Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

I agree with this. Dortmund could have sold him to a foreign team this summer though, which would have gotten them money on their investment and prevented them from strengthening a domestic rival, again. Gundogan has a year left on his contract after this summer. Not suggesting that he wants to join Bayern but it'll be interesting to see if Dortmund approach the running down the contract situation differently.
And I'm glad they didn't.

Imagine him at Chelsea or Arsenal. I'd rather he fecks off to Bayern then join any of our league rivals. Also to be fair, if Gotze didn't leave for Bayern then I think they would have sold him. But obviously Dortmund were pissed and refused to deal with Bayern.

Also we don't know anyway if Dortmund did try to sell him abroad and he refused to go.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I agree with this. Dortmund could have sold him to a foreign team this summer though, which would have gotten them money on their investment and prevented them from strengthening a domestic rival, again. Gundogan has a year left on his contract after this summer. Not suggesting that he wants to join Bayern but it'll be interesting to see if Dortmund approach the running down the contract situation differently.
Sorry, but the rivalry between Bayern and BVB is nowhere near the rivalry between United and City, or BVB and Schalke, or Bayern and 1860. And it isn't as if Lewa was a homegrown talent deeply attached to BVB either. Lewa to Bayern would be nothing else than van Persie to United.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
And I'm glad they didn't.

Imagine him at Chelsea or Arsenal. I'd rather he fecks off to Bayern then join any of our league rivals. Also to be fair, if Gotze didn't leave for Bayern then I think they would have sold him. But obviously Dortmund were pissed and refused to deal with Bayern.

Also we don't know anyway if Dortmund did try to sell him abroad and he refused to go.
No we actually know exactly that. There are several direct quotes by Dortmund officials (like from their head of football Michael Zorc in June 2013) stating Lewandowski´s wish to join Bayern Munich and nobody else.

Several (highly rated) journalists with close bonds to Dortmund like Röckenhaus ("SSZ") and Hennicke ("kicker") wrote about that topic and were on the same page about that.

If Lewandowski would be willing to go abroad he would be gone already. Everything else would be against everything the Dortmund officials stood for in the last 5 years.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Rumours are he's having his medical today and will then sign for Bayern to move in the summer. Basically the same as Goetze last year.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Dortmund will drop down soon - their talent pool is quickly depleting courtesy of Bayern Munchen.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Signing a five year contract according to bild.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
So does he move in this window or is it a deal to wait until the summer? They aren't exactly in trouble in the Bundesliga being 7 points ahead, and they wont be able to use him in the CL? Makes more sense if they do leave it

Jaap

Currently undergoing a medical ahead of his move in the summer.

Likely replacements: Diego Costa, Jackson Martinez, Kevin Volland.

MoneyMay

Bayern Munich did the same to Bayer Leverkusen, no? They signed Lucio, Ze Roberto, and Ballack.

Lewandowski is going to receive €11 million-a-year. I think this means Mandzukic is going to leave, unless he's satisfied with being on the bench. I think it's become apparent that he's not the ideal fit for Guardiola's system. Both are similar strikers, but Lewandowski's skill set is superior IMO. Mandzukic isn't as comfortable with the ball at his feet and has inferior hold-up/link-up play, but I do think he possesses better pressing/tactical awareness, though Lewandowski is no stranger to this.

Revan

Assumptionman
Bayern are seriously good at transfers. With him they'll become even better, and I think that they can surprass even Pep's Barca.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Bundesliga returning to a one horse league.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Awful for Dortmund and for the league as a whole.

For Bayern its just the perfect transfer, I rate Mandzukic but Lewandowski is a clear level above. Bayern are becoming a near perfect team.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Rumours are he's having his medical today and will then sign for Bayern to move in the summer. Basically the same as Goetze last year.

Why would they need to do a medical now, if he signs in the summer?

Also, there's something very wrong about Bayern taking two best players from their biggest domestic rival.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why would they need to do a medical now, if he signs in the summer?
Because he's signing a contract now and he would be stupid to sign a contract, which won't be valid in the summer, if he gets injured? It's a small risk for Bayern though for a free transfer.

All the doom and gloom talk about Dortmund is really funny, Lewandowski wanted to leave for 2 years now, it's not really something new and despite loosing one of their best players for 3 consecutive years and a crazy injury crisis (including Gündogan not being available for all CL games), they still topped their CL group ahead of the team that sits top of the table in England, it can't be all that bad.

Looking at it from a Bayern point of view I'd have signed Rooney in the summer, him playing upfront in that system would make them totally unstoppable.
I would have loved to sign Rooney, would happily take him over Lewandowski :(. But most likely we couldn't afford him last summer, huge transfer sum and crazy wages (pretty sure he's on way more than Lewandowski will earn next year for us?) and we already spend a lot on Götze and Thiago. And I'm not sure if Rooney wanted to go abroad, especially to Germany, it's not like he ever said anything nice about German football :lol:.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I thought Dortmund knew Lewandowski was eventually going to leave (his agent is a cnut and pretty much said he would leave for a 'bigger' club). It was only because the Gotze transfer came completely out of left field that they had to hold on to Lewandowski so that they didn't lose 2 star players in the same season.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Taking the two of the three best attacking players from your rivals two seasons in a row. Insane.

Can't imagine any other big league where that would happen without some sort of match-fixing scandal based relegation or huge debt forcing it.

Jaap

It's not like Lewandowski was scoring left, right, centre in the last couple of weeks despite being top scorer. Dortmund will find a suitable replacement & have a chance to change their tactics, IMO.

Red Stone

I can't stand what Bayern are doing. Every non-Bayern-supporting German must absolutely hate them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
From Bayern's POV it's a potentially great signing and tough luck for Dortmund. We (Utd fans) would love to be able to sign great players like that, this weird sympathy for Dortmund is funny to me.

ricardinho

A Shame a damn shame.

For the bundesliga and for its fans.

Bayern doesn even need him right now.

They are so far ahead of the rest in the league as it is.

And if im not mistaken they cant use him in the Champions League.

Greedy feckers everytime theres a standout player in the bundesliga they have to get him.

Blackwidow

I can't stand what Bayern are doing. Every non-Bayern-supporting German must absolutely hate them.
Because of what - getting Götze and Lewandowski? Why?

Maybe the Dortmund hipsters have not seen that even with Götze and Lewandowski the gap between Dortmund and Bayern was and is very big. Without the gap to Bayern might not get smaller but that between Dortmund and the other 16. Even if I still do not know what Bayern should have done wrong, let Götze and Lewandowski go to one of the other big clubs outside of Germany as they would not have stayed? Being able to compete in Europe against this clubs is very important for Bayern, too. They do not need players like Götze or Lewa to compete in Germany...

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
United do the same to Tottenham? I don't see the issue here. Bayern are the club in Germany. Dortmund have been great under Klopp but it's no guarantee it'll continue when he leaves.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lewa was going to leave anyway, so I don't think what is the harm on this. If Bayern wouldn't have signed him, likely someone else (Chelsea, Madrid etc) would have signed him, and Bayern would have found another striker.

Jaap

A Shame a damn shame.

For the bundesliga and for its fans.

Bayern doesn even need him right now.

They are so far ahead of the rest in the league as it is.

And if im not mistaken they cant use him in the Champions League.

Greedy feckers everytime theres a standout player in the bundesliga they have to get him.
1. I, personally, think it's great that the Bundesliga will keep one of their best players. Lewandowski could have easily signed for Madrid or Chelsea but instead we will get to see him week in and out.

2. Lewandowski will move in July and will be a Dortmund player until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.