Roberto Firmino | Liverpool player

El-Manos

I like the way every Liverpool fan on Facebook are all massive closet Hoffenheim fans, as they all seem certain he's a "quality player".

finneh

I was thinking that - a bit like the old Xmas tree formation that seems to have fallen out of favour
--------------------------Sturridge-------------------------
----------------Couthino------------Firminho--------------
-----------Henderson------Can------------Millner---------
Moreno-----------Lovren---------Skirtle------------Manqillo?
--------------------------Mignolet--------------------------

That assumes stirling goes and I think the ones in bold could well be replaced by the end of the transfer window as well

good strength in the squad and some players with a lot of potential, Ings, Sinclair, Origi, Markovich, Ibe, and if he ever gets better flanagan but as it stands I think they will need couthino to carry on his form, sturridge to remain injury free most of the season and Firminho to have a massive impact to even mount a realistic challenge for a CL spot
I think Ibe will play a bigger part in their season than you think. I think they'll end up with a similar formation to what we ended the season with. Firmino will play the Mata role and come inside from out wide regularly, Ibe will play the Young role and stick out wide more often. Sturridge/Ings will be up front, whilst Henderson/Milner will play the Fellaini/Herrera role and Can will play the Carrick role.

I still think they are a midfielder, striker, right back, goalkeeper & central defender away from a truly solid squad. Can and Lucas aren't enough for the holding role - I'd be looking to upgrade the latter. Relying on Ings all season if/when Sturridge is injured would be a gamble at best (and Origi needs a PL loan in my opinion). Relying on four central defenders when one is a liability and the other is 34 is another gamble. Someone like Clyne would be perfect as a big upgrade on Johnson. They might get away with Mignolet, but if he goes through another bad spell It'll cost them.

If I were a Liverpool fan I'd still be looking for a few quality signings like Clyne, Moutinho and Bacca; as well as someone like Alderweireld. Their biggest problem however is going to be getting Borini, Balotelli, Lambert, Lucas, Coates, Enrique, Alberto etc off the wage bill to accommodate more new signings.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Firmino Sturridge
Lallana Ings

Moreno Coutinho Allen Henderson Clyne
Enrique Kovacic Lucas Milner Flanagan

Sakho Skrtel Can
Lovren Toure Iliori

Mignolet​

saivet

Is this guy a Thomas Muller esque player in that he has no real position?

izec

Decent player, but inconsistent. He can score a hattrick one week, then doing the next 3 games nothing. Good signing for Liverpool, but we need more quality. I wouldnt know where he would start for us, maybe on the right for Mata or as a striker at times.

That said, 30m is a bit too much. But if he proves himself and takes the next step, they wont look back.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
truth is 90% of people have no idea about this guy and are now all of a sudden experts based on some youtube clips and a few articles written here and there.

Annahnomoss

Said last year that he had Liverpool written all over him. This is an incredible signing for them, the ideal one of all the realistic targets they could pursue. He offers a huge tactical flexibility for them as he can play in more or less all roles in the front. Sturridge, Firmino and Sterling is a top front trio and I can see it working very well.

Hopefully for us he has some issues with changing league and adapting to his new team.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Metro's gone bonkers over Firmino:

From Football365:

It's Our Year
It's fair to say that the Metro website have got a tad carried away with Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino.

Exhibit One: 'Liverpool's first XI for next season if they pull off their expected transfers looks absolutely incredible' screams the headline. 'Incredible'? The accompanying graphic shows Adam Lallana on the right, Daniel Sturridge up front (he started seven PL games last season) and a centre-half partnership of Martin Skrtel and Mamadou Sakho. 'Incredible'? Really?

Apparently, Mateo Kovacic will 'add a ridiculous amount of sparkle to Liverpool's central midfield with his through-balls and magic dribbling'. Mediawatch cannot help wondering who is going to do all the magic tackling in this 'incredible' line-up. The excitable Will Giles hasn't even found room for James Milner.

'Ahead of him, Liverpool could create an absolutely heavenly attacking partnership between Brazil team-mates Philippe Coutinho and Firmino - admit it, those two together is actually the stuff of legend.'

'Admit it'? Must we? Aren't we allowed to watch them look pretty underwhelming for Brazil in the Copa America first?

Exhibit Two: '10 things Liverpool fans need to know about new signing Roberto Firmino'. These include...

* 'He has Gerrard-esque qualities' which 'basically just means Fimino AND Coutinho will be scoring screamers next season'. And that is guaranteed.

* 'He's one for the football hipsters' - based on a tweet from Jamie Carragher.

* 'He's a section of Brazilian hope'. Mediawatch has literally no idea what this means.

* 'He's a trouble causer' - because the Hoffenheim mascot was once sent off for celebrating his goal.

* 'He's a born finisher...The biggest and most obvious criticism of Raheem Sterling is his weaknesses in front of goal...something Roberto Firmino doesn not struggle with. Liverpool only managed to score 58 league goals last season, almost half of what they achieved the season before. With this fella, all that could be about to change.'

Firmino's shot conversion rate from last season? 7.4%. He scored seven Bundesliga goals from 94 attempts; Sterling scored the same number from 84 shots. For a 'born finisher', he sure misses a lot.

But let's put that statistical nonsense aside and 'admit' that Liverpool are probably about to win the Premier League.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Said last year that he had Liverpool written all over him. This is an incredible signing for them, the ideal one of all the realistic targets they could pursue. He offers a huge tactical flexibility for them as he can play in more or less all roles in the front. Sturridge, Firmino and Sterling is a top front trio and I can see it working very well.

Hopefully for us he has some issues with changing league and adapting to his new team.
How do they line up if Sterling leaves?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
What pleases me most is that this might help us keep Coutinho in the long run. If his national teammates are here and happy, then fingers crossed he can continue to enjoy his time here.

Devil may care

Good singing, we could have done with him as he offers a proper #10 and can cover other attacking roles including striker.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Good player or not, not too disappointed at not buying him. Another Latin player, he'll just wanna feck off to Madrid if he becomes halfway decent for us, ala De Gea. :mad:

misterredmist

Interesting signing , may be a bit of a gamble but the guy has some pedigree and may be lots of potential....... fair play to the "mickeys"

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Good signing for them considering Coutinho might do a Sterling next summer. One more season like that from him and I think there might be a lot of clubs interested.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There was no Champions League experience for him in TSG Hoffenheim and the same thing is waiting in Liverpool. Thought he'll be more ambitious than that but it's a positive signing anyway. He'll cover many positions in case of injuries but he will get into their first eleven without bigger competition already and have a chance to make some impact.

justboy68

Think he could be a pretty good buy for Liverpool. I'm surprised the fee is so high though, I thought the rumours flying around were much lower?

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
great signing for pool imho, though it feels a bit over-priced. give the lad some time to adjust and he'll come great. but i was already raving about him in the respective transfer thread, so...

cyberman

Firminho is a bit too slow for me.
That Liverpool line up has a chronic lack of pace. They've completely deviated from their style of play a few years ago

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Something like:

--------------------------Sturridge--------------------------
---------------Couthino------------Firminho----------------
-------------Henderson--------------Millner----------------
------------------------Illarramendi-------------------------
Moreno-----------Sakho---------Skirtle------------Clyne--
--------------------------Mignolet---------------------------

Wouldn't be the worst of teams, lot of guile and craft in that front six.

An imaginary Liverpool starting XI, I feel disgusting.
Illarramendi has only had 1 real quality season that was a few season ago. He's done absolutely nothing since he joined Real Madrid, no thanks.

Would much rather play Can.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Young, many english, pace... I hate it. Atleast they dont have class of 92 and Atleast they are not english. They are feckin scouse. But I am worried they might get it together like they almost did in 2009 and last year /:-)

R'hllor

Never ever watched a guy,so i wont judge about his qualities vs his price tag.