Roberto Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I've not seen much of the other two in all honesty. Firminho is a bit more skillful and is a great goalscorer/scorer of great goals.

Dybala, I'm a bit sceptical on. Small, nippy and skillful but I'm not sure he'd be as good as Aguero, who he gets likened to. could be wrong though, as I haven't seen much. I think Lacazette would be better. He's more about pace, power and strength, whilst being a tidy player. Got a Ronaldoesque shot on him too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more before I pass judgment on those two. Firminho caught my eye last season though and I've seen enough to make me confident he's a legit talent.
Cheers for the info @pocco. All sounds very promising.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Firmino (without H) rarely played as central forward. Just because he did this for Brazil doesnt mean that this is really a good option. Brazil is missing quality CFs so I guess Dunga is testing stuff. He never played in this role for Hoffenheim. He is similar to Mata, just slightly more energetic. He is a player for the last 1/3; a mobile second striker who prefers to play central but can also start wide. In 13/14 his stats are fairly inflated, because Hoffenheim played crazy gung-ho. He also wouldnt be cheap, he hasnt done anything on the highest level and he still has to prove that he is more than a luxury player.
It would be moronic to buy him with Mata and DiMaria in the squad.

Devil may care

If the Firmino and Memphis deals are a go it looks to me like LvG wants to flank Rooney in the front 3 with quick, energetic forwards that can dribble, drift from wide, interchange positions and pose a genuine double digits goal threat.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Firmino (without H) rarely played as central forward. Just because he did this for Brazil doesnt mean that this is really a good option. Brazil is missing quality CFs so I guess Dunga is testing stuff. He never played in this role for Hoffenheim. He is similar to Mata, just slightly more energetic. He is a player for the last 1/3; a mobile second striker who prefers to play central but can also start wide. In 13/14 his stats are fairly inflated, because Hoffenheim played crazy gung-ho. He also wouldnt be cheap, he hasnt done anything on the highest level and he still has to prove that he is more than a luxury player.
It would be moronic to buy him with Mata and DiMaria in the squad.
How is he like Mata? Bizarre comparison.

RetroStu

Apparently rumors are going around that we have agreed a £18.6m fee, i'm at my parents house at the minute and can't check anywhere.
Anything on Twitter?

Devil may care

He was good tonight against Dortmund given him and Volland were feeding off scraps, he took his goal well, showed tenacity and has good control and touch in tight spaces. Can't help wondering if he'd end up like Kagawa in the PL though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was good tonight against Dortmund given him and Volland were feeding off scraps, he took his goal well, showed tenacity and has good control and touch in tight spaces. Can't help wondering if he'd end up like Kagawa in the PL though.
A fair bit more explosive and has more fight in him, I think he would fit just fine. Kagawa was just too soft IMO, he was fine when not hassled but any type of pressure and he wilted.

Devil may care

A fair bit more explosive and has more fight in him, I think he would fit just fine. Kagawa was just too soft IMO, he was fine when not hassled but any type of pressure and he wilted.
He's certainly a more feisty character than Kagawa I agree, reminds me a bit of Suarez in that regard. I'm just not sure about him but then I feel that way about most of the options we are being linked with for this role, none of them convince me the way Sanchez at Udinese, Hazard at Lille or Isco at Malaga did when they were being talked up for a big move.

bucky

He's certainly a more feisty character than Kagawa I agree, reminds me a bit of Suarez in that regard. I'm just not sure about him but then I feel that way about most of the options we are being linked with for this role, none of them convince me the way Sanchez at Udinese, Hazard at Lille or Isco at Malaga did when they were being talked up for a big move.
Not sure, if he's going to reach a similar level, but he's been consistently good for Hoffenheim for 4 seasons now. I'm actually surprised that he's still there. Whoever is going to get him, will have a quality player at their hands. Kagawa was probably dependent on Dortmund's style of play before we signed him, whereas Firmino has been the difference and stand-out player for a much weaker Hoffenheim for years.

Devil may care

Not sure, if he's going to reach a similar level, but he's been consistently good for Hoffenheim for 4 seasons now. I'm actually surprised that he's still there. Whoever is going to get him, will have a quality player at their hands. Kagawa was probably dependent on Dortmund's style of play before we signed him, whereas Firmino has been the difference and stand-out player for a much weaker Hoffenheim for years.
Fair points, One thing I think he offers above some of the other options is that he looks comfortable right across the front 3, meaning he could drift from wide in games when Rooney is the #9, but if Rooney is out for any reason he can play as a false 9 and still do a good job, that's if he can find his footing in the PL.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why should Bayern buy him? Where would he play?
wow, i for one would say that firmino is probably the only "available" bundesliga player of such individual class and format as to genuinely add some vitalizing fresh blood - and even more magic and sparkles - to bayern's (so far only intended) rotation in the midfield/attacking department, which is partially aging and, oh wonder, prone to injuries - and it's already missing one more piece in the puzzle after shaqiri's winter departure - granted that the likes of marco reus or kevin de bruyne, as two similar stand-out midfielders in the league, will (hopefully) remain out of bayern's reach in 2015, as will a genuine winger type like atlético's antoine griezmann.
due to his set of skills, firmino could in fact rotate with (or: compete for) virtually every attacking(-mid) position (though he's not exactly used to play the wings the way he'd be required to at bayern), or even try his take on thiago's central, creative role if need be. were i a bayern worshipper, i'd especially wish to maybe ever see someone like firmino give mario götze a proper run for his money..

Last edited:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
wow, i for one would say that firmino is probably the only "available" bundesliga player of such individual class and format as to genuinely add some vitalizing fresh blood - and even more magic and sparkles - to bayern's (so far only intended) rotation in the midfield/attacking department, which is partially aging and, oh wonder, prone to injuries - and it's already missing one more piece in the puzzle after shaqiri's winter departure - granted that the likes of marco reus or kevin de bruyne, as two similar stand-out midfielders in the league, will (hopefully) remain out of bayern's reach in 2015, as will a genuine winger type like atlético's antoine griezmann.
due to his set of skills, firmino could in fact rotate with (or: compete for) virtually every attacking(-mid) position (though he's not exactly used to play the wings the way he'd be required to at bayern), or even try his take on thiago's central, creative role if need be. were i a bayern worshipper, i'd especially wish to maybe ever see someone like firmino give mario götze a proper run for his money..
He is a good player, but he doesnt have the quality to play for the current top3. At least not as a regular and he wont be happy to sit on the bench too often. Also if Bayern needs anything its an alternative to Robben/Ribery (=strong 1v1 dribbler) and Firmino isnt that kind of player. The very best he´d do is to give an out of form Götze (plays poor in 2015) a run for his money. Thanks but no thanks.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Brazilian journo from ESPN saying (two days ago) he's possibly having medical examinations done in regards to a move to Manchester United. The fee is apparently €18m. Could be something in this but could just as easily be bullshit.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Unless Van Gaal sees his future upfront, I can't see us signing another no.10.

He's been moaning for a year now that we have too many 10s.

stu_1992

FirminON? Doesn't seem like the best source and I doubt it's actually happening. I question why we would need someone in this position too.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I actually thought the other day he would be the perfect signing for LvG if he plans to use his 4-3-3 "point forward", we have also been linked quite alot to him this year.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would be a LW/RW/#10/#9 option. Pretty direct but pretty versatile player that LvG seems to require from his players.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
After the utter crap Brazil served up last summer are we still excited by the potential of signing one? For me its a yes........there is just something intangible and exciting about them :)

PvsNP

After the utter crap Brazil served up last summer are we still excited by the potential of signing one? For me its a yes........there is just something intangible and exciting about them :)
He wasn't in the squad last summer, so there's that.

bucky

Would be a bargain for that fee, he's fantastic player. Probably our best option with Lacazette and Martial as far as forwards go and he's mostly not even playing there.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So random journalists started a transfer rumour the day after he signed a new contract? that's not even surprising really, which sums it up. Silly season and all that.
So random Caf posters dismiss a transfer rumour without even reading the article properly? That's not even surprising really, which sums it up. Silly season and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.