Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

Maybe if our midfielders spotted and played a through-ball quicker it wouldn't be a problem. His movement is superb, we just haven't got a midfielder capable of spotting and playing the right passes. Maybe Kagawa's quicker thinking will get more out of Hernandez than we currently do.
That's what Rooney should be doing, and has done, it's been a bit of both, Hernandez has gone too early at times and at other his touch has let him down, sometimes though the likes of Rooney don't get the ball through or miss the run. In general though I think the lack of variety Hernandez has to his game means that he'll likely be better off as an impact sun and a rotation player, rather than an automatic starter.

Ekeke

Lewandowski is very good and a lot of his game goes unappreciated. He's not just a goalscorer, its just he isnt flashy in his work. He's a hard worker who does well for the team and links up well with other players.

He's come on leaps and bounds this season. Really didnt think much of him the season before

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
That's what Rooney should be doing, and has done, it's been a bit of both, Hernandez has gone too early at times and at other his touch has let him down, sometimes though the likes of Rooney don't get the ball through or miss the run. In general though I think the lack of variety Hernandez has to his game means that he'll likely be better off as an impact sun and a rotation player, rather than an automatic starter.
Big ask for Rooney to be fulfilling that role while still bearing the responsibility of being our primary source of goals. About time we got someone whose main responsibility is this.

Name Changed

weso26
So I wake up to find out today that we are signing Modric, Lewandowski and Henriquez.

If only I believed the tabloids I'd be very excited.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Strange deal indeed since united do not need another striker.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Strange deal indeed since united do not need another striker.
Berbatov leaving and we are down to three.(Assuming Macheda is going on loan)

Despite signing Kagawa it doesnt mean for certain that we wont be going 442 in a majority of games.

Bape

Despite signing Kagawa it doesnt mean for certain that we wont be going 442 in a majority of games.
We can still play 442 with Kagawa (or even Young) though. I'd be happy with this signing if it doesn't stop us getting a CM.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
With the inclusion of Kagawa, I don't see the point in this. He fills the spot left by Berbatov and another big name striker would only be another bench player.

That would leave us with

Hernandez
Rooney
Kagawa
Nani
Welbeck
Valencia
Young
Lewandowski

8 forward players, 4 of which are strikers 3 are wingers and 1 attacking mid

I'm all for rotation but I think 8 is too many. Then you add the likes or Park and Giggs and thats 10.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
No way are all three of those players leaving Dortmund this summer. It would be suicide on their part to sell them all.

Sylar

Fergie is trolling and is intending on moulding Lewandowski into a new CB and Kagawa into our new RB. Its all part of the master plan of playing everybody out of position to confuse opposition.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
With the inclusion of Kagawa, I don't see the point in this. He fills the spot left by Berbatov and another big name striker would only be another bench player.
Well that not certain. it could be Anderson or giggs for all we know. Anderson could be sold and giggs may be looked upon as a "bonus" player.

Ringo 07

Id say Lewandowski definitely will not be coming to us over the summer and this misunderstanding will be resolved very soon

ricky-romeo

macheda is not good enough to even be our 4th choice striker. he is not even good enough to be on the bench for QPR. a shame considering that he looks very promising when he was 17.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Id say Lewandowski definitely will not be coming to us over the summer and this misunderstanding will be resolved very soon
I agree with you Ringo.

I am not convinced that the player is of the required ability anyway. Danny Welbeck deserves a chance to develop and prove his worth as a top tier player.

Revan

Assumptionman

Still we have Welbeck and Chicha. Also, Berbatov didn't play that much last season so we don't really need no replace him.

nemanja15

^ I can see what you're saying, but it only takes one injury to scupper that though. And with Rooney and Welbeck playing in the Euros, depending on how far England get, Fergie may have to ease them into the season anyhow (and God forbid one of them picking up an injury).

Chabon

macheda is not good enough to even be our 4th choice striker. he is not even good enough to be on the bench for QPR. a shame considering that he looks very promising when he was 17.
Of course he's good enough to be a fourth choice. He'll hardly ever start, and will mostly get a few games off the bench now and then. Fortunately he's an excellent impact sub, and Fergie loves him. He'll be our fourth choice striker, I've little doubt of that.

tintedsepia

Don't see this. We enquired about him. Nothing agreed. Unless its for next season as he runs down his contract.

Ekeke

6 motm for Dortmund last season to Kagawa's 4. Same number of assists.

I think we're likely keeping an eye on him even if we dont sign him

Mojo_pin

Maybe we will push Rooney into midfield??? Although people claim a CM is essential this summer, all I have read on 'Twitter' is that Fergie is after a new Striker.

Liam147

On Probation

That would leave us with

Hernandez
Rooney
Kagawa
Nani
Welbeck
Valencia
Young
Lewandowski

8 forward players, 4 of which are strikers 3 are wingers and 1 attacking mid

I'm all for rotation but I think 8 is too many. Then you add the likes or Park and Giggs and thats 10.
Basically this. I felt we had too many forwards last season before Sneijder, which kind of proved true as Hernandez and Berbatov were always left out, and one of Young, Nani and Valencia were. We weren't short of attacking options.

He sounds a very good player, scoring ten goals in his last 22 internationals, tipped to be a star of the tournament, but he's not what we need, and I reckon it's a ploy by the manager to increase interest in him (and therefore hopefully his performance level).

I'd be disappointed if signing him meant we couldn't get a midfielder.

scottish_red

i have a sneaky feeling that we may be using this guy as a decoy for our real striker target, a certain Van Persie. Why would we pay (£45m) 30m + say 15m for his wages over a 4yr contract, when we can get a much better player for the same value in Van Persie, £20m fee and £25m Wages.

prateik

Why? We get a resale value or we get a player for more than 3-4 seasons (if we keep him)

Dont think its happening though.. Unless we are selling Rooney to PSG for 120m..

scottish_red

Why? We get a resale value or we get a player for more than 3-4 seasons (if we keep him)

Dont think its happening though.. Unless we are selling Rooney to PSG for 120m..
there is no guarantee he will have a great resale value, he could underwhelm like Dzeko did coming from Germany. Van Persie is tried and tested, as well as being highly marketable.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
i have a sneaky feeling that we may be using this guy as a decoy for our real striker target, a certain Van Persie. Why would we pay (£45m) 30m + say 15m for his wages over a 4yr contract, when we can get a much better player for the same value in Van Persie, £20m fee and £25m Wages.
:houllier::lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we needed a striker then Lewandowski would be one of the top names on my list. He's goals/assist ratio are excellent, he had already played with Kagawa and he's at the right age to come at United. However we don't need another striker. Kagawa should be playing as our no 10 (his natural role) just behind Rooney, with Welbeck and Hernandez acting as cover. That should, in my opinion, be the plan unless.................SAF knows something that we don't know (Rooney or Nani leaving?)

JB7

there is no guarantee he will have a great resale value, he could underwhelm like Dzeko did coming from Germany. Van Persie is tried and tested, as well as being highly marketable.
Van Persie is nearly 29 and has only had one season in the last 8 where he hasn't missed a good chunk of the season injured. If I was at Arsenal I'd want rid of him while his stock is high.

scottish_red

Van Persie is nearly 29 and has only had one season in the last 8 where he hasn't missed a good chunk of the season injured. If I was at Arsenal I'd want rid of him while his stock is high.
We could manage Van Persie much better in terms of keeping him fit with our squad rotation and Van Persie isnt really a player who relies on physical aspects for his game, its more about technical ability. Van Persie could easily play another 5-6yrs at a top level and he strikes me as a very down to earth man which im sure Fergie admires greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.