Romano : Ole Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

It's just an interim till they hire a permanent. I won't worry that much.

I doubt they will complete the season.
I could put up with it for a bit longer IF they got some EXPERIENCED coaching to work with them

Real Name

Jesus Fletcher Carrick will be just interim or you want the board to just jump on the 1st available manager, like Rodgers. Although he's on contract of course.

dal

Fletcher stays regardless however I’d like us to keep one of them, even if it’s only for a riding over period. McKenna is actually a very very good coach maybe he needs a different steer.

It would be interesting to see what a new manager does with Ronaldo, he either works hard (if he can) or he may not play.

Snafu17

Assistant manager taking over until a replacement is found, be it permanent or interim, is not a big issue, it happens pretty much everywhere in football, especially when there's a game to play in a couple of days. The issue is sacking your manager right after an international brake, when you've had plenty of time to make the transition a lot smoother.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
We are in the worst state we have ever been post Fergie. What are you guys talking about? :houllier:
If we really do get Fletcher in now it's going to get even worse. We need a real manager an not another one of Fergie's son's in charge. This is fecking terrible. I won't even want him to win any games out of fear that the board might give him a full time contract. It couldn't get any worse.
"....post Fergie"!!

News for you, he is still here and he is still making decisions (the problem is, football has moved on and they are not working).

Let us play what might have happened for a minute: what might have happened if Ronaldo hadn't come - yes I know he has scored goals - but his return has caused multiple problems elsewhere in the team. We don't know why, perhaps his massive presence has undermined the manager, perhaps his massive wages have pissed off some of the other players.

Did Ole lose the dressing room or was the dressing room disrupted by signing such a massive player?

Without Ronaldo the team might be functioning as a team, not a messed up bunch of individuals who obviously have underlying and deep-seated issues. They might be 10 points better off and right in the mix....

And who facilitated that signing? Sir Alex Ferguson.

A really good next manager for Man Utd. would be Roberto Mancini, proven winner, PL experience, takes no sh*t.... but I bet he doesn't come because SAF will never allow it, due to events of 2012. Mark my words.

ti vu

"....post Fergie"!!

News for you, he is still here and he is still making decisions (the problem is, football has moved on and they are not working).

Let us play what might have happened for a minute: what might have happened if Ronaldo hadn't come - yes I know he has scored goals - but his return has caused multiple problems elsewhere in the team. We don't know why, perhaps his massive presence has undermined the manager, perhaps his massive wages have pissed off some of the other players.

Did Ole lose the dressing room or was the dressing room disrupted by signing such a massive player?

Without Ronaldo the team might be functioning as a team, not a messed up bunch of individuals who obviously have underlying and deep-seated issues. They might be 10 points better off and right in the mix....

A really good next manager for Man Utd. would be Roberto Mancini, proven winner, PL experience, takes no sh*t.... but I bet he doesn't come because SAF will never allow it, due to events of 2012. Mark my words.
Or they would be in even worse position. Ronaldo didn't create more mess than the benefit he brings. The shite level of performance from this team is usual. Result finally catching up to it. That's it. Without Ronaldo, we may as well on the verge of dumped out of CL by now.

NK86

"....post Fergie"!!

A lot of hypothetical bs based on zero evidence. The only evidence we have is Ole was crap. Last 1.5 seasons before this one he was bailed out regularly by the likes of Bruno/Rashford/Cavani and this season a lot of times by Ronaldo. But yeah, let's blame a player who has almost single-handedly still kept us in the CL reckoning as the cause of our current issues.

There are people who call Ole out folks as the toxic fanbase when I see posts like these blaming everyone and everything except Ole as the root of our problems.

MDFC Manager

"....post Fergie"!!

The earth is flat and 5G is to remote control humans. Right?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"....post Fergie"!!

One more post to moan about SAF, man you are obsessed :lol:

NK86

It shouldnt be like this.Thanks Ole, you have done what you were expected to do. Best of luck.
Did his job description include getting mauled 5-0 by Liverpool at home and not winning anything in 3 years? If so, I am not sure why is he even getting sacked.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Thank god hes gone, he was never right even when he walked through the door he wasnt the right character for the job.

Zidane will be favourite to take over which I think will happen.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If this turns out to be true, there is no word to describe this board ineptitude. I meant it's not like players just sick of Ole like Mourinho, and stopped playing for him.

Ole is just out of depth so whatever he ( his coaching staff which include Carrick, and to some extend Fletcher) does, it doesn't work even if the players follow the instruction to the T. Sacking Ole, to continue with similar coaching approach (United Way or whatever label it is), is definition of shit throwing onto the wall approach.
I don't even know how to feel anymore about the club. Changing Ole was needed, just like it was needed with Mourinho, LVG and Moyes.
All sackings made sense but what next ? I cannot personally disassociate Ole from Carrick/McKenna/Fletcher.
If the main man goes, the rest should feck off too.

kitress

"....post Fergie"!!

Now this is farcical. You're blaming Ronaldo who's single-handedly keeping us in the CL? What is wrong with you!

The whole world is laughing at us for precisely one reason -- our woefully inept manager. That's the blame right there.

We are performing like how did in the first halves of last season, losing and losing and losing, except there are no more second-half comebacks. We habitually lost in the first half last season because our coaching was poor and the tactics were shit. Only when the players took matters in their own hands and went on their individual brilliance in the second half that we got bailed out. Well, that kind of performance is not sustainable and here we are.

Ixion

He should never have gotten the job. Let us not experiment again with people because of their playing career. The moment we handed out new contracts to Jones, Young etc. after he'd been here 5 minutes had me really worried the club was taking a massive step backwards, giving Young the captaincy, and that sort of mentality has been really unhealthy for the club and showed Ole did not have the right mentality but it was masked constantly by this he knows the United Way idea.

This current run is worse than any under LVG or Jose and the players seem to have regressed tactically and mentally and I really hope some top level coaches can get them back quickly otherwise I think we're in a worse position right now than when either of those two left us.

Last edited:

Daengophile

I sometimes wonder if the Glazer hierarchy lets loose these rumours to guage the reaction.

Poor management if so....

Despicable

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
If we don’t have anyone lined up, and are just gonna go with carrick-fletcher, why not act after Liverpool or city. This club is so frustrating.

izec

We are so badly run, sweet Jesus. Fletcher winning the next 3 games would make him a candidate for the job i bet.

Posters thought that we werent sacking him, because we were looking for replacements behind the scenes. No, we did feck all. A full month since the Liverpool defeat. We dont even have an interim and are now scraming around. Are we lead by a bunch of teenagers? What is going on? A shambles from start to finish. If we wouldnt be so rich, we'd be in the Championship by now.

Gopher Brown

We need a proper manager til the end of the season to give the utter fools on the board to attempt to get their shit together.

Give it Brucey til the end of the season. There will be no CL anyway, but with Fletch and Carrick in charge we’ll finish in the bottom half.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Did anyone ask the following question in this thread yet?

What about the person who decided to renew Ole contract at the beginning of the season?

I meant if that person is not accounted for his mistake, he can continue to make horrible decision with next hiring even now that Ole is sacked
Bumped his thread yesterday; if he's part of this hiring or selection process, it just goes to show that the Glazers have no business nous whatsoever.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Parted company without asking the money of the rest of the contract, would be a great gesture
No sane human would turn down that pay check, these takes do often confuse me

We need a proper manager til the end of the season to give the utter fools on the board to attempt to get their shit together.

Give it Brucey til the end of the season. There will be no CL anyway, but with Fletch and Carrick in charge we’ll finish in the bottom half.
Fletch/Carrick are more than likely going to be in charge a week, 2 weeks at most

Gopher Brown

No sane human would turn down that pay check, these takes do often confuse me

Fletch/Carrick are more than likely going to be in charge a week, 2 weeks at most
Yeah, but what will happen is we’ll make a rushed appointment without thinking it through and give him a 3 year contract, which gives our rivals time to snap up all the good managers again.

slored1

All players with a clean slate now. We might get a proper manager that knows how to get the best out of Maguire, Shaw, Sancho, Van de Beek, etc.

Ole is one of the most inept people in the whole league. Our team is not this bad.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If we don’t have anyone lined up, and are just gonna go with carrick-fletcher, why not act after Liverpool or city. This club is so frustrating.
Zidane is coming, they wont have nobody lined up.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
You seem to confuse what a forum is. Its a place where you share your opinion.

Are you really someone whose instinct is to go after people instead of contributing something worthwhile?
There you go again with proposing a fake advisarial view point. I'm not going to fall for it mate, I am absolutely for people having different opinions. Always have been

crossy1686

career ending
Good news. Although the Carrick- Fletch interim talk is worrying.
I think it's short term, like the next two games until they can find an actual interim manager to see out the season. Fletch and Carrick until the end of the season spells top 6, hopefully everyone is aware of that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We had the international break vut only yesterday they took a decision. Bunch of idiots really

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We are in the worst state we have ever been post Fergie. What are you guys talking about? :houllier:
If we really do get Fletcher in now it's going to get even worse. We need a real manager an not another one of Fergie's son's in charge. This is fecking terrible. I won't even want him to win any games out of fear that the board might give him a full time contract. It couldn't get any worse.
It’ll literally be for a few games, and won’t want him to win any games. :lol: crikey man this forum.

TheLiverBird

Is it me or are people jumping the gun.I cannot find or see any official announcement from the club yet.
I think there’s any jumping the gun from fans perspective

It’s as obvious as grass being the colour green

Ole will be getting sacked in a matter of hours

Journo’s are just jumping the gun on the obvious to make them look credible

Godfather

We had the international break vut only yesterday they took a decision. Bunch of idiots really
And now Fletch needs to take over as we still haven't figured out a replacement for Ole. This board is comedy gold

Status
Not open for further replies.