Robinho sentenced to 9 years for involvement in sexual assault

Plato

Personally I think 9 years is too much for rape considering murder only gets you around 20 in most countries. Also the court ordered him to pay the victim 60,000€ in compensation. What the heck? I think 3-5 years in prison and a high six- or seven-digit sum would be appropriate.
Share with us some of the details of the case, if you will.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
ñ
Look at Polański's case, been in Switzerland, Poland and other countries and nobody ever sent this fecking scum back to the USA. It's generally speaking okay to sexually abuse people as long as you're a celebrity, you'll get plenty of fecking nobodies alike behind you.
Aye, the amount of men and women who signed the petition for a man who raped a 13 year old girl was a real eye opener. Grief or not.

pauldyson1uk

Personally I think 9 years is too much for rape considering murder only gets you around 20 in most countries. Also the court ordered him to pay the victim 60,000€ in compensation. What the heck? I think 3-5 years in prison and a high six- or seven-digit sum would be appropriate.
WHAT !!! I bet you you would not be saying that if it was a member of your family.
3-5 years and some money is not even close to being a proper punishment

Kostur

海尔的老板
ñ

Aye, the amount of men and women who signed the petition for a man who raped a 13 year old girl was a real eye opener. Grief or not.
It's just a beginning if you ask me, more of those cases will pop up, more brainwashed sheeple will get behind those 'famous people' and then this kind of shit will get socially acceptable, and when it's socially acceptable, it's just a step away from changes to the law being made in order to make those things legal.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yes I wouldn't be saying it then. But this is a terrible argument and irrelevant.
When you reveal yourself to be a hypocrite, I think it's always relevant no matter the context.

Plato

As stupid as his post was, the "member of your family" line goes against one of the primary tenets of every judicial system in the western world.

Pagh Wraith

When you reveal yourself to be a hypocrite, I think it's always relevant no matter the context.
How is it hypocritical? If someone beat up my girlfriend in the street, I'd want him locked away for life. Doesn't mean it's the appropriate punishment. The whole point of having laws and a system of justice is that personal feelings and vengeance or retribution aren't the driving factors in determining the punishment.

Reactions: Theonas

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It really grinds my gears that this is pretty much the first anyone's heard of it in Italy. Happened 4 years ago FFS

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I'd link but the only English one I can find now is from the Sun but yeah, fecking hell.

Happened in Milan in 2013 with 5 others apparently.

Congratulations for not posting the link mate.

Fener1907

You violate somebody like an animal and you deserve to be locked up for a lengthy period. If it's being judged relatively according to murder sentences, then murder sentences need to be longer, not rape sentences shorter.

chris wilson

That's a strange thing to say. I wonder if you or a member of your family was the victim would you still be so liberal with your view?

Pagh Wraith

You violate somebody like an animal and you deserve to be locked up for a lengthy period. If it's being judged relatively according to murder sentences, then murder sentences need to be longer, not rape sentences shorter.
I agree. I would lock up all murderers for life (and I do mean LIFE). But five years in prison is lengthy period by anyone's standards. Think about what it would mean to actually to spend five years locked away from civilisation. I consider that an adequate punishment for rape, heinous crime that it is.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I agree. I would lock up all murderers for life (and I do mean LIFE). But five years in prison is lengthy period by anyone's standards. Think about what it would mean to actually to spend five years locked away from civilisation. I consider that an adequate punishment for rape, heinous crime that it is.
Keep digging, you might come out in the 60s in a few years

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Losing 5 years of your life to incarceration is not remotely the same as being scarred for the rest of your life, with a myriad of issues brought upon on your mental and/or physical health, by someone else.

Fener1907

Whatever length of time you decide and then some actually sounds good, as even if five years is seen as sufficient punishment (not to me), including more on top of that would give them time to develop some empathy about continuing to suffer when you want it to all just be behind you, just like the victims undoubtedly do.

AndyJ1985

There are so many incidents of rich/famous people sexually assaulting women these days. Seems this kind of thing is absolutely rife and has been for decades. It's disgusting and very concerning. I guess they think being rich makes them above the law.

AndyJ1985

You're making the very ignorant mistake of assuming money will make up for the psychological trauma victims of sexual assault experience.

Pagh Wraith

You're making the very ignorant mistake of assuming money will make up for the psychological trauma victims of sexual assault experience.
It won't. But 60,000€ almost seems like a drop in the bucket considering the victim might not be able to work for some time and how rich the offender is.

Pagh Wraith

3-5 years for rape? Jesus wept
The minimum sentence for rape in Germany is two years. We can argue if that is too low, but 3-5 years is much more in line with the law than the mandatory 25-30 years that have been suggested.

Theonas

Scout
How is it hypocritical? If someone beat up my girlfriend in the street, I'd want him locked away for life. Doesn't mean it's the appropriate punishment. The whole point of having laws and a system of justice is that personal feelings and vengeance or retribution aren't the driving factors in determining the punishment.
This is so eloquently put that I am going to steal it. The amount of times I hear this ridiculous argument "you wouldn't be saying that if it were your ...". It's like d'uh! Should we all just live in a society where decisions are made on the basis of personal emotional involvement. How far will that take us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So rare to see someone argue that rapists are treated too harshly. Caf gonna caf.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
There was one rapist in Ireland who got six or seven years. Gets out and violently assaults and rapes another women within weeks. If he had been put away for life, the second rape would not have happened.

Another guy called Larry Murphy got done for rape and is suspected of killing a couple of women. Got ten or twelve years and was released. The guy should have been put down for christs sake. Think he lives in England now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Other thing that pisses me off is the people who have a hundred convictions for robbing stuff and so on and who all seem to get suspended sentences. It should be three strikes and you are going away for a long time, like they have in America.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They would only have to oblige if they had an extradition treaty with Italy.

Loads of countries don't have extradition treaties. For example, one of Britain's most famous criminals, Ronnie Biggs, spent decades in Brazil living a playboy lifestyle. Spain had an extradition treaty with the UK but suspended it due to some political disagreement, so many of Britain's most wanted criminals fled there.
There's no extradition agreement with Brazil. We've spent the last 15 years fighting them to hand over Cesare Battisti, a terrorist, to no avail
Look at Polański's case, been in Switzerland, Poland and other countries and nobody ever sent this fecking scum back to the USA. It's generally speaking okay to sexually abuse people as long as you're a celebrity, you'll get plenty of fecking nobodies alike behind you.
All quotes citing their own examples. Feck me that's absolutely terrible. So he may well just get away with it despite a guilty verdict

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If he'd done this in England, he would've done 2 years and then be signed by a club the day after his release on a fat contract.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It's just a beginning if you ask me, more of those cases will pop up, more brainwashed sheeple will get behind those 'famous people' and then this kind of shit will get socially acceptable, and when it's socially acceptable, it's just a step away from changes to the law being made in order to make those things legal.
I read this and initally thought ' way too conspiracy theory ' but honestly observing patterns in other things it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Half the world is fecked, half is blind.
Nobody really has the means to do anything about it, we all get swallowed up by every other issue we have to deal with as humans.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Isn’t it the case that there is an extradition treaty between Italy and Brazil but that it’s pretty flimsy?

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Sexual crimes are markedly less socially acceptable now than they were a few decades ago.

Robertd0803

He just can’t go to Italy. I know here in Canada there’s an arrest warrant for that Piazon guy whose probably still on Chelsea’s books.
Why would Brazil not hand him over? Surely they'd have to oblige whoever it is
I dont think Brazil have an extradition agreement with Europe. Can imagine they wouldnt be too keen on handing over a Brazilian citizen either but Im in the realms of guess work there.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
There are so many incidents of rich/famous people sexually assaulting women these days. Seems this kind of thing is absolutely rife and has been for decades. It's disgusting and very concerning. I guess they think being rich makes them above the law.
Its the old school attitudes towards women that are passed from generation to generation that are to blame. If you're educated through one lens your entire life it can be difficult to open yourself to an alternative perspective, particularly if you're not looking for it.
Look at how common groping is at clubs and in schools on some occasions, some women report it, some don't. As with most things at the moment there's no real clear well defined direction that we're going in to rectify it.
There are some people that accept it as normal there are others who don't.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
This is so eloquently put that I am going to steal it. The amount of times I hear this ridiculous argument "you wouldn't be saying that if it were your ...". It's like d'uh! Should we all just live in a society where decisions are made on the basis of personal emotional involvement. How far will that take us.
It is a valid statement, but somewhat undermined by the fact he thinks 3 years is adequate punishment for rape.

SuperiorXI

Boo fecking hoo, these people are not human. 5 years is feck all, they should be drowned in fecking lava. People who have opinions like yours really unsettle me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Isn’t it the case that there is an extradition treaty between Italy and Brazil but that it’s pretty flimsy?
Flimsy enough that it might as well not exist. Basically the Brazilian government gets to choose what to do