Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
So in the end, he scored 15 goals in 44 appearances, 8 of them in the league (from 26 appearances), 1 of which was a penalty.

Let's see how the experts fared in their predictions from august:

So, how many goals will he get in all comps? Predictions please!
Season ending injury in his first PL game.
This is on me here, but I still don't get it with him. I just don't rate him that highly at all. I know someone can bring up his stats and the fact that he's scored 5 million goals, but he doesn't do it for me.

Just one of those players I guess.

Think he'll get 15-20 goals
Surely 25+
35 this season, 27 the season after then 18. You will then sell him to Spurs.
25+ goals in all competitions. I am however interested to see how many are decisive or winners, or in 'big' games.

Think this will be great for Werner though.
Chelsea were desperate for a striker and Lukaku is a great buy for them. He will get 25 goals this season and he rounds of a well drilled team, he should propel them to title challengers.
Prediction: 25-30 goals in all comps, some outstanding performances and some godawful ones (mostly in the biggest games) . Will be a good signing in a lot of ways.

No one's opinion of him will change no matter what he does on here :lol:
They should have signed a target man to play alongside Werner. Tuchel is making the same mistake Mourinho did if he thinks Lukaku can hold up the ball.

That being said, he'll score 25+ goals in all comps and the fee won't look so bad (until someone signs a superior player, seven years his junior, for €50m less next summer - hopefully that someone is United).
I genuinely do not think he’s gotten better, just the standard of opposition he was facing was lower. I think he’s going to look like the same Lukaku we sold.

He will score about 20-25 goals for the season. He likely will not score or be useful in most, if not all of the big games. In the grand scheme of things the goals he scores aren’t going to really affect their league position or how their season goes.

I’ll revisit this post at the end of the season to see how accurate it is.

My bet is that Chelsea try to sell him and move on to another striker in around two seasons.
Average player. Will get 15 in the league and 20/25 overall which again is nowhere near enough to justify carrying his shocking build up play. Pretty much solidifies Chelsea out of the title race too as there’s no way he scores against the top 6!
18 in the PL.

I'm stunned at this transfer fee . Huge fee in a Covid world and for Lukaku.
Just madness.
Will he take penalties? I'd say between 25-30 without penalties
His Premier League-record is 17, 15, 10, 18, 25, 16 and 12. His United-record wasn’t very impressive and little suggests he’ll break 20 league goals for Chelsea either. What happens in Italy is pretty uninteresting stuff, it’s a shit league. I would put him at 17-19 goals, but nowhere near what Kane is capable of playing 35+ games.

Paying 100M for a 28 year old and very heavy Lukaku is nothing short of insane. United-fans were mostly thrilled when he was shipped away for a big pile of cash, we all remember how he messed up attacks and made it difficult for other players to thrive. Have goals against Finland and Torino really clouded Abramovich’s judgment this bad? Feck me.
I think he'll get 27 to 32 goals.
Lukaku has to be the crappest "top" player in history.

It's amazing that someone who can't do some of the basics has made it so high.
However, we all know he'll storm 20 league goals against the fodder, and look absolutely clueless in the big games.
@BusbyMalone and @cyberman did well. @Cloud7 did not revisit his take at the end of the season.

Idxomer

He scored 15 goals, 7 of them have been against Chesterfield, Luton, Middlesbrough, Zenit, Al-Hilal and Palmeiras.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wait, there's no way i meant 25/30 *without* penalties. I definitely meant to write *with* penalties :D

So he scored a goal every 183 minutes with only 1 penalty. If he played the same minutes as last season with inter, at that average he would have finished with ~19 goals, but with a low number of penalties. With a more normal number, he would have cracked 25, like i predicted

I wasn't wrong! :drool:

:nervous:

swallow this bs please XD

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So in the end, he scored 15 goals in 44 appearances, 8 of them in the league (from 26 appearances), 1 of which was a penalty.

@BusbyMalone and @cyberman did well. @Cloud7 did not revisit his take at the end of the season.
Hey, mine wasn't too bad!
:drool:
Fail in the big games, crappest "top" player ever, can't do the basics.
All spot on

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I knew he was shite and hes managed to go even lower than my expectations. People said he was world class :lol:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Hey, mine wasn't too bad!
:drool:
Fail in the big games, crappest "top" player ever, can't do the basics.
All spot on
You said he'd "storm 20 league goals".

You clearly overrated him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You never actually made a prediction.
Smart of me.

In all honesty, I was against the signing from the start, I was willing to go again with Havertz and Werner, but there was a period after he was announced that I kinda got lost in the sauce, and I had begun to talk myself into thinking it could be a good move.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Have to admit, I also thought he would do much better.

He arrived at Chelsea as the best version of himself, absolutely bullied Arsenal on his debut, holding up the ball, dominating with his physique, lean and athletic.

Then, with every week of not being coached by Conte, he went more and more into the parody version of himself.
Incredible how little he took with him of what he learned in Italy, once the initial confidence surge wore off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You said he'd "storm 20 league goals".

You clearly overrated him.
20 should have been a given for such a flat track bully in that Chelsea team.
Some were thinking 25-35 which was crazy.

The Uncle of All Uncles

This guy is something else! A technically-shocking footballer, and I can't wrap my head around how he has so many career goals. I think he's basically shite, to be blunt.

For me, the moment I turned on him was in Dec 2017 when Utd played City at Old Trafford. If we won, we'd have gone 2 points behind them, but this lump of a donkey gifted them 2 goals and we slipped 8 points back and that was that.

mctrials23

This guy is something else! A technically-shocking footballer, and I can't wrap my head around how he has so many career goals. I think he's basically shite, to be blunt.
Good at being in the right place at the right time and is a decent finisher. Hes not as useless as we like to make out but he suffers from a fundamental issue when it comes to being an elite striker. He isn't aesthetically pleasing to watch. The top teams in the world and their fans want to watch players that are easy on the eye and Lukaku isn't that.

His numbers don't lie. Hes a good striker. His transfer fees don't lie. He just isn't nice to watch and needs a team to play a certain way to suit him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I get my predictions wrong so often I'm not even sure why I bother still making them :lol:

Cloud7

I make posts and I forget about them. I knew he would be crap when it mattered but I didn't think he would be so crap in the smaller games as well :lol: He even lost the one thing he was good at in his last stint in English football

cyberman

Was always going to happen, I only said 16 because of Chelsea’s easy cup draws.
He’a so painfully insecure that his talk of being up there with Lewandowski etc would have him crawl back in his shell when his form dropped.

Pintu

It’s not that stupid to predict he’d score 20 league goals. He’s done it before, scoring 25 for Everton… Vardy has been doing it regularly (it doesn’t make him worth 100M), it’s normal to expect Lukaku could do the same for Chelsea. Almost every single pundit made similar predictions, and it could have happened if he’d stayed fit and got to take the penalties. But stat-padding against Leeds and Norwich shouldn’t change much to the judgment over a player’s season. Scoring 20 goals doesn’t tell the whole story.

Irwin99

Well, I said 25 goals with some outstanding games and some god awful ones, especially in the big games.

...I got the god-awful performances bit right and that first game against Arsenal was a great performance to be fair, so was kinda right :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I still can’t believe he’s gone to two of the top clubs in the PL and the team who has used him correctly and got the best out of him is us. :lol:

Pintu

I still can’t believe he’s gone to two of the top clubs in the PL and the team who has used him correctly and got the best out of him is us. :lol:
You had a decent team back then... He'd look much worse in your current squad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You had a decent team back then... He'd look much worse in your current squad.
It was decent but it wasn’t better than the United, Chelsea or Inter Milan sides he played for.

Infra-red

This part of my prediction wasn't so terrible:

They should have signed a target man to play alongside Werner. Tuchel is making the same mistake Mourinho did if he thinks Lukaku can hold up the ball.

This part has aged considerably less well:

That being said, he'll score 25+ goals in all comps and the fee won't look so bad (until someone signs a superior player, seven years his junior, for €50m less next summer - hopefully that someone is United). :houllier:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Telegraph claiming Boehly has told TT he has full control over incomings and outgoings, and they'll do everything possible to get in whoever he wants and move out who he doesnt want.

So, I think Lukaku's hopes of going back to Inter have just increased.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair, he is made for bottom half football.