Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His finishing is anything but poor.

Young didn't feck that up at all, it was RVP who fecked it up, both with his run and shot.
Van persie definitely should have scored but young did him no favors. Waited way too long to roll the ball to him, and when he did both the defender and goalkeeper were closing him down and it was a much harder chance then it should have been.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Van persie definitely should have scored but young did him no favors. Waited way too long to roll the ball to him, and when he did both the defender and goalkeeper were closing him down and it was a much harder chance then it should have been.
Wasn't Van Persie offside for the few seconds before Young passed it?

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Not sure, haven't seen it since the game but I remember he delayed the pass for a really long time just pushing the defender back.
If he was, like I thought, then you can't blame Young.

Anyway, it was poor from VP either way you look at it, even if the pass wasn't perfect it was more than good enough to be buried with little fuss.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Forget about today's chance and I really agree with wr8_utd's assessment of RVP.He has missed a lot of easy chances this season.He could have been out of reach in the PL goalscorer charts and somewhere around 30-35 goals overall.
Yup not as clinical as everyone says he is. Still great though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's snatching at things at the moment, it's laughable how people are so against any criticism towards RVP. He's the only player who can get away with shooting from ridiculous angles/distances and the only one who seems to get away with fecking up chances.

He may have won a shit load of points this season but he's let himself down in regards to his goal return recently. He's had chances, he's just not taking them. It's great that for the most part he is playing well, but it's indisputable that he's just not been anywhere near as clinical as he has been for the most-part of the season. Mid-Feb to now, he's snatched at a fair few chances. The ball doesn't always have to be perfect for a worldie player to score a goal.

But I expect most people to blast me for this, fire away.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He wasn't. He kept himself onside. It was laughable how young refused to pass the ball.
I had RVP first goal and was blaming Young at the end but a quick rewind and it was RVP's miss not anything Young could have done plus RVP gave him a shit angle and it ended up being the only pass on to Young.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Spending too much time with welbeck
:lol:

He's a brilliant player, one of the best in the league no doubt, but indeed for one of the best strikers in world football, he does seem to miss quite a few sitters. I've been noticing them this year as he's ours now, wonder if it was the same at Arsenal before?

Scores some absolute screamers though. It's like the sitters are too easy for him, not worthy of his talent! :lol:

Shark

@NotShark

He's a brilliant player, one of the best in the league no doubt, but indeed for one of the best strikers in world football, he does seem to miss quite a few sitters. I've been noticing them this year as he's ours now, wonder if it was the same at Arsenal before?

Scores some absolute screamers though. It's like the sitters are too easy for him, not worthy of his talent! :lol:

That's what I was thinking. If an easy goalscoring opportunity doesn't seem potentially perfect enough, he fecks it up on purpose. :lol:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Young did superbly to make that chance. What the feck is going on here?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I'm sorry but you've got to take those chances. Maybe Young's ball wasn't perfectly timed/angled, but that's a clear sitter.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
His touch and play in the build up has been fantistic all seasons. But lately he has missed lots of chances.

And its really funny that there is lots of Rooney hate when RVP has missed chance after chance while Rooney has buried almost every chance that has fell to him.

Goes to show that the caf gets deluded almost as much as the media.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Blaming Young for that is silly. Even if the pass possibly could have been better, and I'm not at all sure that's the case, Van Persie still should have scored there.

I love the guy for what he's done for us this season but that should not make him immune from criticism. His form recently has not been good enough. and that was a bad miss.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
He's snatching at things at the moment, it's laughable how people are so against any criticism towards RVP. He's the only player who can get away with shooting from ridiculous angles/distances and the only one who seems to get away with fecking up chances.

He may have won a shit load of points this season but he's let himself down in regards to his goal return recently. He's had chances, he's just not taking them. It's great that for the most part he is playing well, but it's indisputable that he's just not been anywhere near as clinical as he has been for the most-part of the season. Mid-Feb to now, he's snatched at a fair few chances. The ball doesn't always have to be perfect for a worldie player to score a goal.

No, that's fairly reasonable to be fair. He's a fine finisher but he's no RVN in terms of being clinical. Then again, very few are. He's been in fairly poor form by his own high standards for the past month or two as well.

Still the best centre forward in the league though.

Rossa

Young's pass was shit as RVP had to reajust his feet and thus his balance was off, and he had to take the shot out of balance. Young waited too long. That said, RVP could have done better and Young did very well up until the chance. It is hard to criticise Young as he did create the chance in the first place, even if he fecked up the pass. Didn't matter much though.

wonnie

Young did very well to get onto that loose ball and scoop it up to maintain control of the ball... but the pass was very under hit... defender was already on to RVP as he was getting the shot away.

Swaters16

Young did very well to get onto that loose ball and scoop it up to maintain control of the ball... but the pass was very under hit... defender was already on to RVP as he was getting the shot away.
Yep the pass put pressure on RVP. I still expected a goal but it was made harder than it should have been.

Widnes

Just saw the replay on sky sports news, RVP wasn't under that much pressure from the defender and he had it lined up perfectly on his preferred foot. It was just a bad finish hopefully when he gets one that really matters he will have his shooting boots back on.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Blew the final kick of the game, but young likely could have released it earlier. Overall a good game for him and he made the only goal in the game

Godfather

Now apart from that shocking miss at the end I thought he was generally poor yesterday. He looked pretty slow and knackered to me. Probably still tired from the internationals. HOpefully will get his sharpness back soon.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

No need to get panicky like some jokers here, his work rate is good and even though he's going thru a drought, his plays & assists are winning us games.

NinjaFletch

Yeah, I thought it was embarrassing to be honest, not only the incident but the lack of commentary on it. Davie Provan actually said he'd caught him...
That was absolutely bizarre.

Clear as day that RVP hadn't touched him, but they were banging on about it as if he'd kicked him in the face.

Funnily enough, I still think a video of that incident should be sent to Uefa, consider it referee training for how to deal with high feet when a player is going for the ball.

LR7

Young didn't feck that up at all, it was RVP who fecked it up, both with his run and shot.
If he was, like I thought, then you can't blame Young.

Anyway, it was poor from VP either way you look at it, even if the pass wasn't perfect it was more than good enough to be buried with little fuss.

I had RVP first goal and was blaming Young at the end but a quick rewind and it was RVP's miss not anything Young could have done plus RVP gave him a shit angle and it ended up being the only pass on to Young.

Young did superbly to make that chance. What the feck is going on here?
This time x100

People see what they want to see to fit their pre-existing views.
I'm sorry but you've got to take those chances. Maybe Young's ball wasn't perfectly timed/angled, but that's a clear sitter.
His touch and play in the build up has been fantistic all seasons. But lately he has missed lots of chances.

And its really funny that there is lots of Rooney hate when RVP has missed chance after chance while Rooney has buried almost every chance that has fell to him.

Goes to show that the caf gets deluded almost as much as the media.
Blaming Young for that is silly. Even if the pass possibly could have been better, and I'm not at all sure that's the case, Van Persie still should have scored there.

I love the guy for what he's done for us this season but that should not make him immune from criticism. His form recently has not been good enough. and that was a bad miss.
Glad to see some of you here aren't completely blind. Young getting blamed for that miss is laughable. RvP has been great earlier in the season, but his form has dipped in comparison to that - its not a problem because we are still winning but like everyone else in a United shirt he should be accountable when he's poor on a personal level. There seems to be a few scapegoats on the Caf who are always responsible somehow when things don't go to plan, even when it's not their fault, whilst others are immune to criticsm completely. Baffling.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
shame he didn't get the goal yesterday, as it would have got the monkey off his back a bit.

Hopefully he's saving something for Chelsea and City games.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Exactly, Young did everything right, the timing of the pass, laying it on a plate for RVP. RVP should have hit it the other side, because Mignolet read it very early.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Even without a clean strike van Persie should be putting that away and he knows it, but when you're 2v1 with about 30 yards in front of you the responsibility for the goal is on the creator rather than the scorer. You have the chance to basically give a team-mate a free goal and instead Young ended up turning it into just a good chance.

I've no idea how anyone can criticise van Persie to be honest. Beforehand when he got the ball he just wouldn't lose it and when he got in and around the box he'd set up a chance for himself or a team-mate every time, he's been doing that 8/10 times recently rather than 10/10. Still produces moments of skill that no-one else in the side is capable of, still offers a threat from centre mid to the wing to up front and still works the keeper with every other shot. He's consistently been our 2nd/3rd best player in the build-up no matter who we've played. You lot are just goals obsessed.

Cina

To be fair Brwned, there have been a few games where, if he's not taking his chances or getting a goal, he's looked pretty invisible. Yesterday wasn't one of them though, I thought he played very well.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Even without a clean strike van Persie should be putting that away and he knows it, but when you're 2v1 with about 30 yards in front of you the responsibility for the goal is on the creator rather than the scorer. You have the chance to basically give a team-mate a free goal and instead Young ended up turning it into just a good chance.

I've no idea how anyone can criticise van Persie to be honest. Beforehand when he got the ball he just wouldn't lose it and when he got in and around the box he'd set up a chance for himself or a team-mate every time, he's been doing that 8/10 times recently rather than 10/10. Still produces moments of skill that no-one else in the side is capable of, still offers a threat from centre mid to the wing to up front and still works the keeper with every other shot. He's consistently been our 2nd/3rd best player in the build-up no matter who we've played. You lot are just goals obsessed.
Totally agree he's still been pretty class despite not scoring.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I agree. Technically he's just better than the rest of our players and for me that gives us the edge whenever he's on the pitch. In fact, what's impressed me most about his game is his all round contribution rather than just goal threat. He's got that touch of class which for me is the difference between a quality player and one of the best.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair Brwned, there have been a few games where, if he's not taking his chances or getting a goal, he's looked pretty invisible. Yesterday wasn't one of them though, I thought he played very well.
Very very few of those. And every player has them. One must have been the one he got a knock and went off at half time. Hopefully we're not counting substitute appearances. I can think of many games like that. His consistency in the overall quality of play has been outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.