Roberto Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Saha's hold up play was excellent. Is this guy's hold up play good given rooney's has regressed hugely?

Saha used to be very good at turning defenders, Rvp at holding it up and bringing others in. We completely lack that now if Rvp leaves.
Yeah extremely hard working for a Brazilian attacker, or any attacker really. He's very physical and his hold up play is good. Always looks a good match for the CBs he's playing against when I've seen him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's why Copa America will be brilliant this year:drool: We can not only watch quality players like Messi, James, Tevez, Falcao, Aguero, Neymar, Vidal, Sanchez and our own boys (Rojo, Di Maria) but we can also check out some United targets like Otamendi and Firmino playing for two of the strongest teams on the tournament:drool:
Would be even more fun if they were players before the torhnament started. I'd feel silly getting excited over a player who might sign for someone else.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Carrick
Herrera Schneiderlin
Firminho
Di Maria-----------------Depay

Firmino at False 9 would be really nice, he can also cover anywhere in the front 3. Finally someone quick and agile upfront?

muppppppppeeeeeeeeeet mode

Last edited:

NJM78

Last two seasons involved in 59 goals (32 scored 27 assists) in 73 games. Very impressive.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Completely different players. Would lose a lot of physicality
As we would if we played any other player in that position. Beats putting Rooney there who we can now leave upfront.

RedorDead21

Firmino at False 9 would be really nice, he can also cover anywhere in the front 3. Finally someone quick and agile upfront?
Carrick
Herrera Schneiderlin
Firminho
Di Maria-----------------Depay
muppppppppeeeeeeeeeet mode
Wayne Rooney would walk into any team we put out.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'd hate to see a player come in to dislodge Mata, but he does seem a class act. He'd be a good acquisition for the rumoured fee (<£15?), but I think we should focus more on other areas.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
my inner Muppet is ready to explode. Please let this be true.

Another Pacey skillful frontman to join Depay I like it very much.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'd hate to see a player come in to dislodge Mata, but he does seem a class act. He'd be a good acquisition for the rumoured fee (<£15?), but I think we should focus more on other areas.
Mata wasn't really being played at no.10 in the end though, he was on the right

NJM78

Seems a vague link right now. Let's see if it builds up.
Very true but I have always thought this had legs after our top German scout was sat in the private box owned by the agency responsible for Firmino earlier this season.

No doubt my muppet chips will be pissed on from a great height.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
NOt to mention Fellaini - could he be sold?
Pushed to the bench is more likely (unless we get a very big offer). Which is fair enough really, afroman deserves a place in the squad but if we can strengthen to the point where he's not a starter then all well and good...

Kag

The more direct, explosive and dynamic attackers we can bring in the better. Van Persie and Falcao have been hard viewing, Rooney isn't the player he once was and Mata, as good as he is, lacks in athleticism.

I don't know much about Firmino but he sounds exciting nonetheless.

RedorDead21

Pushed to the bench is more likely (unless we get a very big offer). Which is fair enough really, afroman deserves a place in the squad but if we can strengthen to the point where he's not a starter then all well and good...
Mata and Fellaini on the bench seems extravagant to me. I'd sell one and Mata would be the one.....

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just waiting for the statutory denial and/or being signed by a rival.

NJM78

So is it confirmed that we're signing him?
Just by some ex Brazilian player who works for ESPN that has now spread and others linked to ESPN have confirmed what was originally tweeted (About having a medical). Even Sportwitness haven't put an end to it yet so we'll see. To me it makes sense we get it done now if true as he looks like he will play a starring role for Brazil and if he does indeed shine many more teams will be alerted to him and no doubt his relatively cheap buy out clause could escalate rapidly if a bidding war follows.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Bloody hell just saw his bio - born Oct 2nd (my birthday). Reckon this is a good omen:drool::D

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Burns from Bluemoon forums :lol:

Who actually cares?

Depay and Firmino... Utd are shopping in the B list market and not the A list market. No threat to us whatsoever signings these kind of players.
Like Firmino would choose them over us

The rags aim to f*ck us up .... they are desperate to be the no.1 Manchester team again ...... Gill and his associates at UEFA already gave them a leg-up!!
He's in the rags price range, just about.
We best not lose him to the rags. It would be typical City to think we had the 'easy transfer' in the bag so we put it on hold whilst we secure the 'big names' miss out on the big names and then while we could have been wrapping up the Firmino deal the rags steal him from under our noses and then end up with Danny fecking Rose.
Rags... It's so fecking tiresomely predictable though isn't it
I was expecting to see him as a blue this season.....maybe he was just our backup plan if we couldn't get our main targets or the original rumours were aload of rubbish....anyway, don't mind missing out on this guy as City know a lot more about these players than any of us...just hate to see a young talent going to the rags.....

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So is it confirmed that we're signing him?
You're in the wrong place to be asking sensible questions like that. Just get on the emotional rollercoaster and see where it takes you eh?

hobbers

Don't we have several players including Adnan who could play there pal?
Januzaj has always performed better out wide though.

I'm sure if LVG is seriously interested in Firmino he'll bring something our current squad lacks. I'd guess Mata is the one most in danger if we sign him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Mata wasn't really being played at no.10 in the end though, he was on the right
I know, but he'll be the player that gets replaced should Roberto play. Unless we buy him as a striker, then it'll be Rooney.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I know, but he'll be the player that gets replaced should Roberto play. Unless we buy him as a striker, then it'll be Rooney.
Don't think Mata will be replaced and Rooney certainly won't be.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think Rooney needs some competition tbh. Always at his best when he faces a bit of angst and then he gets in his 'I'll prove you wrong mode'. Think we would play this guy as a striker though. In any case, at that price, bring him on and let's see what he's got.

caid

I think mata will be competing with memphis, adnan and di maria next season for a spot in the team.
This guy looks like more like a 10 or a striker to me. Its fellaini and van persie that will be under threat imo.

Mata might play as a #10 in the champions league but i cant see it happening against most pl teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.