Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney1987

Seems like an odd transfer. If Sir Alex wanted him wouldn't he agreed a deal with Dortmund for both Kagawa and Lewandowski at the same time rather sign one then go back.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Do you think he'll fit in our expected 2-3-2-2-1-formation?

Where the feck is friendlytramps excactly? He needs to get this deal signed up for Alec immediately!!

Hans Moleman

Michał Zachodny ‏@polishscout
I think Smuda was lost in translation. He just used Piszczek, Lewandowski and Kuba POSSIBLE transfers as reference to their development.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Michał Zachodny ‏@polishscout
I think Smuda was lost in translation. He just used Piszczek, Lewandowski and Kuba POSSIBLE transfers as reference to their development.
This, obviously.

I mean, "in my opinion" should've given it away, and even then, we have to take into account that only friendlytramp is allowed to close deals for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah i think he was more than likely saying lewandowski could play for utd.. kuba madrid.. pisczhek chelsea! they are that good!.

More than the actual transfers happening.

Hellboy

Their coach is just speculating, Dortmund are in the Champions League next year and have already sold Kagawa, do you really think they want to sell all their best players ?Lewandowski is off contract in 2 years, if we are still interested he'll come to Old Trafford next summer.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Not to be a buzz kill but

"In my opinion, in a moment they will be gone from Borussia," Smuda said. "'Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real (Madrid)."
So basically he's saying at some point those players will become too big for Borussia and move on.

Nor exactly Earth shattering news is it.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Sigh.........why? :houllier:
Because he doesn't fit into Fergie's vision for the future of this team? Apparently SAF wants to play with more pace and fluidity. Jav slows things down and is constantly offside, getting caught offside is the fastest way to concede possession and territorial advantage.

Jav is a very good player but he needs to be a focal point of a team, unfortunately he is not good enough to be that focal point for an elite level team.

I am not saying that this is what is going to happen. I am just offering a possible perspective on the situation.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
Because he doesn't fit into Fergie's vision for the future of this team? Apparently SAF wants to play with more pace and fluidity. Jav slows things down and is constantly offside, getting caught offside is the fastest way to concede possession and territorial advantage.

Jav is a very good player but he needs to be a focal point of a team, unfortunately he is not good enough to be that focal point for an elite level team.

I am not saying that this is what is going to happen. I am just offering a possible perspective on the situation.
i tend to agree with your appraisel of hernandez. supersub when chasing a goal. the offsides are beguinning to be unbearable with him.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
If he did play Kagaw out wide he wouldn't be turning him into anything. Apparently he plays on the wing for Japan.
apparently not....he will definatley be first choice....in the hole behind rooney and will definatley score a dozen and create as many. or so say the majority. how many of the majority have actually seen him is another thing

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You would think that.
Nothing to do with him being Polish. He's simply one of the two Polish players who could make it anywhere, the other being Piszczek. And he's a pretty good striker, as good if not better than Dzeko and Huntelaar.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
apparently not....he will definatley be first choice....in the hole behind rooney and will definatley score a dozen and create as many. or so say the majority. how many of the majority have actually seen him is another thing
:lol: this coming from someone who yesterday was shown his arse regarding a player he watches every week apparently in Welbeck.

Count Orduck

Nothing to do with him being Polish. He's simply one of the two Polish players who could make it anywhere, the other being Piszczek. And he's a pretty good striker, as good if not better than Dzeko and Huntelaar.
And Dzeko and Huntelaar have shown themselves to be real top draw strikers over the past few years.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't rate either of them. If you're an averagely skilled striker then you'll find you home in Bundesliga, as Dzeko, Huntelaar, Lewandowski and Gomez all have.

It makes more sense than that "Welbeck is a much better player than Lewandowski" shit you served us earlier in the thread
Of course it makes more fecking sense, you're almost stating the obvious.

Welbeck is a better player than Lewandowski. I watched him a lot the season before last and he was mediocre. 43 games and 9 goals all together too, according to Wikipedia. I know Welbeck is not scoring a lot of goals, but even a blind man can see he's a very talented player. As Sarni said, he's about as good as Huntelaar. Do you really think that is better than Welbeck? Seriously?

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Didn't know Lewandowski is only 23.. it will be a good signing but strangely do we really need him? He is 6'0 - that would add another dimension to our attack that we don't currently posses. (although Welbeck is 6'1 - lewandowski is much better in the air)

Chabon

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Danny Welbeck won't be a better player than Lewandowski in the near future, this would be a completely ridiculous signing and I dearly hope it's just the Polish manager being a muppet.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
We're getting rid of two strikers and people don't think we need to bring in another one, I can't work that one out. People seem to have it nailed on that we will only play with one striker because of Kagawa for some reason, I'm sorry but Fergie really isn't that predictable!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Danny Welbeck won't be a better player than Lewandowski in the near future, this would be a completely ridiculous signing and I dearly hope it's just the Polish manager being a muppet.
The same Polish manager that left after 15 minutes of going to see him for the first time a few years back. He shouted at the guy that recommended he go see him that he 'owes him petrol money. If I wanted to see trees, I'd have gone to the forest' or something like that.

Brophs

The One and Only
If this is true, why are we buying another fecking striker? Just buy a midfielder and play him up front, then everyone's happy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't rate either of them. If you're an averagely skilled striker then you'll find you home in Bundesliga, as Dzeko, Huntelaar, Lewandowski and Gomez all have.

Of course it makes more fecking sense, you're almost stating the obvious.

Welbeck is a better player than Lewandowski. I watched him a lot the season before last and he was mediocre. 43 games and 9 goals all together too, according to Wikipedia. I know Welbeck is not scoring a lot of goals, but even a blind man can see he's a very talented player. As Sarni said, he's about as good as Huntelaar. Do you really think that is better than Welbeck? Seriously?
Thus your view is pointless.
Being talented and being actually better are two different things.Right now Lewandowski is a better player than Welbeck but Welbeck is a really promising and potentially world class player.
Just do not confuse actual performances with future potential.You're basing your opinion of him (the Huntelaar comparison)on Sarni's view which IMO is weird.

032Devil

Why would we buy him? No chance. Too good to be a 4th striker.
SAF gives each striker a chance to prove himself. Their individual success (or lack of), will determine the pecking order.

The Neviller

i tend to agree with your appraisel of hernandez. supersub when chasing a goal. the offsides are beguinning to be unbearable with him.
Maybe if our midfielders spotted and played a through-ball quicker it wouldn't be a problem. His movement is superb, we just haven't got a midfielder capable of spotting and playing the right passes. Maybe Kagawa's quicker thinking will get more out of Hernandez than we currently do.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Who both looks miles off being good enough for us mind.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Maybe if our midfielders spotted and played a through-ball quicker it wouldn't be a problem. His movement is superb, we just haven't got a midfielder capable of spotting and playing the right passes. Maybe Kagawa's quicker thinking will get more out of Hernandez than we currently do.
Totally agree no-beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.