Roberto Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hmm.. If he's a 10/LW/ST where would he play? We've got too many 10's already, just bought a LW so that only leaves the striker position. Does he have potential to play as a real #9?
Squad's depth, Memphis... think high quality squad's depth.

He's a bit too creative to play #9 role to be honest. We'll find someone there.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals

I don't mind squad depth, but I would find it weird to buy a 6th winger/5th 10 who isn't really suited to play as striker which we DO need. If van Gaal sees potential in him as a striker and likes his multifunctionality I'm all for it though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd be rotating him with Rooney as a #9 and using him as backup for a #10. He could easily become an RvP leading striker. One who's not only great at scoring goals but also bringing others in and assisting. In fact he's the ideal replacement for RvP thinking about it. The only thing i'd question about him is his hold up play. It's not the best.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Man City were linked with him quite heavily in Germany a while back. He'd suit them more than us as I presume they'll get someone in for Nasri.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Too creative to play #9, is that a bad thing?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'd love this transfer for a decent price. Better than Coutinho imo.
His fee would suggest it's a classic Fergie's value for money signing but his record in Bundesliga would also make him quite a classic LVG's deal.

Proven player with a legit record already in a age of 23 if I'm not mistaken.

Hostekule

@RedSky
I'm pretty sure concentration refers more to his defensive work. You're talking about composure.

Jev

The maker of the video has 39 subscribers. I'd try checking out some other videos of him.
Yeah, I don't lend any credence to YouTube compilations but just watched the first 90 seconds of that other one and that was probably the most pathetic "highlights" I've ever seen.

Anyway, don't know much about this guy but I'm getting an Anderson vibe, which doesn't bode well.

Stadjer

I'd be rotating him with Rooney as a #9 and using him as backup for a #10. He could easily become an RvP leading striker. One who's not only great at scoring goals but also bringing others in and assisting. In fact he's the ideal replacement for RvP thinking about it. The only thing i'd question about him is his hold up play. It's not the best.
What about Fermino his pace? RVP had little but after his injuries he seems to lost the little pace he had before.

Zoo

Dunga uses him as a 9 and he looks impressive.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Too creative to play #9, is that a bad thing?
I would leave Louie to decide as I'm no expert but if the deal alone is true it's already a huge boost of flow of passing and movement in the build up for us no matter who will be our main striker next season.

It's always good to have multiple options and that make sense for a complicated tactician like LVG.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't mind squad depth, but I would find it weird to buy a 6th winger/5th 10 who isn't really suited to play as striker which we DO need. If van Gaal sees potential in him as a striker and likes his multifunctionality I'm all for it though.
How do you work out that we have 5 wingers at the moment? We don't, we have

Nani - More of an inside forward than a 7/11
Depay - See Nani
Januzaj and Mata's are #10
Yoiung and Val are wing backs..

At most you can play Nani or Januzaj on right with Mata/ Depay on left but in reality your putting 10s on the wing

Devil may care

5 #10's? Rooney and Mata are not really #10's and neither is Di Maria. are you counting Ander and Fellaini? The difference with Firmino from what I have seen is he actually has the characteristics of a real #10, great first touch, can beat a man and is excellent at seeing and executing the quick pass to slip in a striker or winger.

I also think he looks good as a #9 for Brazil as he's fast and a good finisher, although he's maybe not as tall as LvG likes.

DannyDash

Late to the party but what did his stats for this season look like? His 13/14 season stats were phenomenal for someone so young.
This season 7 goals 10 assists, yeah in 13/14 he was more prolific due to Hoffenheim playing all out attack every game they played lol

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
As excited as I am, this seems too good to be true. All we're basing this on is one man's tweet which he posted 2 days ago.

Stadjer

Also why doesnt he have a fancy Brazilian football name? He even has a normal first and last name. He can't be good. Dont want him.

I want something exotic like Anderson Luis de Abreau Oliviera, you just cant fail with a name like that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Multifunctionality is the word. Think about Memphis who can be a deadly finisher himself constantly changing positions with Firmino as a striker to a winger and an attacking midfielder. It's the type of brain feck you want to cause to your opponent. Have Herrera behind that who can be a scorer as well and perhaps we may start winning matches by more than one or two goals.

Nani's future may be on the line with few more to go but didn't LVG already said that the team will look different in a first fixture of the new season ?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
That first Dortmund video is frightening. He seemed to lose the ball every time he touched it. :nervous:
for some of it though he seemed to have 3 players closing in him down. Anytime I see that it's always a good sign

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Also why doesnt he have a fancy Brazilian football name? He even has a normal first and last name. He can't be good. Dont want him.

I want something exotic like Anderson Luis de Abreau Oliviera, you just cant fail with a name like that.
You mean like, Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira.

hbgreg

Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira

Is not good enough?

Jev

How do you work out that we have 5 wingers at the moment? We don't, we have

Nani - More of an inside forward than a 7/11
Depay - See Nani
Januzaj and Mata's are #10
Yoiung and Val are wing backs..

At most you can play Nani or Januzaj on right with Mata/ Depay on left but in reality your putting 10s on the wing
Strange post. If Depay and Nani can't be classified as wingers just because they occasionally cut inside, you need to revise your definition of a winger. Januzaj has hardly ever played anything other than winger for us. And how is Young a wingback all of a sudden? He's been playing left-winger his entire career, including the majority of last season. Then you have Mata, who may be a no. 10 but is playing on the wing, and Di Maria, who is as much a winger as he is a midfielder, and you have at least six players for two positions without counting Valencia, who is a natural winger.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
This signing would be in Fellainis place. Basically a mid three of Carrick Herrera Firminio with Depay Rooney and Mata upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.