Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallucinogen

You Chelsea fans have been spoilt with big signings. I am not surprised you don't get excited by them anymore
Rather than taking a criticizing view on the outburst of joy it was more of a silly infectiousness I felt, but whatever man.

I do get exited, yes.And the outburst of Chelsea fans I also find hilarious.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very good idea to include the appearance related fees
Totally agree.

I thought paying big money would be a big risk but 15 million with the rest being appearance based add ons is a very good deal.

Ekeke

I'd only feel sorry for the Arsenal fans that saw it coming and werent saying stupid stuff over the years when they were told that their players wont be sticking around if they arent winning anything.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Either Howard's woken up or something big's happening...again!:

@howardnurse
Look out for another significant #MUFC announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow.

LoveInTheAsylum

Wow, I'm pretty pessimistic over how this will work out but it's impossible to not get excited over the signing of such a great player. We're loaded with attacking options right now. Having players of such great footballing intelligence as Rooney and RvP should allow us to move them around to get the best out of all our options.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
I'd expect the deal for robin van persie to be finalised in the next couple of days.

amolbhatia50k

In June if you told me we were going to buy Van Persie, despite him being 29, I would have expected a price of 35 to 40 million. Simply because of how incredible he's been over the last year and a half. 15 million is ridiculous, really.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Thinking about it, i reckon we've had this deal in the bag for a while now.

Sw33t

The happiness here is hilarious.

But potentially a fantastic signing for you guys, United will be right up there is all competitions.A great squad and a great first team you guys have.
Why is it hilarious?

Wouldn't you be pleased as hell if you'd just signed the best player in the league?

Oh wait, you guys did sign Torres after all...

nimic

something nice
Scout
Very, very happy with this. I can't believe that some people aren't. This is a world class striker, for a not very high fee. Yes, he's approaching 30. Yes, he's been very injury prone in the past. But last season showed that he doesn't have to be. And I think that it's worth the gamble with that fee.

Also, regarding the age thing, it's not like Van Persie's biggest asset is his pace. If this is a 4 year contract as stated, there's no reason why he can't perform at the highest level for all of that.

Chuffed.

amolbhatia50k

WTF we got RVP?

I'm delighted we signed a world class striker. Still it feels a bit like the berbatov signing, only he seems more suited to our style but more injury prone.
Van Persie is a much better player, though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I can see Fergie playing Kagawa wide on the left but having him drift in a lot. Evra covers enough ground to play left wing anyway.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'll never doubt the Bleacher Report again.

The_Red_Hope

It's going to be pretty surreal seeing him in a United jersey ... can't wait for the season to start now.

Step 1 - take monday off from work.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
The thing I don't get is how the BBC site says that we need to agree personal terms BUT that its a four year deal. I'm guessing personal terms are a formality?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'd expect the deal for robin van persie to be finalised in the next couple of days.
Are you absolutely sure about that? Any idea about the kind of fee, or whether it's been agreed at all? There's so little on this subject and I think a true ITK like you who knows his stuff could shed some light on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.