g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You'd think VP would certainly be rested for the Sunderland game, but Hernandez will have played 2 games miles away, and Welbeck will surely start the Montenegro game.

Hopefully they'll be fresh enough for us to spare VP completely for Chelsea.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
You'd think VP would certainly be rested for the Sunderland game, but Hernandez will have played 2 games miles away, and Welbeck will surely start the Montenegro game.

Hopefully they'll be fresh enough for us to spare VP completely for Chelsea.
Well Robin played the full 90 - not sure if he was going to play the whole game or not but the Dutch were struggling to break down Estonia so he stayed on. In fact Estonia had a glorious 2 on 0 break but the Estonian forward decided to go for glory himself then slot in his teammate and skied it over the bar :lol: - that would have made it 2-1 and the Dutch defence looked shaky at best.

They now welcome Romania on Tuesday who is tied for second with Hungary but considered they're toughest opponent - Robin has started all games save the game in October v Andorra and was subbed on halftime once. Just wondering if Huntelaar willl start but I doubt it - perhaps a halftime sub again.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Van Persie: I'd settle for the double

Robin van Persie has revealed his goal was to win three trophies in his first season with Manchester United, but will settle for winning the Premier League title away to Arsenal next month.

Van Persie moved to Old Trafford from the Gunners in a £25 million transfer last summer, and has been forced to adjust his ambitions since United were bundled out of the Champions League by Real Madrid over two legs earlier this month.

The striker is now hopeful the league leaders can seal the domestic title when they play Manchester City on April 8, or at Arsenal three weeks later.

"My goal was to win the treble," Van Persie is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror. "I wanted the Premier League, the Champions League and the FA Cup.

"Now we only have the double and, yes, I think we could win the title at Arsenal or even against Manchester City. But I really don't care where we win it. I just want to grab that league title."

A target for United during his days in the Eredivisie in his homeland, Van Persie says he is now at an age when he can appreciate being at one of the Premier League's biggest clubs.

"Sir Alex Ferguson once sent a scout over to Holland to watch me when I was a young player and Feyenoord. But I was sent off that afternoon and the scout went back to England with that in his report.

"Sir Alex mentioned that to me when I arrived at United. He felt I was not yet ready for a move to a big English club all those years ago - and he was right. I said to the boss 'you were right then, but I am ready now'," he explained.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...van-persie:-i'd-settle-for-the-double?cc=5901

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Not taking the piss here - genuine question. Do you think RVP has better spoken English/a wider vocabulary than Rooney ?

prateik

"Sir Alex mentioned that to me when I arrived at United. He felt I was not yet ready for a move to a big English club all those years ago - and he was right. I said to the boss 'you were right then, but I am ready now'," he explained.
Ah... so that's why he moved to Arsenal.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Nice backhanded knock down on Arsenal. "Not ready for a move to a big English club all those years ago". :lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Not taking the piss here - genuine question. Do you think RVP has better spoken English/a wider vocabulary than Rooney ?
Yes, we brought RVP to help settle Wayne into English life. Robin tutors him on English language and history on the weekends. Wayne's really appreciative and has learned lots of new words since they've been working together. Although you can't see it, in all those interviews RVP does, Rooney is actually sitting behind the camera man eagerly taking notes.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Yes, we brought RVP to help settle Wayne into English life. Robin tutors him on English language and history on the weekends. Wayne's really appreciative and has learned lots of new words since they've been working together. Although you can't see it, in all those interviews RVP does, Rooney is actually sitting behind the camera man eagerly taking notes.
:lol: :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
:lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Overtakes Cryuff in goalscoring charts for Netherlands.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fantastic header for the first. This international break really came at a great time for united.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Only six goals away from levelling Kluivert's international record now.

(I'm counting the two tonight as being his 33rd and 34th international goals, would that be correct?)

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Robin is starting to get old...

"During Robin van Persie’s time at Feyenoord, the current Manchester United striker was pictured alongside a couple of young supporters.

Now Jordy Clasie and Tony Vilhena, two of the biggest prospects in the Eredivisie, are part of Louis van Gaal’s Dutch squad for the win over Estonia on Friday and clash with Romania on Tuesday, after impressive campaigns for Feyenoord."

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
3 goals in 2 games for his country, with Rooney getting two for England both are in great goal scoring form before the trip to Chelsea where they both have a great record at

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
At first glance I thought it simply hit his head and went in...close up shows some intent but that was jammy as feck.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nice shirt, Netherlands. But then, it's because van Persie's wearing it.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looked instinctive to me, obviously no one deliberately could place it from a ball of that pace coming in but he seemed to aim for the far post. Great goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.