g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywarden

What a season he's had. Goodness gracious I could watch his goals and plays all year long. He had his mind set from the beginning. "I want to achieve big things with Manchester United" and never took his eyes off of the finish line.

A star turned into a marvellous legend tonight.

Platato

Psst!
What a way to wrap up the title eh? Fantastic showing from him today. I guess listening to the little boy inside really did pay off!

Shark

@NotShark
His hatrick tonight pretty much defined the contribution he's made this season. Nobody can stop him when he performs like that.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I can't stop watching it. The technique...it's just such a ridiculous goal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was brilliant tonight... and that second goal was something else. Somewhere in amongst the top 5 goals I've ever seen live. Just an unbelievable strike... and technique that most players can only dream of. The similarities between the way he struck that ball, and the way he struck the ball for his goal against Everton for Arsenal is astonishing... and obviously clear proof (not that anyone needed it) that RVP doesn't fluke these things.

Can't wait for the guard of honour next week! "Hey Jack, you wantsh medal yesh?" :devil:

Let me put you in the picture
Let me show you what I mean
The messiah Is van Persie
Now it's 20 not 19!!!
Love it!

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
When I was a kid and used to fantasise about being the greatest player ever, that goal tonight was the one I used to score the whole time in my head.

Let me put you in the picture
Let me show you what I mean
The messiah Is van Persie
Now it's 20 not 19!!!
Nice, except it doesn't rhyme. You could change the first line to, "All you cnuts from down the Mersey." That almost rhymes.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
With the way he was running after his 2nd, I thought he was going to the bench again but then quickly realized the dugout was on the other side.

Brightonian

Different sort of video. Goals included but more of skills/technique/passes.

Great video. Too often compilations for strikers just show the goals and don't bother with all the other interesting stuff. I'm disappointed that two of his best from this season - the backheel overhead flick to Welbeck against Reading and the little one-two shuffle out of a tight space against Madrid - weren't in there. But then he produces something special almost every time he's on the ball, so I guess you have to choose a few.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I think when you see the way RVP speaks about the club, having just joined 9 months ago, it tells you everything about the manager and the club. Its a special place.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Ugh, I am getting into heated arguments with mates about how he's a glory hunter. I kind of felt that at first but the amount that he has contributed and the genuine blood sweat and tears means more than that for me. Regardless of what some numpties are saying.

It means more to me that he's come in, contributed and worked his ring off for the club and he's shown a genuine aptitude to be part of Manchester United. More than say coming in, being a fringe player and swiping a medal and celebrating it. (Like Owen, but fair play to Owen, I don't begrudge him that).

I certainly was skeptical about this transfer at first but know in terms of football as a whole it was a fantastic piece of business, I absolutely loathed Van Persie two seasons ago but fecking hell how I was wrong about this guy. Total class act and absolutely love him to bits. Couldn't be happier that he now has a league winners medal and it's with us.

Fairy tale and schoolboy dreams type stuff.

Sam

Probably my favourite ever United signing. There was just something about it at the time that made you think it could be a special thing RVP & United. From the minute he arrived it seemed like it was more then just signing a fantastic player. The season that has followed fully justifies that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Apologies for the soundtrack but this is a great video of a young RVP:

redevil2

Don't know if I've ever seen a professional footballer happier:lol:
He had waited for many years for the moments tonight! And he attributed success to his team mates, manager and staff..... I have tears in my eyes.

redevil2

I bet the Villa players can go home feeling lucky knowing they can brag about being on the pitch witnessing such a goal being scored. LOL And can tell their children and grandchildren in the future too. What a wonderful pass from Rooney and what a goal.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
it's impossible to get any better than that. such a pass, such a finish.

It was, and i still don't think people are giving the goal enough credit nor understood how difficult it was to volley a ball which was coming from behind while he was on the run. I mean, volleys on crosses from the flanks like his goal against Charlton was difficult enough, but something like what we saw today, is next to impossible. I would rate it as probably one of the top 5 goals i've seen from the last 20 years of watching football, in terms of difficulty. Superb player, ridiculous goal.

AttackingFlair

It was a masterpiece. The technique on that volley was perfect and he knew exactly what he was doing as the goal he scored for Arsenal vs Everton was absolutely identical.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
With different commentary. The one I posted earlier was Arabic.

This is Sky Sports with Alan Parry:

And this is ESPN with Ian Darke:

Moultz

Im trying to work out which one was best between these two.

Just had a quick look myself and the distance on Rooney's ball eclipses that one but the way the ball travels and rattles the net from the Arsenal was so aesthetically pleasing. Literally rattled it in.

***** PS start both of those goals above at the same time! was pretty sick :drool: *****

oh then there was this one but Reina should have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.