Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not happy with this even though I don't rate him as top class. End of the day, he's a goal scorer and especially one that's good at bullying the avg teams. 3 pts vs City count for as much as 3 vs Pool and with the wealth of creators at Chelsea, can see him getting 15-20 in the league which will get Chelsea lot of extra points that Werner and Co simply couldn't.

I'd rather he stayed away from the PL.
:lol: cheeky one.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Bruno doesn't score agains't the top 6 sides either but you still rate him. 15 open play goals plus 5 pens lets say thats 20 goals thats only 3 off what Harry Kane got last season and he takes penalties too.
Keep on believing

TrustInJanuzaj

The same story at the beginning of every season.

And then when the league progresses, United fans finally realise they are not in the class of Chelsea and need to strength.
Aside from the fact we’ve finished above you twice in a row in the league and will do so again this season. A flukey champions league means very little.

Varun

Staff
The same story at the beginning of every season.

And then when the league progresses, United fans finally realise they are not in the class of Chelsea and need to strength.
When you say league, are you still talking about the real life one where we've finished above you in each of the last 2 seasons or is this some FM/FIFA season?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Aside from the fact we’ve finished above you twice in a row in the league and will do so again this season. A flukey champions league means very little.
Fergie would be having kittens if he reads this.

Adcuth

Had inter even fully paid for him? When do we get the rest of the fee we sold him for?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Love it he's not even signing yet and the Chelsea lot are using him to shit on one of our players :lol:

cyberman

Sir Alex consistently sacrificed success to build better sides, this rewriting of history to paint Sir Alex as a win any title at any cost doesn’t resemble reality.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Love it he's not even signing yet and the Chelsea lot are using him to shit on one of our players :lol:
Should check their posts on Lukaku when they thought they were getting Haaland :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sir Alex consistently sacrificed success to build better sides, this rewriting of history to paint Sir Alex as a win any title at any cost doesn’t resemble reality.
And he didn't do all that to have you gloating about finishing above Chelsea in less than a decade since his departure.

Do you think he took comfort in finishing above Liverpool when Arsenal went unbeaten? Do you think Real fans give a single shite they finished above Barcelona in the season just gone?

If you want to dine on being the biggest club in the country then part of that is embracing the expectations that come with it.

cyberman

And he didn't do all that to have you gloating about finishing above Chelsea in less than a decade since his departure.

Do you think he took comfort in finishing above Liverpool when Arsenal went unbeaten? Do you think Real fans give a single shite they finished above Barcelona in the season just gone?

If you want to dine on being the biggest club in the country then part of that is embracing the expectations that come with it.
You do realise SAF doesn’t post on here right? Are you saying Sir Alex judges the quality of sides based off of winning the CL or not? This is the man who took the harder way to beat Barca in 2011 by attacking them because he didn’t want Utd to defend their way to a European title. He was not a win at all cost manager, hence his youth development record. That is what made him great.
When Liverpool won the CL, Utd finished 3rd but comfortably above them. You should have finished 5th last season, the two seasons are scarily similar. Do you think Sir Alex viewed Liverpool as a better side or would swap 11s over what he was in the middle of building?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Menh this guy would be so fired up against us, If we can stop the supply to him I'm not worried as his link up play is pathetic to say the least.
He'll be a good signing for them, i always wondered why Ole sold him after just 6months in the job without giving him a fair chance.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He becomes the player with the highest cumulative transfer fee of all time. Say it out loud and taste those words as they leave your mouth. Romelu Lukaku is the player in the world that has fetched the largest total sum of money over the course of his career. Ever. Romelu Lukaku. Him. How?
Er, because it’s a meaningless statistic and just means he moved clubs a lot

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You do realise SAF doesn’t post on here right? Are you saying Sir Alex judges the quality of sides based off of winning the CL or not? This is the man who took the harder way to beat Barca in 2011 by attacking them because he didn’t want Utd to defend their way to a European title. He was not a win at all cost manager, hence his youth development record. That is what made him great.
When Liverpool won the CL, Utd finished 3rd but comfortably above them. You should have finished 5th last season, the two seasons are scarily similar. Do you think Sir Alex viewed Liverpool as a better side or would swap 11s over what he was in the middle of building?
I can pretty comfortably assume he didn't treat merely finishing above another side like it's a trophy, which was the whole point of my initial response.

But while you're here, out of curiosity, when does (in your opinion) Ole's 'progress' have to translate to silverware?

T_Model101

Does he still totally misjudge the flight of the ball in the air?
Or did the Italian doctors fix his eyes as well as his diet?

Judas

Open to offers
From the nonsensical cockiness of signing Haaland to spunking near enough 100m on Lukaku. He'll do well in the games you'd expect, but his overall play will be a negative.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
From the nonsensical cockiness of signing Haaland to spunking near enough 100m on Lukaku. He'll do well in the games you'd expect, but his overall play will be a negative.
Who assumed we were singing Haaland?

It was a clear no go from the off and even if it somehow happened we would have been a 2-3 year stepping stone on what is an obvious eventual path to Madrid.

That said I am a bit underwhelmed about signing Lukaku purely because of my belief in Havertz upfront.

TrustInJanuzaj

Didn’t really mean the champions league means little although my post does read that way! I more meant that a champions league one off win doesn’t necessarily indicate a team is on the up and can just be a one off triumph.

Unique1905

Supports
Chelsea

It was a clear no go from the off and even if it somehow happened we would have been a 2-3 year stepping stone on what is an obvious eventual path to Madrid.

That said I am a bit underwhelmed about signing Lukaku purely because of my belief in Havertz upfront.
Havertz isn't a pure 9, even the boy said it himself very recently, in his interview about Werner.

cyberman

I can pretty comfortably assume he didn't treat merely finishing above another side like it's a trophy, which was the whole point of my initial response.

But while you're here, out of curiosity, when does (in your opinion) Ole's 'progress' have to translate to silverware?
But he isn’t representing Sir Alex? He’s pointing out that Utd have proven to be a better league side than Chelsea for quite a while now. I can see why a certain amount of Utd fans are fecked off reading how Chelsea will finish above us time and time again over 2, coming on 3 seasons based on nothing. All that comes back are excuses. If it’s not a transfer ban then it’s Frank needing the time Ole has then it’s because Frank was shit all along now to half a season Tuchel. It’s about time Chelsea actually go out and prove it in the EPL.
I think he has to win the league. I see City struggling if they don’t sign Kane. Grealish on the left takes away a lot of goals and in a false 9 formation that’s a huge hinderance, especially if he hasn’t a striker to play off of.
Chelsea stand no chance with Werner and Lukaku against low blocks all season while Liverpool losing Sarah and Mane mid way rules them out.
If City sign Kane then it’s over but our attack is so well balanced with the creativity and amount of goals that we have so we should score ourselves out from a lot of tricky situations we have under a lesser Calibre manager. With Varane as well it’s only injuries that can excuse him.
Unless we somehow accept the fact that Ole needs a team that are leagues above others to win a championship then he has to be in a tight title race this year

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Definitely scoring against us

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz isn't a pure 9, even the boy said it himself very recently, in his interview about Werner.
He's not but false 9 is well suited to the modern game. The last two PL Champions and 2 of the last 3 UCL winners going down that route is testament to that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Too risky from a sheer numbers point for the club. Havertz scored 5 goals last season in the PL + CL combined.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Too risky from a sheer numbers point for the club. Havertz scored 5 goals last season in the PL + CL combined.
Ofcourse that looks bad in isolation but there was mitigating circumstances towards his troubles catching a bad dose of Covid and spending half the season under a manager that didn't know how to best utlisize him.

From March onwards he was fantastic.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m not overly excited about the signing but with a few more sells we can write it off.

Tammy will be off next for almost half of what Lukaku cost.

If he bangs in 20 league goals then he’s worth the money. Simple as that. He gives us a totally different dimension though and he will dominate most defenders for strength. I’m worried about his link up play though and his conditioning will need to be spot on under Tuchel who won’t be afraid to drop him. Risky signing but he will have the full support of the fans now it’s done.

It’ll be good to see him score against Man Utd though and revisit the laughter on this topic.

mu4c_20le

I’m not overly excited about the signing but with a few more sells we can write it off.

Tammy will be off next for almost half of what Lukaku cost.

If he bangs in 20 league goals then he’s worth the money. Simple as that. He gives us a totally different dimension though and he will dominate most defenders for strength. I’m worried about his link up play though and his conditioning will need to be spot on under Tuchel who won’t be afraid to drop him. Risky signing but he will have the full support of the fans now it’s done.

It’ll be good to see him score against Man Utd though and revisit the laughter on this topic.
Mate, Ings would get you 20 goals

mu4c_20le

Lukaku only scored over 20 goals once in the PL as well. His average goals per season in the PL is 16.
And in both his Inter seasons he scored at least 6 pens so they were both under 20 in the league as well if only counting from open play. The idea though is that he'd get better service, so same with Ings.

MalcolmTucker

And in both his Inter seasons he scored at least 6 pens so they were both under 20 in the league as well if only counting from open play. The idea though is that he'd get better service, so same with Ings.
Yeah, and during his time at Inter, Immobile outscored him by 9 goals which is a pretty big number over just two league seasons.

I doubt Chelsea fans would be getting pumped by hearing Immobile signing for 100m despite his numbers being better. Lukaku has been consistently overrated and it baffles me - think it comes from his early wonderkid promise and his physical attributes. The idea of Lukaku is much better than the reality.