Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
One of the few players that could replace Rooney. Such a great player. His all round game is brilliant and for me the most impressive part about his game, is his hold up and the way he brings others into a move. He leads the line by himself wonderfully but I'd love to see him with Van Persie just off him.
I doubt that we can play both him and RVP at the same time, especially not in the big matches. Rooney can play brilliantly as No.10, haven't seen Lewa doing so.

kps88

They seem prepared to take the hit financially so I don't see why they would sell him now, even if his preferred club has changed.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
You do know their main striker is Manduzic right?
But he's not playing as a "proper" striker anymore, more in an advanced role upfront. In the games he did not play Mandzukic, they were playing without a striker at all. Pep wants to implement a free floating system similar to Spain where no striker is needed

LR7

They seem prepared to take the hit financially so I don't see why they would sell him now even if his preferred club has changed.
Them not wanting to sell their two best players to their biggest rival in the same summer is the reason that they're digging their heels in so much with this imo and it's understandable. That might change if he were to consider going to another league, because his heart was dead set on Bayern before. I find it hard to believe that Dortmund would take the same stance if it wasn't Bayern. (Though they do seem bitter about Kagawa).

I can't see it though. Pep would be stupid to miss out on the chance of signing Lewandowski for free next summer just so that he can shoehorn more midfielders into his team.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
With Pep's new system and the players already at Bayern, it would not be a wise for him to join them.

Would be a great replacement for Rooney
Mandzukic started all competitive games so far; the supercup against Dortmund, the cup game and the first league game.

But he's not playing as a "proper" striker anymore, more in an advanced role upfront. In the games he did not play Mandzukic, they were playing without a striker at all. Pep wants to implement a free floating system similar to Spain where no striker is needed
Lewandowski would be brilliant in the role Mandzukic played in those games. And how do you know that bold part? I doubt that's true. He arguably wants to use a different type of striker, but the amount of goals with scored through headers makes it hard to believe that he doesn't want to use our brilliant wide players (wingers and fullbacks).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Mandzukic started all competitive games so far; the supercup against Dortmund, the cup game and the first league game.

Lewandowski would be brilliant in the role Mandzukic played in those games. And how do you know that bold part? I doubt that's true. He arguably wants to use a different type of striker, but the amount of goals with scored through headers makes it hard to believe that he doesn't want to use our brilliant wide players (wingers and fullbacks).
That's what has been stated in the match analysis' based on the system he played. In some games, Shaqiri was the most advanced player.

I personally dont see Lewandowski as a wing forward

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
That's what has been stated in the match analysis' based on the system he played. In some games, Shaqiri was the most advanced player.

I personally dont see Lewandowski as a wing forward
For short periods during some games, Shaqiri, Robben or Müller were the most advanced players. In the supercup, Mandzukic started in a comparable role to Villa at Barca with Shaqiri as a false 9 type (but Guardiola changed it during the first half, Shaqiri then played as a right winger and Mandzukic in his usual role). I'm sure Lewandowski could play that role, maybe it would look a bit different, but so far Guardiola used a player with physical presence in and around the penalty box in every competitive game and in the cup and league game, Mandzukic played almost the same role as last season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
For short periods during some games, Shaqiri, Robben or Müller were the most advanced players. In the supercup, Mandzukic started in a comparable role to Villa at Barca with Shaqiri as a false 9 type (but Guardiola changed it during the first half, Shaqiri then played as a right winger and Mandzukic in his usual role). I'm sure Lewandowski could play that role, maybe it would look a bit different, but so far Guardiola used a player with physical presence around the penalty box in every competitive game and in the cup and league game, Mandzukic played almost the same role as last season.
But is that the way Pep will continue or will he change more and more? I dont know the answer yet but that's something I would think about if I were Lewandowski

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
That's why I said, we should wait how Götze will fit into the team and if he's used as a false 9, how it's working. There's no reason to panic for Lewandowski right now and make a decision about his role at Bayern in 2014. He should be confident enough that he's a better player than Mandzukic and that a great manager finds a way to tweak the system to play him to his strengths and not use him as a supporting player for others. The first games are hardly proof that Pep wants to play without a striker.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Guardiola is allegedly not too keen - he'd prefer more space for midfielders. :smirk:

Lewandowski is thought to be aware this cooling and is said to be want to move now, and Dortmund may be receptive to the idea of foreign buyers. Real Madrid are inevitably being mentioned
Sounds very much like typical bullshit from the English media. Dortmund seemed very likely to sell him abroad if a good offer came along and the player was actually willing, but now the season is underway and they'd have a hard time finding a suitable replacement for a reasonable price. And Lewandwoski is much more complete than Mandzukic, who knows if Pep would not like him as a middle ground between midfielder and classic no 9 - he signed Ibra after all.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Peps tedious football played with typical german efficiency...........That's a combination that could put a hyperactive 4 year old on speed to sleep.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's already turned down City and Chelsea - the former who were willing to make him the best paid player in the league.
He never turned down either of them. Given the chance he'd move to any club that pays better than Dortmund right now, he's had yet another row with Watzke who didn't keep the promise which upset him (he was supposed to get €7m for the last year of his contract without any extension as a reward for great performances instead of €1m he has on his current contract yet they never offered him a new deal).

I don't think it's the case of Lewandowski wanting to be a Bayern player so much, they just happened to promise him a much better deal than any other team would. He's a mercenary, he won't care if it's Bayern, Chelsea or Al Nasr paying him.

Dominos

He never turned down either of them. Given the chance he'd move to any club that pays better than Dortmund right now, he's had yet another row with Watzke who didn't keep the promise which upset him (he was supposed to get €7m for the last year of his contract without any extension as a reward for great performances instead of €1m he has on his current contract yet they never offered him a new deal).

I don't think it's the case of Lewandowski wanting to be a Bayern player so much, they just happened to promise him a much better deal than any other team would. He's a mercenary, he won't care if it's Bayern, Chelsea or Al Nasr paying him.
And where are you getting this info exactly? You think it's Dortmund refusing to negotiate with English clubs, not just Bayern? Chelsea and City both after strikers will have definitely approached him, he's holding out to join Bayern.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1274227.ece
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1265107.ece

The info from Bild months ago was that he'd definitely be joining Bayern, either this summer or next.

Sarni

And where are you getting this info exactly? You think it's Dortmund refusing to negotiate with English clubs, not just Bayern? Chelsea and City both after strikers will have definitely approached him, he's holding out to join Bayern.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1274227.ece
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1265107.ece

The info from Bild months ago was that he'd definitely be joining Bayern, either this summer or next.
I can promise you that if he received an offer from either of the English clubs his agent would be on the national news talking about it. He spent the whole evening prior to a Champions League game telling everyone that he met Ferguson and he told him that he should have approached him with Lewandowski earlier. The guy leaks every single information about who wants Lewandowski and who doesn't, he hasn't said a word about an official bid from either of them.

He thought he was going to join Bayern this year and he struck a deal with them in May so that's probably the reason why no other club has approached him. At this point it has become certain that Bayern won't buy him now and they may not even want him for their first team next year so given the chance he could probably re-consider.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I can promise you that if he received an offer from either of the English clubs his agent would be on the national news talking about it. He spent the whole evening prior to a Champions League game telling everyone that he met Ferguson and he told him that he should have approached him with Lewandowski earlier. The guy leaks every single information about who wants Lewandowski and who doesn't, he hasn't said a word about an official bid from either of them.

He thought he was going to join Bayern this year and he struck a deal with them in May so that's probably the reason why no other club has approached him. At this point it has become certain that Bayern won't buy him now and they may not even want him for their first team next year so given the chance he could probably re-consider.
This is almost similar to the Fabregas transfer. He wants to go to Bayern only so most other clubs aren't even putting in the effort to lure him away from Dortmund. Bayern wants him but obviously not this summer so both parties are probably just happy to just wait one more season until both are happy. They get a quality striker on a free and he's like a rat in a dustbin playing for them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will be sad when he goes to bayern. He's an absolutely outstanding striker and so crucial to how Dortmund play. He scores loads of goals and is an excellent all round footballer. Bayern will get much stronger with him in the side and Dortmund will struggle to get someone nearly as good.

amolbhatia50k

Would be interesting if Pep is really turning him down for free.
I'd love him here.
Guardiola is allegedly not too keen - he'd prefer more space for midfielders. :smirk:

Lewandowski is thought to be aware this cooling and is said to be want to move now, and Dortmund may be receptive to the idea of foreign buyers. Real Madrid are inevitably being mentioned
Would be great if this happened. Would further imbalance the strengths of bayern and dortmund's squads if he went to bayern.

Madrid should be going all out for him. He'd do brilliantly there,

Sarni

Booed by Polish fans yesterday while being taken off after 70 minutes, he asked for the substitution after a terrible performance. He definitely feels he's too good the national team so won't put in an effort, I really hope he gets permanently dropped from the national side because we frankly don't need players who look at everyone else from above. His performances for Poland have been awful for the best part of 2 years, I'm really not sure how good he's going to look outside his comfort zone at Dortmund when he leaves.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Booed by Polish fans yesterday while being taken off after 70 minutes, he asked for the substitution after a terrible performance. He definitely feels he's too good the national team so won't put in an effort, I really hope he gets permanently dropped from the national side because we frankly don't need players who look at everyone else from above. His performances for Poland have been awful for the best part of 2 years, I'm really not sure how good he's going to look outside his comfort zone at Dortmund when he leaves.
He sounds like an utter twat. If international football is such a hardship for him, maybe he should just retire.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Terrible attitude from him, even beyond embarrassing. I thought the bigger cnut was his agent but I'm not too sure anymore.

Bojan11

Didnt someone earlier in the thread say he didnt invite some of his Polish mates at Dortmund to his wedding.

amolbhatia50k

He sounds like an utter twat. If international football is such a hardship for him, maybe he should just retire.
I find strange though how he so clearly is determined to leave Dortmund next summer yet still performs at his normal level.

Sarni

Didnt someone earlier in the thread say he didnt invite some of his Polish mates at Dortmund to his wedding.
Yes. He isn't particularly liked by his Polish teammates at Dortmund, he keeps closer to German players there.

Maybe it's just me because I really dislike him as a person, he's the best footballer we've had since Boniek but his attitude really sickens me. He then went on to blame other players for him not scoring by saying they don't create enough chances and he needs them to score. Somehow three other players managed to score.

Sarni

He got a new contract at Dortmund. It's not an extension, the deal still ends in 2014 and he'll go to Bayern then according to his agent (because he's much too big for Dortmund at this point and needs to leave to develop) but Dortmund have raised his salary from €1.5m to around €5m for the final year as a reward for his performances.

That's class by Dortmund to be fair. They know he's a massive cnut who doesn't want to be there and thinks they are too small for him, and will also go to their main title rivals next season, yet they still do this.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
There were some rumours about a potential Mandzukic - Lewandowski swap for this summer's window but were quickly put to rest by Rummenigge. Would have been a great deal for Dortmund, although Mandzukic's link-up play is nowhere near Lewandowski's.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Well Dortmund are certainly not doing this solely out of the goodness of their hearts. A good season from them, and Lewandowski, coupled with Bayern's (more specifically, Guardiola's) weakening desire for him may just convince him to stay, particularly given this gesture of goodwill.

If Dortmund win some honours this season and manage to hold on to Gundogan and Reus etc., as well as strengthening other areas of the squad, Lewandowski may well stay there yet. Stranger things have happened.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
He got a new contract at Dortmund. It's not an extension, the deal still ends in 2014 and he'll go to Bayern then according to his agent (because he's much too big for Dortmund at this point and needs to leave to develop) but Dortmund have raised his salary from €1.5m to around €5m for the final year as a reward for his performances.

That's class by Dortmund to be fair. They know he's a massive cnut who doesn't want to be there and thinks they are too small for him, and will also go to their main title rivals next season, yet they still do this.

That makes no sense from Dortmund.

Sarni

Well Dortmund are certainly not doing this solely out of the goodness of their hearts. A good season from them, and Lewandowski, coupled with Bayern's (more specifically, Guardiola's) weakening desire for him may just convince him to stay, particularly given this gesture of goodwill.

If Dortmund win some honours this season and manage to hold on to Gundogan and Reus etc., as well as strengthening other areas of the squad, Lewandowski may well stay there yet. Stranger things have happened.
I doubt he'll stay. His agent won't allow him to, going somewhere on a free will be too good an opportunity to cash in for them.

i think though that he may not move to Bayern after all, I can picture his agent requiring air time on national TV next Summer to speak about his possible destinations for three weeks after his deal at Dortmund expires. They'll make a massive show out of all of this.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I think it's quite pragmatic. At least he won't sulk, and could help them to the Bundesliga title.

Status
Not open for further replies.