Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Robert Lewandowski’s agent has revealed that the Bayern Munich striker has held talks with Real Madrid and could be interested in leaving the German champions this summer.

The Poland international, who scored 30 league goals as Bayern claimed their fourth successive Bundesliga title, has been the subject of transfer speculation since failing to agree an extension to his contract in April. That is due to expire in 2019 and now his agent, Cezary Kucharski, has confirmed the Champions League finalists have made contact to discuss a potential move.

“Real Madrid contacted us a few weeks ago, we listened to everything they said. It’s a big and exciting club,” Kucharski told the German news magazine Spiegel. “We have informed FC Bayern that we’ve held talks with Madrid.”

Lewandowski, who is preparing for Poland’s friendly games next week against Holland and Lithuania, added: “Contracts are not a holy relic in football. You can like this attitude or not but it’s the truth. Sometimes you have to think about if it is meaningful to try out a new impulse.”

But with three years remaining on his current deal, any offer to prise Lewandowski away from Bayern will probably have to be in excess of £50m, with reports in Germany suggesting that Real could propose a six-year-contract worth up to €25m (£19m) a year.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/27/bayern-munich-robert-lewandowski-real-madrid-talks

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's turned out to be quite the mercenary, hasn't he?

Then again, I suppose playing in La Liga is a huge deal now with it being the best league around. Taking on Barca and trying to topple them is a bigger feat than continuing to trump Dortmund.

InfiniteBoredom

Isn't it illegal to contact another club when you are still under contract?

Anyway, probably means Benzema's out.

TwistedBlood

Knowing Bayern, just watch them swoop in and announce the signing of Zlatan while we are still drooling at his loaded smile in the press conference. :mad:

Varun

Staff
You have to admire how Lewa doesn't do the usual bullshit like other players and simply says it as it is.

Real want, Real get though so he'll be gone. Frees up Benzema :drool:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Real need a galactico signing every year, Lewa's agent has always been his way, he goes where the money goes. Either he wants more money out of munich or he will take him to madrid who will pay him more. Bayern wont be pushed into transfer though. Interesting if this develops or do they bend to his agent and give him more money.
I would love it if he goes to madrid, bayern take lukaku(recently linked) and we take away Benzema.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gazzump the bastards. Dream signing.

amolbhatia50k

I will take that too.
Only issues I have with Benzima are the off-field problems, and how he will take to playing at a much lower level than Madrid's attack. ADM didn't take it well at all. Ibra's mentality seems a better fit for me. He comes across as one of those characters that inspire whereas I wonder if Benzema might sulk. Purely as a footballer, Benzema is great. Pace, skill, goals, strength, he's got it all to be a fine PL striker.

NK86

Only issues I have with Benzima are the off-field problems, and how he will take to playing at a much lower level than Madrid's attack. ADM didn't take it well at all. Ibra's mentality seems a better fit for me. He comes across as one of those characters that inspire whereas I wonder if Benzema might sulk. Purely as a footballer, Benzema is great. Pace, skill, goals, strength, he's got it all to be a fine PL striker.
I have not seen Benzema sulk at all, even when he was reportedly not comfortable in Madrid or when he was shunted to the left. His other off-field antics, well that is a different case but if Giggs can get away with worse and not let it affect his performances then I am sure Benzema will have any issues either.

Zlatan would be an amzing choice simply because he won't block Rashford's progress as he will be here for a year or 2 max. In case Zlatan does not materialize, Benzema would be an amazing alternative to have. He still is one of the best strikers out there.

amolbhatia50k

Seriously though, we had our debt to worry about (due to owners), Chelsea are trying to be more prudent, Bayern usually (barring Sanches) tend to be clever in the transfer market and Barca I've heard do have some financial constraints. I never hear any such thing with Real Madrid. They're always loaded with finances never being an issue.

amolbhatia50k

I have not seen Benzema sulk at all, even when he was reportedly not comfortable in Madrid or when he was shunted to the left. His other off-field antics, well that is a different case but if Giggs can get away with worse and not let it affect his performances then I am sure Benzema will have any issues either.

Zlatan would be an amzing choice simply because he won't block Rashford's progress as he will be here for a year or 2 max. In case Zlatan does not materialize, Benzema would be an amazing alternative to have. He still is one of the best strikers out there.
Oh I thinking Benzema is a cracking player. But attitude is not an easy thing to predict. Di Maria at Real looked like a player with a terrific mentality. He'd chase down lost causes, keep chipping away at opponents, always be buzzing and full of energy etc. yet when he came to a club that wasn't his first choice, he faced real issues and some of them definitely were mental. It's a big drop in quality if we're being honest to go from playing alonside Bale, Ronaldo, Modric etc. where you win most weeks and often thump teams, to a team that is a work in progress, and often in 3rd-5th positions.

But yeah, for Real, his attitude can't be faulted. Puts in a lot of miles for Ronaldo as well.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Negotiate with Bayern is very difficult.They simply will refuse to start the talks with Madrid.The player would have to revolt and honestly I don't see him doing that.Besides if I am not wrong he renewed a couple of months ago. After this summer the club will be a summer without signing players.It would be too risky to sell Karim keeping only one top striker.

Red Stone

Just push Zlatan's button while this lot are faffing about with all this and announce him. I'd rather we get Zlatan than Benzema. I don't rate Benzema and he seems a bit of a knob too. The bad kind of knob.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Zlatan to Bayern then :(
Nah, mate. No worries. He's coming here. Jose will be sure to remind him that at OT, he'd be beloved instantly and would be received as the alpha male-type, newly arrived savior a la King Eric (with the part of Fergie now being played by the Special One, of course)--whereas in Madrid, he'd have to be dealing with Ronaldo throwing his toys out of the pram each time he feels he's not getting sufficient attention and appreciation, which needless to say would be often. For crap's sake, Ronaldo can't even deal with the presence of the mild-mannered Bale. Can you imagine what Zlatan would do to that dressing room?

I'm sure Jose will point all those things out--and more--to lure him our way. This is Mourinho, after all. The man will stop at nothing to get what he wants, as we saw with the Machiavellian way he got this gig in the first place!

Reactions: KM

Bestie07

In the market as it is it should probably be a world record fee.
Yeah, this will need to topple the Bale/Ronaldo fees for it to happen. Kind of goes against Real Madrid's recent model of investing heavily in players just about to hit their peaks (Bale, Ronaldo, James, Benzema, Ozil). Lewandowski will be 28 when the new season starts and right in his peak.

prath92

I'll be happy if Madrid s lust finishes with lewandowski and leaves DDG

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's turned out to be quite the mercenary, hasn't he?

Then again, I suppose playing in La Liga is a huge deal now with it being the best league around. Taking on Barca and trying to topple them is a bigger feat than continuing to trump Dortmund.
Imo he always was a mercenary. But an honest one, who still seems to give everything on the pitch.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Negotiate with Bayern is very difficult.
Don´t forget Ronaldo.

No, No, Christiano. It was not €150M, just €93.9M plus Morata on a free transfer. You still the biggest transfer in football history.

Bojan11

I don't think Bayern will go for Zlatan. They won't pay that much to someone his age and I think they got the perfect striker at the club to replace him in Muller. This might be good news for Gotze though.

They will sign a striker. But I'm guessing they'd go for someone younger.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
Negotiate with Bayern is very difficult.They simply will refuse to start the talks with Madrid.The player would have to revolt and honestly I don't see him doing that.Besides if I am not wrong he renewed a couple of months ago. After this summer the club will be a summer without signing players.It would be too risky to sell Karim keeping only one top striker.
No, he didn't. He still under contract until 2019 though, and if Bayern doesn't want to let him go we won't.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Bayern would be far more likely to go after Lukaku than Zlatan.
True. That´s another good name. Maybe they should consider it. 150 for Lewandowki, 25 for Goetze. 75 for James, 65 for Lukaku, 50 for Morata. Think they´d have significantly upgraded their squad for €15M.

KM

You'll not get 150m Euros for Lewandowski.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
No, he didn't. He still under contract until 2019 though, and if Bayern doesn't want to let him go we won't.
Ah ok thanks.Yes,I agree,Bayern will refuse and Madrid will waste time,besides he is not so young to pay 100/120m€.I would prefer Dybala

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
True. That´s another good name. Maybe they should consider it. 150 for Lewandowki, 25 for Goetze. 75 for James, 65 for Lukaku, 50 for Morata. Think they´d have significantly upgraded their squad for €15M.
There's no way they'd sign James for that much either. They actually have a transfer strategy as opposed to ourselves who just piss about blindly going from target A to B hoping someone will eventually accept.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think this is just trying to secure Lewa a better contract rather than actually wanting a transfer to Real. Lewa wanted to stay in Germany when he decided to leave Dortmund.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern would be far more likely to go after Lukaku than Zlatan.
We could buy Gomez back for significantly less and he's as good as Lukaku, if not better. I go mental if we buy Lukaku for a huge fee, he's such a limited forward who can't even do well for his nationalteam. And even though he's relatively young, he has played so much senior level football that I doubt that he'll improve much. Development usually depends on the time players play at the top level, rather than age. A late bloomer might improve into his mid to late 20's, someone who started playing regularly at senior level with 16/17 rarely does. In my opinion Lukaku is much more likely to look like Bony at City once he moves to a top club than actually turn out to be an elite level player.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It was Kucharski who held the talks, not Lewy. Sure, Kucharski is saying 'we' but it in the context it is him who was listening to their offer so there's nothing weird in it really. I wouldn't be surprised if Robert simply wants to get a better contract at Bayern.

And I wouldn't be surprised either if Kucharski is doing his utmost to whore him out to RM.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We really wouldn't have upgraded anything. James might be an interesting player if he fits into the starting XI without pushing anyone important out of it and if he's 100% commited to the team. Neither is a given though and neither Lukaku nor Morata are good enough to start for us.

It also ignores that we don't need to make money through player sales to spend big on players. If there's a player out there who's willing to join us and will significantly improve the squad/team, we can afford him (unless it's Messi/Neymar of course).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We could buy Gomez back for significantly less and he's as good as Lukaku, if not better. I go mental if we buy Lukaku for a huge fee, he's such a limited forward who can't even do well for his nationalteam. And even though he's relatively young, he has played so much senior level football that I doubt that he'll improve much. Development usually depends on the time players play at the top level, rather than age. A late bloomer might improve into his mid to late 20's, someone who started playing regularly at senior level with 16/17 rarely does. In my opinion Lukaku is much more likely to look like Bony at City once he moves to a top club than actually turn out to be an elite level player.
I just meant you aren't going to give a 35 year old past his peak and in physical decline 300k+ a week. Only us, American clubs and Chinese clubs are desperate and moronic enough to do that.

On Lukaku, he'd score a lot of goals for you in the Bundesliga. Whether he's good enough to lead the line for a side competing for the CL is doubtful though.

KM

I just meant you aren't going to give a 35 year old past his peak and in physical decline 300k+ a week. Only us, American clubs and Chinese clubs are desperate and moronic enough to do that.

On Lukaku, he'd score a lot of goals for you in the Bundesliga. Whether he's good enough to lead the line for a side competing for the CL is doubtful though.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.