Robinho sentenced to 9 years for involvement in sexual assault

Santos J

I'd link but the only English one I can find now is from the Sun but yeah, fecking hell.

Happened in Milan in 2013 with 5 others apparently.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Horrible, and he's not even gonna go to jail unless the brazilian governemnt decides to hand him over, which they probably won't

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Holy hell. I wonder if he'll be extradited - there was all that anger about Brazil's refusal to extradite Cesare Battisti.

manutddjw

He just can’t go to Italy. I know here in Canada there’s an arrest warrant for that Piazon guy whose probably still on Chelsea’s books.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
How do you get 9 years for that?
From what I can see, he’s been convicted of rape which last time I looked was a very serious offence.

Not sure how it all works with him being convicted in his absence though and whether he would have had someone in court representing him or not.

Way back when he was at City, there was an allegation of sexual assault (it might have been rape come to think of it) at a Leeds nightclub made against him but nothing ever came of it and the general assumption was that it was a false allegation. Makes me wonder in light of this news whether there was something in it after all.

mu4c_20le

That is pretty shocking if true, and not that i don't believe the victim, but i don't have much faith in the Italian authorities after how they handled the Meredith Kurcher case.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He just can’t go to Italy. I know here in Canada there’s an arrest warrant for that Piazon guy whose probably still on Chelsea’s books.
Or any country with an extradition agreement in place, which I suspect would be most of Europe.

There was this footballer in Uruguay who also had a warrant from Italy and always got injured for games in Bolivia as the moment he set foot there they would ship him off.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The charges against Piazon were dropped nearly 2 years ago.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How do you get 9 years for that?
Do we know any of the details yet? The article doesn't mention anything, but assault could be anything from grabbing her ass to outright rape couldn't it?

I'm guessing they don't give you 9 years for nothing though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Do we know any of the details yet? The article doesn't mention anything, but assault could be anything from grabbing her ass to outright rape couldn't it?

I'm guessing they don't give you 9 years for nothing though.
Group sexual assault. Means gangrape or attempted gangrape

Classical Mechanic

From what I can see, he’s been convicted of rape which last time I looked was a very serious offence.

Not sure how it all works with him being convicted in his absence though and whether he would have had someone in court representing him or not.

Way back when he was at City, there was an allegation of sexual assault (it might have been rape come to think of it) at a Leeds nightclub made against him but nothing ever came of it and the general assumption was that it was a false allegation. Makes me wonder in light of this news whether there was something in it after all.
There were loads of rape allegations against football players in that era: Ronaldo, Jonny Evans, Van Persie to name but three, none were convicted but in light of modern times it makes you wonder.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
In todays age you have to be so careful. I remember someone telling us that once. Because there was a guy up in court for rape in my area. Basically a he said/she said case with drink involved.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
There were loads of rape allegations against football players in that era: Ronaldo, Jonny Evans, Van Persie to name but three, none were convicted but in light of modern times it makes you wonder.
Maybe you're right, maybe it's because we have more press coverage.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why would Brazil not hand him over? Surely they'd have to oblige whoever it is

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't get footballers. They probably have a big pick oft girls that would Shag them but they want to gangrape instead... Baffling.

If it's true, hope the cnut goes to jail and have to hold t-bag's pocket.

Plato

They would only have to oblige if they had an extradition treaty with Italy.

Loads of countries don't have extradition treaties. For example, one of Britain's most famous criminals, Ronnie Biggs, spent decades in Brazil living a playboy lifestyle. Spain had an extradition treaty with the UK but suspended it due to some political disagreement, so many of Britain's most wanted criminals fled there.

redahair

Hmm maybe your onto something here. it was the space nightclub inciddent in 2009.he was arrested then released maybe paid some hush money somewhere.what gets me is hes steaming rich and will hardly struggle for attention.why on earth does anyone stoop so low the mind boggles.

Dir Wangem

In todays age you have to be so careful. I remember someone telling us that once. Because there was a guy up in court for rape in my area. Basically a he said/she said case with drink involved.
If I'm not mistaken, more than 90% of people who are accused of rape walk free. Generally when it's a case of "he said/she said", it will not count as sufficient evidence.

The "innocent until proven guilty" philosophy makes it incredibly hard to prosecute rapists, unfortunately. Not that we could have it any other way, though. A society based on mob justice and/or guilty until proven innocent, is a much scarier society than what we currently have.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There's no extradition agreement with Brazil. We've spent the last 15 years fighting them to hand over Cesare Battisti, a terrorist, to no avail

Pagh Wraith

Personally I think 9 years is too much for rape considering murder only gets you around 20 in most countries. Also the court ordered him to pay the victim 60,000€ in compensation. What the heck? I think 3-5 years in prison and a high six- or seven-digit sum would be appropriate.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Look at Polański's case, been in Switzerland, Poland and other countries and nobody ever sent this fecking scum back to the USA. It's generally speaking okay to sexually abuse people as long as you're a celebrity, you'll get plenty of fecking nobodies alike behind you.