Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's a very good player but an uber cnut.
I would agree, because I also said the same when he was at Arsenal, and I don't like too change my opinions just because he signed for us. He looks like a better player for us though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got really nervous when he went down near the end, looking at the replay he could've torn his ligaments, thankfully he's fine.

DevilRed

Created/scored all 3 of our goals today pretty much. Theres not much else you can ask for and I don't think its a coincidence that we have finally won at stamford bridge after 10 years.

Platato

Psst!
That was almost the ideal team for me to see Van Persie in, 2 wingers in Young and Valencia to stretch the play, can't wait to have Rooney further forward behind him, then he'll be even better. Obviously because of Chelskis quality we had to get Rooney playing deeper today
I share your vision but I think in such matches we actually need 3 MIDFIELDERS in a midfield 3. Rooney tracks back but was giving away silly fouls.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Best player in the league.
Quick feet, good vision, can pick a final pass, enough physical presence, fantastic movement and a deadly finisher. He's got the lot.

Skywarden

Quick feet, good vision, can pick a final pass, enough physical presence, fantastic movement and a deadly finisher. He's got the lot.
He can also be a fiery bastard if needed be. Takes shit from no one.

Rossa

Indeed. I actually thought he was slow, but he is quite fast. Suddenly he comes up with a burst of speed to get away from Luiz, who is far from slow. His technique is his real strength though; arguably more refined than Berb's, and more power in it. His finishing is beyond anyone else in the PL.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's basically become my favourite player. So much quality in everythin he does.
I didn't expect to like him so much straight away. Always only watched him casually when he was at Arsenal. Didn't pay any particularly attention to him but now I understand my Arsenal mates grumpyness over him leaving.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Must admit, I was well in the 'not sure we need him' camp.

feck. That. He is absolutely class, love watching him play. He's got us at least 12 points already!

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

feck. That. He is absolutely class, love watching him play. He's got us at least 12 points already!
Me too. Now I am in the 'everyone needs a Robin Van Persie' camp.

acrebo

Fantastic footballer. It was also really good to see that, amongst all the craziness of the game, him and Luiz had a really good battle. Both getting stuck in but neither giving an inch. Hopefully both players came off with full respect and no bad blood for the other.

There's some games coming up now where he can really excel. Starting with Arsenal at OT... :)

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nice to have a player you are genuinely excited about watching.

Rooney is another, but he's been with us a fair while now so the novelty wore off.

Eriku

There were people who didn't recognise his class before he came here?

Wow.

Was always going to improve the team, I felt.

Drainy

Was always going to be an awesome signing, as long as he stays fit. There was almost no chance we'd come away from Stamford Bridge (against a side with a perfect mix of athleticism in midfield and skill in attacking positions) with 3 points without an experienced striker leading the line- if they had RvP and we had Torres, we would have got ruined today.

People who were concerned about Welbeck and Hernandez forgot just how proficient Sir Alex is at rotating good players. Of course, Welbeck's flexibility really helps him get game time.

Training every day with and getting advice from quality players like Rooney and Van Persie can only help the young strikers at the club.

Bape

Best striker in the league, arguably in the world (If we don't include Messi/Ronaldo)

People who were concerned about Welbeck and Hernandez forgot just how proficient Sir Alex is at rotating good players. Of course, Welbeck's flexibility really helps him get game time.

Training every day with and getting advice from quality players like Rooney and Van Persie can only help the young strikers at the club.
SAF is good at rotating players but it doesn't always work out. Carlos Tevez being a prime example. For now though it is working out well and long may it continue.

Drainy

SAF is good at rotating players but it doesn't always work out. Carlos Tevez being a prime example. For now though it is working out well and long may it continue.
Tevez is a fecking moaner. He is never happy for more than 3 months no matter what you do for him.

It seemed like every international break he'd do an interview moaning about Sir Alex. When he was a first choice player he didn't like being played as a striker, he wanted to play off the main striker. When he was rotated, he wanted to play more. Frankly good riddance to the prick.

He's a good player, but being a good player isn't enough at a big club like United.

Amir

Tevez is far better than good. But it's a package that goes with an agent and greed, so it was just not going to last.

Van Persie's just top class. I knew he was a terrific striker but I didn't appreciate just how good he was overall. Whether he scores or not, he adds so much class to the team and he's a vital component in us being better in terms of playing through the middle.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
He's consistent, isn't he?

Code:
 [U]#[/U]       [U]MIN[/U]   [U]OPPONENT[/U]         [U]RESULT[/U]   [U]COMPETITION[/U]      [U]DATE[/U]    [U]G[/U]   [U]A[/U]  [U][COLOR="Yellow"]■[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Red"]■[/COLOR][/U]

0(1)  ☼ 22' v Everton A       | [COLOR=Red]0-1[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 20-08 | - | - |- -
 1(1)  ● 90' v Fulham H        | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 25-08 | 1 | - |- -
 2(1)  ● 90' v Southampton A   | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 02-09 | 3 | - |- -
 2(2)  ☼ 19' v Wigan H         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]4-0[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 15-09 | - | - |- -
 3(2)  ● 81' v Galatasaray H   | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]1-0[/COLOR] | Champions League | 19-09 | - | - |[COLOR=Yellow]■[/COLOR] -
 4(2)  ● 90' v Liverpool A     | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2-1[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 23-09 | 1 | - |[COLOR=Yellow]■[/COLOR] -
 5(2)  ● 90' v Tottenham H     | [COLOR="Red"]2-3[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 29-09 | - | 1 |- -
 6(2)  ● 90' v CFR Cluj A      | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2-1[/COLOR] | Champions League | 02-10 | 2 | - |- -
 7(2)  ● 87' v Newcastle A     | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-0[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 07-10 | - | 1 |[COLOR="Yellow"]■[/COLOR] -
 8(2)  ● 90' v Stoke H         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]4-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 20-10 | 1 | 1 |- -
 9(2)  ● 90' v Braga H         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] | Champions League | 23-10 | - | - |- -
10(2)  ● 90' v Chelsea A       | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 28-10 | 1 | 1 |- -

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I love the way he holds the ball up. The way he played with his back to goal, turned cahill like a muppet and then slotted the ball through for young was fantastic strike play. Stuff like that does not normally get attention, but its something rooney struggles to do at times. He has a real knack of turning his body with the ball and shielding it perfectly. Top top striker.

Gazza

Best performance from a United striker at Stamford Bridge since Ruud in 2002.
Like RVN that day, he scored 1 and had a hand in 2 more.

Despite going through periods without the ball, he always had a presence on the field that gave Chelsea something to think about and United something to latch on to.

Love watching him play.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Yep. Didn't think we should go for him.

But now I get a little moist everytime I see him play. :drool:

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I still haven't got used to it. Every time he gets the ball I go through the same thought-process - "Who the feck's that?"... "Oh yeah, RVP plays for us"... "feck me he's good".
I'm the opposite. The way he has settled in it feels like he has been here for years

Gazza

I imagine the feeling of watching him play for us must, to an Arsenal fan, be similar to how it feels to see Ronaldo playing for Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.