Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Brophs

The One and Only
Have Chelsea….managed to somehow allow the British government to gain the moral high ground for once in their lives. Fair going.

facchiano

The documentary was pretty damming on Roman.

His entire wealth appears to be based on fraud and criminal activities. The links with the Kremlin are pretty obvious (both Yeltsin and Putin).
This documentary, is it available for us that don't live in UK? I don't know if I can watch BBC documentaries here in Sweden.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They would throw a fit, like a baby throwing their toys out of a carriage to get attention.
I get that, just not sure why it needed to be said, as I am sure Rashford and Lingard have travelled on a bus several times in their lives!

Someone

Something
There's a massive conflict of interest here if a Saudi group is allowed to buy Chelsea. This is a country where any private business can't survive without the blessings of the ruling regime. The potential shady shit that could take place between the 2 clubs is incredible. It'd be insane to allow something like that to happen.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I get that, just not sure why it needed to be said, as I am sure Rashford and Lingard have travelled on a bus several times in their lives!

Ahhhh. This whole thing about asking the FA to hold the game behind closed doors is not going over well on the Chelsea board that I read. People there feel that whomever made this decision is not living in the same world as the rest of us.

peridigm

I wondered what the big fuss was about with regards to travel costs. Are the players and staff not allowed to pay their own way?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Chelsea can't sell tickets for away fans and therefore want the game to be played behind closed doors :lol:

“We are aware of Chelsea's request to have Saturday's Emirates FA Cup sixth round tie played behind closed doors and find their suggestion both bizarre and without any merit whatsoever.
All concerned are well aware of the reasons Chelsea have been sanctioned and that this has nothing to do with Middlesbrough Football Club.

To suggest as result that MFC and our fans should be penalised is not only grossly unfair but without any foundation.

Given the reasons for these sanctions, for Chelsea to seek to invoke sporting "integrity" as reason for the game being played behind closed doors is ironic in the extreme.

We currently await formal notification from the FA of the next steps but rest assured MFC will resist Chelsea's actions in the strongest terms.”

The Ukraine invasion has seen many people tweet “feck off”. This Boro reply is effectively another one but they’re being polite

Last edited:

Zen86

It hasn't been a sporting disadvantage for City all these years, so I don't see why Chelsea are kicking up such a fuss.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

“We are aware of Chelsea's request to have Saturday's Emirates FA Cup sixth round tie played behind closed doors and find their suggestion both bizarre and without any merit whatsoever.
All concerned are well aware of the reasons Chelsea have been sanctioned and that this has nothing to do with Middlesbrough Football Club.

To suggest as result that MFC and our fans should be penalised is not only grossly unfair but without any foundation.

Given the reasons for these sanctions, for Chelsea to seek to invoke sporting "integrity" as reason for the game being played behind closed doors is ironic in the extreme.

We currently await formal notification from the FA of the next steps but rest assured MFC will resist Chelsea's actions in the strongest terms.”
Wow scathing comments.

Raw

"Given the reasons for these sanctions, for Chelsea to seek to invoke sporting "integrity" as reason for the game being played behind closed doors is ironic in the extreme"

Fecking brilliant.

diarm

Chelsea should spend less time worrying about having a few thousand fans at one game, and focus on moving their club into the hands of someone who isn't linked to a warmonger.
Ouch.

diarm

Why can’t they give tickets away?
I'd imagine it's less to do with now being allowed to give tickets away, and more to do with not being allowed to exceed the restrictions on how much they can spend on matchday costs (stewarding, security, food&beverage etc).

Infra-red

Excellent statement from MFC. This ludicrous request is the final straw - it's open season on Chelsea now. The club really must be run by some very stupid individuals.

matt23

:lol: Go on Boro'

Up there with when Liverpool and Spurs wanted tax payers to pay the bills for them

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty sure anybody buying a club for 3b will have this sort of money behind them?
Well, you could say that. Boehly/Goldstein/Wyss probably around 18-20 at most., combined. Not sure on Rickett's family, or woody johnson

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea

What a response from Boro.
That’s a great response in fairness to an absolutely ridiculous request.

I have absolutely no idea what rationale was used to make this request. It reeks of arrogance as there is no justifiable reason as to why Middlesbrough or their fans should be punished for sanctions being put upon us. How does this possibly impact Middlesbrough?

This request alone is ironically against the sporting integrity which was highlighted in the body of the request. Heads need to roll for this.

The sooner we get a new owner, the better. Squeaky clean please.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Not sure. According to this dude we're not allowed.
Bizarre if it’s purely a case of not being allowed instead of a financial reason.
Assume it falls under their broad thing about promotion/merchandise?
Seems harsh
I'd imagine it's less to do with now being allowed to give tickets away, and more to do with not being allowed to exceed the restrictions on how much they can spend on matchday costs (stewarding, security, food&beverage etc).
Wouldn’t those be paid for by Middlesbrough though?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
That statement is brutal. Whoever’s working Chelsea’s PR needs firing. Tone deaf.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That’s a great response in fairness to an absolutely ridiculous request.

I have absolutely no idea what rationale was used to make this request. It reeks of arrogance as there is no justifiable reason as to why Middlesbrough or their fans should be punished for sanctions being put upon us. How does this possibly impact Middlesbrough?

This request alone is ironically against the sporting integrity which was highlighted in the body of the request. Heads need to roll for this.

The sooner we get a new owner, the better. Squeaky clean please.
Well considering there are Saudi bidders for your club, this might happen sooner than you think... :nervous:

choccy77

Chelsea FC and their fans, "we are innocent".

Meanwhile, The 100% owner of said club, who paid for every trophy won in last 20 years, flees to Putin's bunker over night.

Ludens the Red

What a response from Boro.
Not sure who at chelsea thought that request would be a good idea. To be posturing right now is actually quite unbelievable and shows a disgusting lack of self awareness. What absolute cnuts they are.

klsv

If United behaved like this, it would take me some effort to keep supporting them. No self-awareness, embarrassing.

not sure of exact involvement, if the story is true of course, they are funding the takeover it claimed
Yeah but Citadel is a hedge fund. They'll make the Glazers look like a charity.

I also think it will be tough to attract proper investment when there is so much uncertainty about club ownership in the PL.

I Am Zlatan

I was sympathetic towards the fans about all this, but man, was I wrong about these cnuts, not all the same obviously, but wow..

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure who at chelsea thought that request would be a good idea. To be posturing right now is actually quite unbelievable and shows a disgusting lack of self awareness. What absolute cnuts they are.
Most, if not all, Chelsea fans in my group chats and even twitter timeline are saying exactly what you just said. Terrible idea. Tone deaf. Deserve every bit of the backlash.