Roberto Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oo0AahCantona

If we are looking for a more central based player, either in midfield or behind rooney, i really wish we would take a look at barkley.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If we are looking for a more central based player, either in midfield or behind rooney, i really wish we would take a look at barkley.
His standard has dropped this season. Maybe it's due to the injuries (I'm assuming he's been injured a lot because I've heard absolutely nothing about this season really).

Doesn't seem ready for the jump yet, maybe suffering from second season syndrome.

Walters_19_MuFc

Apart from the goal, I thought he was poor when he come on. Misplaced easy passes, heavy touch and poor decision making. Took his goal well, though.

Acole9

Outstanding
If he had missed the goal after looking away I don't think Dunga would've been too forgiving.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Apart from the goal, I thought he was poor when he come on. Misplaced easy passes, heavy touch and poor decision making. Took his goal well, though.
I didn't think he was poor but didn't look up to speed with the game, which is forgivable as a sub. His workrate was good though and tracked back, winning the ball quite a few times.

I said that he'd be my choice as a striker for the summer and he's now playing there for Brazil. I think he'd be well suited to this role for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
According to Paulo Freitas Brazilian journo we are the favourites to sign this lad, would he play as a 10 for us?

Annahnomoss

According to Paulo Freitas Brazilian journo we are the favourites to sign this lad, would he play as a 10 for us?
Really doubt it. He's one of the most direct players you can imagine so he doesn't fit LVG's schemes very much. I would love to see him at United but LVG's style is the complete opposite pretty much.

Whatever happens I hope he doesn't go to Liverpool, they'd suddenly look great with Sturridge-Firmino and Sterling behind them. He'd be great for Dortmund too.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
You'd assume we'd be getting rid of Falcao (not signing him permanently I mean) and Van Persie perhaps if we are to sign a player like him?

Sam

Wasn't that impressed tbh. Great touch for the goal, but that was about it.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Some months ago we were reported scouting de Bruyne. Now rumour has it we are keeping an eye on Firmino. If this information is correct it seem evident that we want an AMC. Probably a powerful player with a work-rate considering LvGs "philosophy".

De Bruyne will probably be overpriced, while Firmino will be more of a gamble in my opinion.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Some months ago we were reported scouting de Bruyne. Now rumour has it we are keeping an eye on Firmino. If this information is correct it seem evident that we want an AMC. Probably a powerful player with a work-rate considering LvGs "philosophy".

De Bruyne will probably be overpriced, while Firmino will be more of a gamble in my opinion.
It doesnt make sense to go from one to the other. They are different players who have little in common.

bucky

Whoever will get him, will have a qualitiy player on their hands. He wouldn't be a gamble, he's playing consistently well for Hoffenheim for seasons now.

Devil may care

He took his goal well today and I thought he added some spark and energy to Brazil despite losing the ball a couple of times. I can't see us buying him to play in the midfield 3 though, more likely as part of the front 3.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
If you are going to basing yourself from that friendly, you guys should bid for Robinho :smirk:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Think someone to replace fellaini from the starting 11 in the 4-3-3 basically. Someone who can help out a lot in midfield, can handle himself physically but also is good going forward and can score goals. Fellaini has done well but it's his position and a winger that needs upgrading in our forward line and midfield. Hes a good player, but just not a starter for a team who wants to challenge for the champions league. IMO at least.

Devil may care

Think someone to replace fellaini from the starting 11 in the 4-3-3 basically. Someone who can help out a lot in midfield, can handle himself physically but also is good going forward and can score goals. Fellaini has done well but it's his position and a winger that needs upgrading in our forward line and midfield. Hes a good player, but just not a starter for a team who wants to challenge for the champions league. IMO at least.
I agree but I'm not sure De Bruyne or Firmino could play that role with Herrera and Carrick as the other 2 in the midfield 3.

Devil may care

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ow-90-on-after-man-united-rep-talks-to-agents

Bild say transfer now 90% on after Man United rep talks to agents

German newspaper Bild have published on Monday a feature regarding possible transfer this summer at Bundesliga clubs. They've picked a set of what they think are the most likely and in some cases the most ridiculous transfers which are being rumoured at the moment. There are no punches pulled and Bild scoff at the idea, started by the British media, that Burnley's Danny Ings could be set to move the Bundesliga - putting the chance of that at just 5%.

On the subject of Firmino completing a transfer away from Hoffenheim during the summer transfer window, Bild are much more positive. The German newspaper think a deal is 90% on and say Firmino has got a promise from his club that he can leave when the next window opens. That's not a purely altruistic move by Hoffenheim, they want a good fee and the price appears to be going up with each report. Bild now claim Firmino could fetch as much as €30m, which is €10m higher than a couple of weeks ago. The Brazilian forward has seen his star rise during the international break.

Bild's claims of a very likely transfer come just after they got quite the scoop of Manchester United interest. It was nothing new to claim Manchester United were interested in Firmino but what Bild managed to get, and we covered, was a photograph of the Premier League club's top man in Germany with Firmino's agent. Manchester United's Peter Braund was a guest in the Hoffenheim box owned by Rogon, the company who represent Firmino, and was photographed with agent Paul Koutsoliakos

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I actually rate him a lot and even more so as a False #9. He's a fearless player and I like that alot, can beat a man with ease, quite a team orientated player too.

He reminds me of Suarez in terms of playing style, the way he casually takes the ball down with a freakishly great first touch and slots it in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It is a little strange seeing him fit into the team, but perhaps Van Gaal sees him as a better alternative to Falcao?. I must admit I haven't seen much of him but he seems athletic and confident. Goes against the "LVG hates Brazilians" though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Thought Liverpool would be the ones to go for him, really surprising if we do. Having said that, he's a player that likes to move forward with the ball and take shots on. Where we'd play him is a big question, #9 behind Rooney or throw him as a wide forward? Exciting though, he's the type of footballer I love watching.

izec

Another #10?
it seems inevitable. We were linked to De Bruyne, Felipe Anderson and now Firmino. I am sure i forgot some other players. They are all great offensive allrounders, so could play various roles.

Sam

He'll be a striker that is an all round good player. I think he'll interchange with Rooney, with Mata thrown into the mix too.
Ah, interesting. I always thought he was an attacking midfielder, who could play upfront and on the wing if needed. Didn't realise he was actually a proper striker. Do you reckon he could lead the line in a 4-3-3 (the formation I think LVG will use most next season) or would he have to play on the wing in that case?

it seems inevitable. We were linked to De Bruyne, Felipe Anderson and now Firmino. I am sure i forgot some other players. They are all great offensive allrounders, so could play various roles.
Yeah, it does look like that. A find it a bit strange tbh, 4-3-3 has always been LVG's go to formation, and it looks like thats what he's aiming for with us, which kind to negates the need for a proper #10.

With that formation, what we really need is a couple of proper wingers (Deepay + 1 I'd imagine?) Maybe it'll be Deepay and Firmino.

pocco

loco
Ah, interesting. I always thought he was an attacking midfielder, who could play upfront and on the wing if needed. Didn't realise he was actually a proper striker. Do you reckon he could lead the line in a 4-3-3 (the formation I think LVG will use most next season) or would he have to play on the wing in that case?

Yeah, it does look like that. A find it a bit strange tbh, 4-3-3 has always been LVG's go to formation, and it looks like thats what he's aiming for with us, which kind to negates the need for a proper #10.

With that formation, what we really need is a couple of proper wingers (Deepay + 1 I'd imagine?) Maybe it'll be Deepay and Firmino.
No he's primarily played deeper as a #10 or wide but I've felt for a while that he would make a great striker. I heard someone say that great strikers are hard to come by nowadays because the best ones are good footballers and therefore see themselves playing deeper and getting more touches of the ball. I see that with Firminho.

He's got the lot really and, most importantly, is a goalscorer. Since Saha we've lacked that foil up front for other great attackers that we've had, a team player with the individual skill to go it alone.

Interestingly, Brazil's coach sees the same thing it seems. I've made the comparison to Suarez before, as has somebody else above. I think he's potentially a similar striker.

Sam

No he's primarily played deeper as a #10 or wide but I've felt for a while that he would make a great striker. I heard someone say that great strikers are hard to come by nowadays because the best ones are good footballers and therefore see themselves playing deeper and getting more touches of the ball. I see that with Firminho.

He's got the lot really and, most importantly, is a goalscorer. Since Saha we've lacked that foil up front for other great attackers that we've had, a team player with the individual skill to go it alone.

Interestingly, Brazil's coach sees the same thing it seems. I've made the comparison to Suarez before, as has somebody else above. I think he's potentially a similar striker.
Sounds very very promising. A player that can play both wide and up top, solves two problems in one! It also means he'd get game time when Rooney is playing up top. What would you he's like in comparison to the likes of Dyabla and Lazacrette, who seem to be the most 'hyped' up and coming strikers?

pocco

loco
Sounds very very promising. A player that can play both wide and up top, solves two problems in one! It also means he'd get game time when Rooney is playing up top. What would you he's like in comparison to the likes of Dyabla and Lazacrette, who seem to be the most 'hyped' up and coming strikers?
I've not seen much of the other two in all honesty. Firminho is a bit more skillful and is a great goalscorer/scorer of great goals.

Dybala, I'm a bit sceptical on. Small, nippy and skillful but I'm not sure he'd be as good as Aguero, who he gets likened to. could be wrong though, as I haven't seen much. I think Lacazette would be better. He's more about pace, power and strength, whilst being a tidy player. Got a Ronaldoesque shot on him too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more before I pass judgment on those two. Firminho caught my eye last season though and I've seen enough to make me confident he's a legit talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.