in those years (and the club only lost one game last season).

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The funny thing is that the Bundesliga is a tougher competition for Bayern than the CL in the last years.

This season they got 1.96 points per game in the BL. CL so far 2.75 ppg
Last season it was 2.29 ppg in the BL, 2.5 ppg in the CL
19/20 it was 2.41 ppg in the BL, 3.00 ppg in the CL (yes, they won every game they played that season).

As mentioned before, Lewandowski hasn't lost a single CL game in those years (and the club only lost one game last season).
That would imply Bayern is winning the CL every year like they do in the BL which clearly isn't the case.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
That would imply Bayern is winning the CL every year like they do in the BL which clearly isn't the case.
Not really.

The reason Bayern were knocked out last year was because RL9 wasn't available against PSG.

So his record remained intact. Hence this statistic.

Longest streak of a player winning CL matches I heard.

Blackwidow

It is a knockout tournament - Bayern does not win the German Cup every year, too.
Last season it was not just that Lewy was missing but with Goretzka and Tolisso as B2B and Gnabry being the most clinical winger. That is why there were so many chances, creativity and xG but less clinical power up front than usual.

The UEFA coefficents of the recent 5 seasons (17/18 to 21/22)
Bayern München​
137000​
Manchester City​
128000​
Liverpool​
125000​
Chelsea​
118000​
Real Madrid​
116000​
Paris Saint-Germain​
112000​
FC Barcelona​
110000​
Juventus​
107000​
Manchester United​
105000​
Atlético Madrid​
101000​

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Another 30 goal season in the league already.

RedDevilMachine

Insane form. Bayern was unlucky to lose him last season or they could have won the CL. Robbed of 2 Ballon d'ors. Even if Bayern doesn't win the CL this season, he should win the next Ballon d'or. Top scorer in Bundesliga and CL.