Romano : Ole Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I had a feeling this would be his final game.

After the reports that players no longer want to play under him were published I wasn't surprised they didn't care today.

Why the board didn't find a replacement during the international break that I can't understand..

I just hope they will find somebody who will revive this season as it's not too late.
what reports mate?

Giggsy13

He's left us? He? Did he buy those players with his own money? Did he unearth some unknown talent? Did the players join us because we had Ole at the wheel and they would never join us with some other manager? What exactly was his contribution? What did Ole do that any other manager with 400 million wouldn't do? Because if you are just thankful that the team has spend 400 million in 3 years, we must remember that it wasn't Ole's money, right?
Ole is going to get sacked, get a grip. The squad is better than it was 3 years ago and a better manager will get more out of it.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Ole is going to get sacked, get a grip. The squad is better than it was 3 years ago and a better manager will get more out of it.
Squad is better because of the hundreds of mils pumped into it, albeit partially on some average players like AWB and Maguire. The bigger question is why the sacking has been delayed this much.

Giggsy13

Squad is better because of the hundreds of mils pumped into it, albeit partially on some average players like AWB and Maguire. The bigger question is why the sacking has been delayed this much.
The fact millions of pounds was pumped into the squad is a fecking good thing. Ole should’ve been sacked after the Liverpool embarrassment but what I don’t understand is the whinging over the money spent by Ole. Isn’t having a stronger squad than we’ve had in years a good thing? At least with the likes of Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Varane, Rashford, Donny, etc makes us an attractive destination for a better manager than Ole. Maguire and AWB could also improve with a new manager as well. This is a good squad that was being led by a manager out of his depth.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The fact millions of pounds was pumped into the squad is a fecking good thing. Ole should’ve been sacked after the Liverpool embarrassment but what I don’t understand is the whinging over the money spent by Ole. Isn’t having a stronger squad than we’ve had in years a good thing? At least with the likes of Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Varane, Rashford, Donny, etc makes us an attractive destination for a better manager than Ole. Maguire and AWB could also improve with a new manager as well. This is a good squad that was being led by a manager out of his depth.
Money spent on squad is good no doubt. But I wouldn't grade the spending in the past three years as top notch. Maguire for example. It was a desperately done safety first deal for a player who was never anything special. Fellaini Mk 2. Same for AWB. and the sacking should have happened after the EL final or maybe when good managers were available. We gave up on Tuchel, Nagelsmann etc just to see how things pan out. Does not work for me.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Finally. I hope we find good one even if it means we have to wait till summer.

Someone like Blanc as interim manager would be good.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Should have sacked him multiple times before. The man played for penalties in an european final against mighty villareal. Nevermind the liverpool game.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It’s really not a beautiful day, weird seeing fans say that, Ole is a club legend and has given is all, it hasn’t worked out for him but I’d say it’s a sad day to see how he was earlier and knowing we have to through this mew manager mill again. He may have had to go but it’s a shit day all in all imo
Ah you always have to remind non-legacy fans that soccer is more than a field sport. There is a culture associated with it. Going to a match with thousands of others, seeing the oppo fans, queueing at a gate. The stadium though it’s a big faded, still feels like a shrine, you feel priveliged to be there. There really are ghosts.

That’s why it’s shocking to hear the match going support booing Ole. Normally you clap. It’s manners.it showed low low we had fallen. Likewise of course we wish him well and will always cherish his on-field contributions.

Redfrog

That is 130 millions average but still average…depressing…we have the most expansive defender in the world who is a joke of a player and our worst captain ever…

McTerminator

Don't give a shit about him. He failed and was the most annoying manager post SAF by far, even surpassing the likes of Mourinho, which takes some doing.

And even if he initially was in it due to love of the club, there's absolutely no doubt that at the end he showed himself to be a leech just like the others. So thanks for pocketing an undeservedly huge amount of money for being shite, lying to and deceiving fans, and ultimately refusing to resign.

After what's gone down, he'll always have a massive Rooney-esque question mark under his legacy.
This post is an embarrassment, just how spoiled are we that this can be an accepted mentality?

is it spoiled to want Ole out? No, he has ultimately failed and needs to be replaced.

is it spoiled to hate a legend of the club who did a lot of good as a player and some good as a manager at a difficult time for the club? Yes.

stop with the entitled whining about a legend of the club who is already on the way out and focus on what he did right and what the next man needs to do better.

ti vu

Fletcher-Carrick as interim :lol: Oh boy
If this turns out to be true, there is no word to describe this board ineptitude. I meant it's not like players just sick of Ole like Mourinho, and stopped playing for him.

Ole is just out of depth so whatever he ( his coaching staff which include Carrick, and to some extend Fletcher) does, it doesn't work even if the players follow the instruction to the T. Sacking Ole, to continue with similar coaching approach (United Way or whatever label it is), is definition of shit throwing onto the wall approach.

el3mel

It's just an interim till they hire a permanent. I won't worry that much.

I doubt they will complete the season.

Dansk

I think the point he's trying to make is that while the squad has improved in recent years, it's not really something that can be attributed to Ole personally. Any manager will buy players. It's very unlikely that anyone signed for us because Ole was the manager. Ole's transfers weren't above and beyond what other managers could have achieved. Aside from Bruno, his transfers haven't really been a big success yet, and nothing indicates that Ole brought qualities of his own that single-handedly secured signings that we wouldn't otherwise have got. In other words, while the squad has improved in the last few years, it cannot be said that these improvements came because Ole Gunnar Solskjær was the one who was our manager. They came because the board chose to make the funds available, and any manager would have made equally good signings or better, and would probably have got more out of them.

Nothing indicates that Ole did an unusually good job strengthening the squad. He was just given a lot of money to make signings with, and many of them flopped or have been mismanaged to such an extent that they had no impact. Bruno has done very well, but he wasn't some surprise out of nowhere--he had been tearing the Portuguese league apart and other clubs were looking at him as well. It's not as if he was some no-name player that Ole dug out of some obscure mid-table team from Uzbekistan in some unique act of scouting genius. And no one in their right mind could possibly imagine that anybody who has signed for us in the last three years did so out of any particular eagerness to play under Ole.

Maybe if he had persuaded Haaland to come, it could have been said that it was Ole himself that made it happen, given their history. We could be managed by a sack of potatoes and still make respectable signings just because of the high wages and prestige (such as it is) of playing for United. Under Ole, we've not made any top-shelf signings of the kind where it makes you proud as a fan that the player would choose to come here. Pogba was our last marquee signing. Ronaldo doesn't really count, he basically volunteered to finish his career here.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope he'll take his mates with him. SAF should now enjoy his retirement for good as well. At nearly 80 years of age his job is to enjoy his wife and grand kids not ensuring that his former players keep clinging to some sort of job at the club.

ti vu

It's just an interim till they hire a permanent. I won't worry that much.

I doubt they will complete the season.
But, they may stay as part of the coaching staffs, and forced on the new manager because they "know the club, United DNA, United way..."

Ideally, since they're an integral part of Ole United DNA regime, they should be let go at the same time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hope he'll take his mates with him. SAF should now enjoy his retirement for good as well. At nearly 80 years of age his job is to enjoy his wife and grand kids not ensuring that his former players keep clinging to some sort of job at the club.
That's probably why we didn't go for Conte. He would have taken Woodwards head off for forcing Carrick, McKenna and all on him.

(feck knows maybe he's cool with with dort of thing)

Fletcher-Carrick will be funny. Expect Ole ball with those two.

devilish

Saucy devil ;)
:lol:

That's the trouble with trying to make political correct arguments using your second language. Seriously though, its time for SAF to retire. His football world is gone, he's been out of the game for 7 years and quite frankly he mellowed a lot in the past years. Prime SAF, the one who made a clean sweep of Atkinson's team and showed Kanchelskis, Ince and Hughes the door would have kicked Ole out of the office himself.

NK86

Any news on the remaining staff? If we are still are with them under a new regime, I don't expect too much to change in terms of performances unless the new manager is a very hands-on coach as well.

croadyman

Can’t wait for Gary Neville to bitch and moan about this
Expecting him to pull out if he had commentary duties for either the City or Spurs games today. Just don't think he will feel up to facing the music on his views about Ole sacked.

devilish

That's probably why we didn't go for Conte. He would have taken Woodwards head off for forcing Carrick, McKenna and all on him.

(feck knows maybe he's cool with with dort of thing)

Fletcher-Carrick will be funny. Expect Ole ball with those two.
Look I get why we didn't want Conte as long term. First of all his tactics aren't good for us. We simply lack the personnel to play 3-5-2 and this team is too good to be dismembered. Secondly Conte has his demons. Juventus gave him his shot at a top club as a player, as a captain and as a manager and he threw it all away because Juventus refused to match Chelsea's bid for Cuadrado. Then he went to Chelsea and got rid of that player. To speak in United terms imagine if Ole did well with us only to throw everything away simply because United refused to pay 50m on AWB.

What pissed me alot about Conte deal is that the guy was ready to sign an 18 month contract. That puts him within interim manager territory. There's no better interim then Conte.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
:lol:

That's the trouble with trying to make political correct arguments using your second language. Seriously though, its time for SAF to retire. His football world is gone, he's been out of the game for 7 years and quite frankly he mellowed a lot in the past years. Prime SAF, the one who made a clean sweep of Atkinson's team and showed Kanchelskis, Ince and Hughes the door would have kicked Ole out of the office himself.
Agree with you mate, Manchester United have a wonderful history but it’s time to create new legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.