Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
RvP will lead us to glory. Lovely how van Gaal will seriously rattle some cafites' favorite players.

kclord

It's not even an easy take: to take such a straight ball on the chest and hit it quickly shows what talent he still has.

Any comments from him regarding anything after the match?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Fantastic goal.

Very pleased that he looks happy again but still disappointed with him under Moyes. Yes, it didn't suit him but he is a professional and he wasn't giving it his all (he wasn't alone). When he is in the mood though, he will prove his worth over and over again. So hoping we can keep him happy and I'm sure that will happen under van Gaal.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Feel the same way. I hope LvG sells Rooney.
Yep, nothing better to see a few of the most annoying posters and fanboys who have always been cocksure about their idol's position within our club (roonayyy) squirming and trembling to see what the Dutch General will do.

Funny thing is, on a popular Dutch football show a few days ago, they made a hilarious comment about the fact that a Dutch journo has said LvG had absolutely ripped into Rooney as a footballer a few years ago on Dutch tv. ''Oops, don't let the English find that footage or all hell will break loose'' was their reaction... heh heh heh...

This part of the show is on youtube, will post and translate when I am on the computer. Heh heh heh...

Mali_Zeus

Rooney hate on here is astonishing, and in many cases those who love RVP hate Rooney. Despite the fact RVP acted like an angry little kid most of the season..

rotherham_red

Fantastic goal.

Very pleased that he looks happy again but still disappointed with him under Moyes. Yes, it didn't suit him but he is a professional and he wasn't giving it his all (he wasn't alone). When he is in the mood though, he will prove his worth over and over again. So hoping we can keep him happy and I'm sure that will happen under van Gaal.
I don't get that, was it not RVP who scored a hattrick to keep us in the Champions League and was he not the one on the scoresheet the only time we beat a top 4 team?

His inconsistency can be explained more by the system that he was playing in, and the fact that we had to cater our whole team dynamic to Rooney, who history has shown is simply not good enough to be the main man.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When he's fully fit and motivated he is fantastic, and is up there with the best in the world. But when he's not on song, he is almost painful to watch.

We have all seen the difference a fully fit and motivated RVP can make. If we challenge for the league title again RVP will be a key part of that, he has the quality to make the difference.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Rooney hate on here is astonishing, and in many cases those who love RVP hate Rooney. Despite the fact RVP acted like an angry little kid most of the season..
As opposed to Rooney who has acted like an angry little bitch his whole life?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I don't get that, was it not RVP who scored a hattrick to keep us in the Champions League and was he not the one on the scoresheet the only time we beat a top 4 team?

His inconsistency can be explained more by the system that he was playing in, and the fact that we had to cater our whole team dynamic to Rooney, who history has shown is simply not good enough to be the main man.
Yes it was but you can't just pick and choose your games. I agree and pointed out that it can be put down to the system, Moyes' use of him and all that but my point was his effort and commitment throughout the whole season wasn't the same as the season before. A professional footballer should go into every game with the same mindset, RVP didn't this season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still behind him, just disappointed with him, like I am with a lot of our players who were below par this season.

Godfather

No wonder as he had to work under a manager that was way out of his depth and the chances of winning ANYTHING went to zero. Rooney had nothing to whine about. He got his new record breaking contract under that joke of a manager that didnt have the guts to drop him even if unfit or in poor form.

Mali_Zeus

No wonder as he had to work under a manager that was way out of his depth and the chances of winning ANYTHING went to zero. Rooney had nothing to whine about. He got his new record breaking contract under that joke of a manager that didnt have the guts to drop him even if unfit or in poor form.
Did you see Evra and Vidić for instance sulking on the pitch despite the fact they had that joke of a manager...

Moyes didn't drop RVP either when he played bad or was out of form, on the contrary, he rushed him after his injuries..

RVP wont have anything to whine about once LVG comes, everything must be as he wishes, or he's really disapointed and mopes around.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and I love the fact we have him but at times this season he looked like he doesnt want to be on the pitch.

And all that comparisons with Rooney are there just cause people want to bash Rooney over and over again whatever the thread.

RedStarUnited

That Olympiakos match alone should shut some of you up who think he didnt care under Moyes. And I think he had a better score ratio this season too.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You proved my point.

Rooney hate, got to love it.

p.s. didn't know you knew Rooney his whole life?
Are you new? Of course I hate Rooney, always have and always will, doesn't make any of what I have said any less true. He is an angry petulant spoilt whiny little bitch. And before I get accused of being an unreasonable rvp fanboy I totally agree that he has been unprofessional last season when we needed senior players to stand up and be counted and given My way I'd sell both of them and go onto next season with welbeck Hernandez Wilson and cavani.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can you ladies not go a day without a RvP vs Rooney argument?

Mali_Zeus

Are you new? Of course I hate Rooney, always have and always will, doesn't make any of what I have said any less true. He is an angry petulant spoilt whiny little bitch. And before I get accused of being an unreasonable rvp fanboy I totally agree that he has been unprofessional last season when we needed senior players to stand up and be counted and given My way I'd sell both of them and go onto next season with welbeck Hernandez Wilson and cavani.
Yep I'm new, so can't say I'm familiar with your work. :)
And I lost count how many people hate him and don't miss at any oportunity to say sthing bad about him.

Anyhow this is RVP thread, there's many other placers where you people can bash Rooney.

NMF

Any striker would have been frustrated with our style of play last season some games he wouldn't even get a clear chance on goal, he fed on scraps all season.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yep I'm new, so can't say I'm familiar with your work. :)
And I lost count how many people hate him and don't miss at any oportunity to say sthing bad about him.
Ah fair enough then let me educate you :lol: I hated him at Everton, when we signed him, and have never changed my opinion, I happily give him credit when it'swarranted but will always stick the boot in given even the smallest opening. For example last season his early season form was very good and he carried us for a few months and he deserves credit for it being the foray season I can remember where he hasn't really done anything overly stupid or twattish.......

Mali_Zeus

Ah fair enough then let me educate you :lol: I hated him at Everton, when we signed him, and have never changed my opinion, I happily give him credit when it'swarranted but will always stick the boot in given even the smallest opening. For example last season his early season form was very good and he carried us for a few months and he deserves credit for it being the foray season I can remember where he hasn't really done anything overly stupid or twattish.......
Fair enough.

I'm out of this RVP vs Rooney conversation.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Yep, nothing better to see a few of the most annoying posters and fanboys who have always been cocksure about their idol's position within our club (roonayyy) squirming and trembling to see what the Dutch General will do.

Funny thing is, on a popular Dutch football show a few days ago, they made a hilarious comment about the fact that a Dutch journo has said LvG had absolutely ripped into Rooney as a footballer a few years ago on Dutch tv. ''Oops, don't let the English find that footage or all hell will break loose'' was their reaction... heh heh heh...

This part of the show is on youtube, will post and translate when I am on the computer. Heh heh heh...
On the same page as you. The Rooney fanboys on here are ridiculous. They act as if he can do no wrong. I remember when Ronaldo wanted out..all they were saying was "OUR Rooney would never do this!!!!"

I hope we do the sensible thing and get rid of him, play RvP in the striker role (since he is our best player) and have Mata in behind and spend big on proper CM's and a proper defence. Let another team have the problem of managing Wayne Rooney. Someone as stupid as PSG would pay 40 million for him.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
That goal was ridiculous yesterday. Easily our best player, he's so far ahead of most technically it's not even funny.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Beautiful goal indeed but that pass was crucial.

More of that during the tournament and in United, please.

Brightonian

For feck sake, enough with the childish Rooney vs RVP bollocks. If you're a proper fan, you support and appreciate both of them. End of story.

The state of this place.

And Clasie could be in our midfield next season too.
Hope not. By all accounts he's very average indeed. We've got one Cleverley, we don't need another.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
For feck sake, enough with the childish Rooney vs RVP bollocks. If you're a proper fan, you support and appreciate both of them. End of story.
I agree. If a manager/coach can make a Van Persie-Rooney combo works so well, we'll be scoring goals for fun surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.