Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

donkeyfish

This whole farce is a disgrace. Who killed the most, Blair/Bush/Obama or Putin? Who is the worst Russia or Saudi? There are bad people all over the planet, we can’t choose our favourite bad people, we have to make sure only good people prosper.
The point is that Russia is much of a concern for Europe though, which naturally raises more security concerns for the UK than the middle east.

This isn't just being a moral police, it's very much foreign policy. Bad people are more of a concern the closer they live to you, and the less they like you.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The point is that Russia is much of a concern for Europe though, which naturally raises more security concerns for the UK than the middle east.

This isn't just being a moral police, it's very much foreign policy. Bad people are more of a concern the closer they live to you, and the less they like you.
That's not what is happening though. It's not that the UK are just 'much more concerned with the Russians because it is bad people closer to home'. It's that the UK are completely and totally in bed with Saudis, an ally and a huge business partner. It is a corrupt government making corrupt decisions and even when they get decisions right, like here with Abramovich, it is almost always for the wrong reasons.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I was sympathetic towards the fans about all this, but man, was I wrong about these cnuts, not all the same obviously, but wow..
At both Talk Chelsea and The Shed End the fans are all thinking WTAF about that statement? Someone at the club took a shot at making a political statement about not being able to sell or give away tickets, I assume, and it was a terrible attempt.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don't think I have ever read a PR statement this direct and harsh. I love it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
At both Talk Chelsea and The Shed End the fans are all thinking WTAF about that statement? Someone at the club took a shot at making a political statement about not being able to sell or give away tickets, I assume, and it was a terrible attempt.
Shhh, don't destroy a good old tarring of every single fan session.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Even the CST are looking at Chelsea like ' bro what are you doing?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Really odd from Chelsea. Obviously things are a clusterfeck over there but even in that context it's an insanely strange decision to piss everyone off like this.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They've withdrawn the request now. No apology for making it, from what I've seen. I think there should be one.

Smithy89

Boro and Gibson put them in a spliff and now they’ve withdrew the request.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Party of ‘Personal choice’ and ‘Common Sense’ with a reputation for lying and getting to bed with Russians needs to stop wheeling out its Head cnut to lecture on behaviour.

He may be the only person on thinner ice than those Chelsea fans.

Djemba-Djemba

The fact Chelsea have been made to look stupid by this fecking useless corrupt incompetent Tory government shows just how badly they fecked up with that "sporting integrity" request.

diarm

Bizarre if it’s purely a case of not being allowed instead of a financial reason.

Seems harsh

Wouldn’t those be paid for by Middlesbrough though?
I think the two requests were separate. Chelsea couldn't be giving away free tickets for another teams ground sure.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Party of ‘Personal choice’ and ‘Common Sense’ with a reputation for lying and getting to bed with Russians needs to stop wheeling out its Head cnut to lecture on behaviour.

He may be the only person on thinner ice than those Chelsea fans.
It's funny that the government said that because the government also said this

“Chelsea should spend less time worrying about a few thousand fans at one game, and focus on moving their club into the hands of someone who isn’t linked to a warmonger.”

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Has this already been posted?

The document contains details of another rigged auction two years later, involving a Russian oil company called Slavneft.
Mr Abramovich formed a partnership with another firm to buy Slavneft, but a rival Chinese company was planning to bid almost twice as much.
Many powerful people - from the Kremlin to the Russian parliament - would have stood to lose out if the Chinese won the auction.

The document says that a member of the Chinese delegation was kidnapped when they arrived in Moscow for the auction.
"CNPC, Chinese company, a very strong competitor, had to withdraw from the auction after one of its representatives was kidnapped upon arrival at Moscow Airport and was released only after the company declared its withdrawal."

The kidnapping story is backed up by independent sources who did not know about the document.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60736185

UnrelatedPsuedo

It's funny that the government said that because the government also said this
This government is like one of those shapes or objects that can only exist as a thought exercise or virtually.

Looks like an actual thing, but actually not real in any way, shape or form. They are somehow wrong on both sides of every issue. They’re a collection of human paradoxes.

I don’t side with many of the nonsensical Chelsea fans as they’re emotionally compromised. But even I wouldn’t wish this government on you at this time.

UnrelatedPsuedo

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal

Chelsea can't sell tickets for away fans and therefore want the game to be played behind closed doors :lol:
Chelsea completely missing the point about the cups helping lower league teams finance themselves

I reckon Middlesborough are missing a trick not trying to sell tickets directly to Chelsea fans as a comprimise, although maybe they can sell out with home fans for a cup match

Kag

Boro win the award for best club statement of the decade with that one. So hilariously informal and scathing. Brilliant.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Can't wait for @Rajiztar 's take on this one. Gonna be pure gold.
Sorry mate bit late have to finish of evening shift for my friend . I think this is well thought out strategy by club to apply closed door game for game integrity. Yes it appears a PR disaster but club had to take the hit for strategic move.

In few weeks time after international break pl games will come thick and fast. Clubs visit the bridge may complain about the same integrity issue because we can't sell any ticket to away fans so they will not able to support their team.

Recent reports suggests club officials talked with government.Government assured they will look into the ticket sales problem because it affects away fans from other teams and integrity of the game.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Well if that is the case, then it may end up being another Saudi owner.
I still think itll be Boehly, but after the comments from Nigel Huddleston, id be surprised if the UK Govt did block a Saudi bid anyway...

Saudi's have highest bid, if they have indeed bid that is, 2.7bn.

Huddleston:
"Saudi Arabia is an important partner of the UK in investment, intelligence and culture. We welcome Saudi Arabian investment. Many, many jobs in the UK are dependent on our relationship with the Saudis”

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

TheReligion

Abusive
I think pretty much every Chelsea fan just wants a quick sale and to move on at this point. The club needs to start distancing itself from Abramovich really. Taking down the banners at the bridge and the fans stopping singing about him would be a start.

I wonder if things are already changing behind the scenes given they are usually quite a slick operation? At the moment they seems to be getting just about everything wrong.