Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What a joke of a player. If ever there was a definition for fraud of a player, it would be Romelu Lukaku. He's expecting Chelsea to take a massive hit on his £100m fee after just 12 months??

::sonny::

Inter players don’t want to leave, Inter are trying to convince Bastioni to accept Tottenham

Bastioni to Tottenham is the key, with that money, 60 mln, they can offer something to Chelsea for the loan + signing Dybala for free and Bremer from Torino for 25/30 million

Inter players don’t want to leave, Inter are trying to convince Bastioni to accept Tottenham

Bastioni to Tottenham is the key, with that money, 60 mln, they can offer something to Chelsea for the loan + signing Dybala for free and Bremer from Torino for 25/30 million

+ This move other strikers: Chelsea will sign a replacement (Tammy Abraham? maybe best striker in Italy in this moment)

Red Stone

What a joke of a player. If ever there was a definition for fraud of a player, it would be Romelu Lukaku. He's expecting Chelsea to take a massive hit on his £100m fee after just 12 months??
Chelsea have already taken the hit. They signed a shite player with an even worse mentality for a ludicrous sum. Every man and his dog could see it was a bad idea.

Him stinking it up at Chelsea for another season or two isn't going to improve his market value.

Wing Attack Plan R

So we'll find an acceptable figure between 0 and £100m and go from there, possibly a loan with a fee, or he'll be made to rot in the reserves. Got a contract till 2026, no wonder changed agent!

Chances of him playing for us again look pretty slim if that is true.
How about the MLS? He would find the raw athleticism beyond him but he’d be able to bully those defenses all day long.

Chelsea have already taken the hit. They signed a shite player with an even worse mentality for a ludicrous sum. Every man and his dog could see it was a bad idea.

Him stinking it up at Chelsea for another season or two isn't going to improve his market value.
Yeah, they signed him at 28 yo, now 29 and you don’t have a resale value for players at that age, are money “lost”

Who decided to sign him is to blame, I don’t think it has been tuchel or abramovich

Woodzy

Has he bulked up massively again since he came back to England? Maybe he just like Fish and Chips and Lager too much.

Has he bulked up massively again since he came back to England? Maybe he just like Fish and Chips and Lager too much.
With Conte had different diet, it’s strange that he didn’t understand nothing from the experience with Conte regarding the diet and not only.

The Red Thinker

With Conte had different diet, it’s strange that he didn’t understand nothing from the experience with Conte regarding the diet and not only.
Yes he’s the sort to point the finger at Chelsea and say, “you’re diet plan is shit! I’m 20 pounds overweight AGAIN in a World Cup year. Last time that happened I left!”

mctrials23

He always puts on weight when hes not happy. Same at United. Ridiculous that a professional footballer getting paid hundreds of thousands a week doesn't even keep themselves in decent shape for their job. One of the reason I really disliked him at United.

Of course he understands weight and diet. Hes a professional footballer that has always fluctuated wildly with his weight. He does this because he doesn't care enough not to. If he wanted to he could be on the best diet possible to be in the best condition possible. The only reason he isn't is because he doesn't want to be.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It does, but what I’m trying to say is that Lukaku isn’t a complete and total waste of a squad place even in poor form. He will always get you goals against shite teams which can be a valuable asset. It’s not one of those situations where a striker will go 20 matches without scoring a goal and is actively hurting the team.
In theory, yes.

In practice, however, he'll never be satisfied with playing/starting only (or even mostly) against shite teams.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I mean we could give them 60m for Bastoni, which they can return to us instantly for Lukaku. Deal done.

Seriously though, it sounds like this is a non-starter because Inter simply can't afford him. Seems like both Inter and Lukalu are just hoping for Chelsea to give in and allow him leave for a modest loan fee to prevent the situation from becoming truly toxic.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I mean we could give them 60m for Bastoni, which they can return to us instantly for Lukaku. Deal done.

Seriously though, it sounds like this is a non-starter because Inter simply can't afford him. Seems like both Inter and Lukalu are just hoping for Chelsea to give in and allow him leave for a modest loan fee to prevent the situation from becoming truly toxic.
I wouldn't let the fecker go for at least £75/80m.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't let the fecker go for at least £75/80m.
This is the thing. I think Chelsea accept that they'll take a huge loss on Lukaku, which is obvious considering we grossly overpaid for him to begin with. Bayern appear to be the only hope of us getting a respectable fee back and that's no more than a silly pipedream at thi point. It seems like Lukaku's choices are Inter or Chelsea but Inter can't afford him, so ...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is the thing. I think Chelsea accept that they'll take a huge loss on Lukaku, which is obvious considering we grossly overpaid for him to begin with. Bayern appear to be the only hope of us getting a respectable fee back and that's no more than a silly pipedream at thi point. It seems like Lukaku's choices are Inter or Chelsea but Inter can't afford him, so ...
Bayern aren't going to go all out for him. They're already going for Mane. He's still got 4 years left and is contracted to Chelsea until he is 33. That's a long time to be miserable. I have zero sympathy for him whatsoever.

Bondi77

I think I am right in saying he has generated somewhere in the region of 300mil in transfer fees????
Imagine how much it would have been if he had technique.

Yeah, the plan is to force the exit, breaking with Chelsea.

The situation has to become unsustainable, a toxic environment which favourite his exit

Lukaku said to Inter he is going to deal with Chelsea and he is going to come for free

It’s all a Lukaku idea, Inter are not interested to spend money on Lukaku they sold him and already have Lautaro e Dybala (maybe)

Inter says if your are coming for free it’s ok, but we don’t put money in this deal

It’s Lukaku that absolutely wants to come back, it’s not an Inter idea, this is evident just looking the interview released on December where he said “I come back now, not when I’m old, because i miss my friends barella e lautaro”

Last edited:

R'hllor

Tricky situation for Haram, he probably burned his bridge and got banned on Inter forum, Lukaku aint helping him one bit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bayern aren't going to go all out for him. They're already going for Mane. He's still got 4 years left and is contracted to Chelsea until he is 33. That's a long time to be miserable. I have zero sympathy for him whatsoever.
Where's Atletico Madrid when we need them? They've paid big money for Costa and Morata in the past to save us from being lumbered with unhappy strikers who want out.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
That would be a terrible idea. Nunez is more or less a young Lukaku in terms of playstyle.
Actually even we get rid of lukaku one way or other our board won't pay much for striker in this window. We should take the chance of havertz,Werner and broja to make the strikers unit.

Probably we bring in dembele as a wide forward maximum at this point. We will spend mostly on defence and wingbacks in my opinion. Add Gallagher,Gilmour,colwill and ampadu that's all the players make this season s squad.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Where's Atletico Madrid when we need them? They've paid big money for Costa and Morata in the past to save us from being lumbered with unhappy strikers who want out.
And lukaku will fit perfectly for simeone s style as well. With Suarez ageing they need striker of callibre of lukaku most.:).

Tavern in the town

He’s on massive wages and it’s pretty clear to everyone now that he’s a level below the elite strikers. He might as well do a Winston Bogarde.

Someone

Something
Chelsea can't allow him to go on loan after what they paid for him last year. If he wants to leave he needs to find a club to buy him.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Roberto Martinez still regularly calls up Benteke and Batshuayi for Belgium. Even if Luka stays on the bench all season he will still go to the world cup and possibly start.

marko goalo

Tricky situation for Haram, he probably burned his bridge and got banned on Inter forum, Lukaku aint helping him one bit.
Personally I think he should apologise to everyone he derided on the caf just because we didn't buy into his unbreakable and yet blindingly misleading belief in thinking Lukaku was some sort of footballing god.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Actually even we get rid of lukaku one way or other our board won't pay much for striker in this window. We should take the chance of havertz,Werner and broja to make the strikers unit.

Probably we bring in dembele as a wide forward maximum at this point. We will spend mostly on defence and wingbacks in my opinion. Add Gallagher,Gilmour,colwill and ampadu that's all the players make this season s squad.
I don't even mean from a team-building or resource standpoint - the dude literally plays exactly like Lukaku except he prefers the left channel instead of the right. If we are idiotic enough to buy a second high-priced striker who doesn't fit into Tuchel's system then all I can say is fecking hell.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don't even mean from a team-building or resource standpoint - the dude literally plays exactly like Lukaku except he prefers the left channel instead of the right. If we are idiotic enough to buy a second high-priced striker who doesn't fit into Tuchel's system then all I can say is fecking hell.
Hope you are right then. I hope we rather give try of Werner,havertz and broja striker partnership a go. Mean time give strength to other areas of pitch this window.

Obviously two defenders and wingback must and one wide forward to give variety in our attack. And we are linked with players like Kounde, gvardiol,dembele,dest all strengthen those positions we desperately needed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Ben Jacobs also reports Chelsea are apparently open to salary sharing which seems odd given we were told Lukaku was happy to take a 50% paycut to feck off back to Italy.

Needham

Question for Chelsea fans re Lukaku.
Why do you only ever sing one song?

GoldanoGraham

Greed took him to Chelsea,
Greed has made him lazy
Greed turned the Inter Fans against him.

Needham

Greed took him to Chelsea,
Greed has made him lazy
Greed turned the Inter Fans against him.
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Should also dig up posts from some of our fans whining when Chelsea signed him.
Best part was few saying he will make them PL favorites or contenders to win PL title. Such a simple reasoning, he scores against midtable and lower table clubs, Chelsea have good record against big clubs, so all they need is someone to beat these small clubs.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's an amazingly bad deal for chelsea. He's flopped at united and chelsea now, his limitations made plain to everyone. He's 29 and basically the finalised product at this stage of his career. His re-sale value to wage ratio is awful.

Think they are going to have to bite the bullet on this one. The only ones who would want him shop in a price tier several levels below what Chelsea paid.

GoldanoGraham

He is trying the same routine that got him out of Utd again now with Chelsea……difference is this time that his starting cost (transfer) is higher, salary much higher and now he is older.

His only hope is Inter as Chelsea would of only paid a small instalment of his transfer fee so far so there is potentially something in managing part of the loss in that process - as for wages then he will have to take a large cut. If Inter don’t want then he really is limited…..