Robin van Persie

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I hate you!

I only saw the layout with the RvP story in the middle (none of the xbox controls indicated on the screen, no sky sports etc) and rushed to manutd.com to check whether it was indeed official (the middle part of the screen looks like manutd.com's layout). Before manutd.com loaded, my laptop decided to freeze (and it's a fast one) so I obviously thought it must be crazy with excitement and struggling to load such great and momentous news (Obviously it takes longer to load important things!) and was stuck in this mad hopeful glee for about 30 seconds.
:lol:

Should have known better, next thing you feel like that just refresh the caf and wait for "She canneee take the strain Captain..."

Rooney24

Is he travelling with the squad though? Was looking forward to a post match interview :D

If he isnt even travelling with them that's an even better sign though I assume.

He hasnt been dropped from the squad just the starting line up. He is still with the Dutch squad.

Chabon

Last season Danny Welbeck was our first choice centre forward
Last season Danny Welbeck played nearly every game when he was fit
Last season we lost the league on goal difference.

See the link with signing the EPLs top scorer now?
Last season we scored more goals than we had in ten years
Last season we conceded 30+ goals for only the second time in seven years

You're right, our problem last season was that we didn't score enough... :houllier:

antohan

It's not welbeck bashing. Welbeck is a great young player but the facts speak for themslelves as do the reasons why we'd be interested.
I didn't think you meant to, but there's always a numpty out there who would happily derail it into that, or a passionate defence of Welbeck when all we are doing is applying common sense.

antohan

You're right, our problem last season was that we didn't score enough... :houllier:
Our main problem was indeed lack of control in certain games, particularly conceding two late goals to Everton. But there's no way you can argue we wouldn't be better off with RvP than Welbeck.

I understand where you are coming from, and we all want Welbeck to fulfil his promise, but don't see him suffering much but rather the opposite. It's Chicharito who will get a bit shafted, him being the less complete footballer and harder to pair up.

The size of the Mexican market tells me he won't get frozen out to the extent Berba was last year and his attitude is probably the best you could hope for in a 4th choice striker.

antohan

Random thought that crossed my mind. With Berba needing shifting, maybe he would be part of the deal? He wouldn't be half bad there and Spurs fans (and Levy) would go apeshit :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Random thought that crossed my mind. With Berba needing shifting, maybe he would be part of the deal? He wouldn't be half bad there and Spurs fans (and Levy) would go apeshit :lol:
I have no idea what's Berba's feelings towards Spurs - but I'd say he's the type that wouldn't do that.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed these things.

I think our inability to score against Wigan and City at the end of the season has skewed people's perspective on our attack last season. People should remember that our failure in Europe was also down to conceding too many goals, not a lack of scoring.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

We were bedding in new goalkeepers, we missed vidic for almost half the season. Van Der Saar was a big loss as was Vidic obviously. As good as Evans was, you're going to suffer. In Europe, for me we were complacent. We also missed Scholes obviously for a large portion and struggled for consistancy because of Injuries to Anderson/Cleverly. Fletcher was missed. There was a lot of youth in the team.

Zen86

We should just play 11 strikers all at once, imagine how many goals we'll score then.

John_Jensen

We don't want your crusty seconds thanks.

Imagine Berbatov & Arshavin in the same team :nervous:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
At his age? Getting nowhere near the pitch?

How are we doing in terms of the 25-man squad? He may even risk not being in it.
If that was the arguement, then the same could be said about his attitude at United. He could have easily kicked up a fuss after the number of times he was dropped just so it could catalyse a move. I don't think age comes into it. Sure, he'd be thrilled for anytime of gametime - but if that was the case, then I'm sure he would have left by now; I wouldn't be suprised if he's simply rejected a few clubs this Summer simply because they don't tickle his fancy.

I'm going off-topic. Apologies.

With all that being said, I don't even think Arsenal would want a cash+player deal; and even if they did, they'd probably want a different player to Berbatov who I wouldn't say would fit in Arsenal's style of play. Well, I think anyway.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We should just play 11 strikers all at once, imagine how many goals we'll score then.
Rooney
Berbatov
Hernandez
Welbeck
Van Persie
Powell
Keane
Macheda
Bebe
Kagawa
De Gea

----------De Gea
Kagawa----Berbatov----Powell----Welbeck
------------Rooney------RVP
Bebe---------------------------------Macheda
------------Hernandez----Keane

Zen86

Rooney
Berbatov
Hernandez
Welbeck
Van Persie
Powell
Keane
Macheda
Bebe
Kagawa
De Gea

----------De Gea
Kagawa----Berbatov----Powell----Welbeck
------------Rooney------RVP
Bebe---------------------------------Macheda
------------Hernandez----Keane
Put Van Persie up front so he can get his guaranteed 30 goals a season

Anduin

How are we doing in terms of the 25-man squad? He may even risk not being in it.
GK (2): De Gea, Lindegaard
DF (6): Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra
MF (11): Carrick, Cleverley, Scholes, Giggs, Anderson, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Bebe
ST (4): Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov

Even including Berbatov, Fletcher and Bebe we still only need to register 23 players (born in 1990 and older).

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
so what????

what is everybodies big issue with giving people game time???? players earn their place based on ability and performance.

we havent had serious competition for places for a couple of seasons and its why we dont kill teams off. we are happy enough to beat a team 1-0 at old trafford because the majority of the startiong 11 will know that they'll be playing the following game.

lets look at this scenario, rooney and welbeck start the season as RVP and kagawa are settling in and hernandez has fallen behind welbeck. if we go 1-0 against everton next monday rooney and welbeck wont be to sit back and accept that. they'l be looking at RVP, Kagawa and Hernandez on the bench and they'l want to put 3 or 4 past them to make sure that they start the next game. equally if it is 1-0 after an hour and fergi puts on RVP and hernandez then they'l be trying to show in that 30 mins that they should start the next game.

in terms of minutes on the pitch its definatley a case of qaulity of qaunitity for both the player and the club.

if welbeck cant dislodge rooney, rvp, kagawa, hernandez from the team and is restricted to league cup football. tough shit. he'l get the chance if he doesnt take it then he doesnt play. its happened to players in the past and will happen to players in the future. rooney isnt exempt from that either. fergie himself criticised his complacency openly last year.

the players cant afford complecency next year or they wont start. the club cant afford complacency as we NEED to win the league back.

with RVP in the team / squad we have a far better chance of doing so. if that restricts welbeck/hernandez to 25 games, and means that rooney isnt first choice to start and finish every single game, then tough.

a common phrase used in football is "no man is bigger than the club" yet so many seem to think danny welbeck should be untouchable, given the chance to start regardless of form so that he develops. the same people are crying out for a midfielder. what about cleverley and andersons chance to develop?
Your grammar and punctuation may not have improved but your posting certainly has.
As far as I can see there are no grammatical errors in that post, apart from maybe if we go 1-0 against everton where he's missed out 'up' - a fairly standard slip in a message-board post.

Cina

As far as I can see there are no grammatical errors in that post, apart from maybe if we go 1-0 against everton where he's missed out 'up' - a fairly standard slip in a message-board post.
theres an awful lot of punctuation missing though, thats totally unacceptable and something id never do and its something nobody should be allowed do

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Rooney and RvP would be the best most frightening forward line in Europe.

Still feel we need that one superstar in CM to really push the CL but who l knows.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
But but David Johnson got the call from Man United player you know and he said RVP's gonna sign by this time tmz...Wait, it was the day before yesterday. Anyway, he's always spot on you know...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Some very well connected journalist on twitter is saying Utd won't match Arsenal valuation for RVP.
Every year, we watch some of our young/fringe players get sold for a million or two, sometimes more, and this alone adds up to a decent sum...yet when one of the world's best strikers becomes available we're not willing to pay a little extra? Never mind the talk of 'value', it'll be a bloody joke if we pull out of this deal. At some point, the management/board have to accept the way the modern market is, no matter how escalated prices are.

SATA

Some very well connected journalist on twitter is saying Utd won't match Arsenal valuation for RVP.
Not trusting the source whatsoever, but imo if United want the player, they should pay up even if it means having to top up a few more million quid. Otherwise shut up and move on. This has caused us to lose a few targets for a number of years

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Not trusting the source whatsoever, but imo if United want the player, they should pay up even if it means having to top up a few more million quid. Otherwise shut up and move on. This has caused us to lose a few targets for a number of years
Yeah but how many players have we signed for a few million pounds less than the opposing teams value by being stubborn?

SATA

We don't seem to have much qualms shelling out 18-20m for Ashley Young last year who also incidentally had a year left on his contract. Now if we fork anywhere near that amount to v.Persie who's a much better player, we'll get the man

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
It appears that he's only interested in joining United and therefore Fergie will try to pay the minimum he can get away with.

Wenger wants the maximum he can squeeze out of the deal. Neither side is in any great rush as it stands.

All part of the game.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I believe capitalising certain words correctly counts as grammar!

EDIT: Or is that punctuation?
Punctuation is grammar.
Linguists don't consider punctuation part of grammar. It's true that the lay use of the word often includes punctuation... but the point is that I'm Always Right separated the two, with the implication that ben_foster's post was riddled with syntactic as well as spelling and punctuation errors, when in fact there were virtually none of the former (though admittedly tons of the latter).

Status
Not open for further replies.