Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

wr8_utd

:'(
Conte knows how to set up counters as well as any manager, so he'll do very well for Inter.
Unfortunately Lukaku knows how to ruin counters more than most others.
His poor touch and passing was on display several times today and he's more likely to mess up counters. He'll need better service from crosses than they offered today as well.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thought he was pointing at his lungs as if he needs more oxygen...
:lol:

I like him as a character, I even don't care about his comments over the summer though posting the stats was poor. I hope he does well there and am also very happy we sold him as I think he limits the style of a team very much. I'm interested to see how he gets on with things in Italy. Non-existent first touch and terrible technique, though a decent finisher with plenty of pace and power.

It's not his fault we spent 75m on him. But probably the best transfer in the Woodward dark times recouping that money.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Are you guys going to follow every player we sold/were linked with, all season? Bruno, Lukaku, Longstaff FFS.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This thread is dedicated for Lukaku's performance at Inter, how is it obsession that people are talking about Lukaku's performance for Inter?

Next what? Moaning about people talking about Liverpool in Liverpool thread?

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The funny part are the Inter fans thinking they are getting the best out of us because he's scoring in that mediocre league. Just because he's scoring there, doesn't mean his production here would improve in any shape or form.

roonster09

Scout
To be the best team on the planet you need to win a Champions League at least, City didn't achieve even a final…. bizzarre.
Napoli have gave a lesson to Liverpool last year and Spurs have passed against Inter only for goals difference.
That's not true. No one thought Chelsea and Liverpool were the best team on the planet when they won CL except maybe their fans.

You should win CL plus your domestic league to be undisputed best team that year, else you just have to judge them by their league performance.

Liverpool and Madrid won last 2 CLs and in last 2 seasons they were not even the best team in their respective leagues.

edcunited1878

:lol:

I like him as a character, I even don't care about his comments over the summer though posting the stats was poor. I hope he does well there and am also very happy we sold him as I think he limits the style of a team very much. I'm interested to see how he gets on with things in Italy. Non-existent first touch and terrible technique, though a decent finisher with plenty of pace and power.

It's not his fault we spent 75m on him. But probably the best transfer in the Woodward dark times recouping that money.
Agree. His comments were blown out of context a little bit, but he wasn't the right player for United. Still a good player and his goals will be missed. United were going after Lukaku and Morata...haven't heard much about Morata, yet Lukaku arguably was a better at United than Morata at Chelsea.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Lukaku had a bad season last year. But why are people acting like no top striker had a bad season. People here really want to make last season his true level. He has produced for many years except last season. And he will produce this season again and we will hear how seria a is much better and rashford would get 30 goals there

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Watched the match today, he was fine that's it.

Ruined more attacks than he helped. Lecce was truly awful and makes me realize that top 10 PL teams would almost all be CL teams else where and even the bottom half PL teams might get europa elsewhere.

I think in the long run they'll realize they have to carry him instead of him adding anything for the team.

haram

How this thread will go:

If he scores, call the opposition shite.
If he doesn’t score, call him shite.

Meanwhile we will probably be shite ourselves.

Varun

Staff
Does anyone doubt he'll score goals? He's scored everywhere he's played, including us. It's his fit to the way he want to play that was the problem and why he was let go. Fully expect him to score 20 this season for Inter.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The funny part are the Inter fans thinking they are getting the best out of us because he's scoring in that mediocre league. Just because he's scoring there, doesn't mean his production here would improve in any shape or form.
That mediocre league had produced more world cup winners then the EPL would ever dream off. Inter has two strikers (possibly three) who are possibly better then our extremely overrated Rashy. Just saying.

Last edited:

haram

He managed 25 goals in a single premier league season.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He managed 25 goals in a single premier league season.
In that season he scored 10 goals against top 10 and 15 against bottom 10 of the league (Scored 7 goals against the relegated sides)
Against top 4 he scored 3 goals (2 vs City and 1 vs Spurs)
He is the definition of a FLAT TRACK BULLY

PaulRich

Scoring against newly promoted cannon fodder - lets see how he goes on against the bigger fry.

roonster09

Scout
In that season he scored 10 goals against top 10 and 15 against bottom 10 of the league (Scored 7 goals against the relegated sides)
Against top 4 he scored 3 goals (2 vs City and 1 vs Spurs)
He is the definition of a FLAT TRACK BULLY
You don't have to break it down. That season was exception for Lukaku. That's the only season where he scored 20 league goals. Except that his season tallies are around 15-16.

InfiniteBoredom

I presume that most of the people talking here only checked the result and didn’t watch him play, because spending time watching bloody Lukaku when he’s not even playing for your team is just incredibly sad.

He’s gone, let go folks. This will just be another Welbeck thread, and unjustified at that, because his relationship with us was purely transactional.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Where did he mention that? Can you post the link please.
https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/conte-brozovic-top-europeo-lukaku-icardi/amp/

It was the interview after the game yesterday.

That's not true. No one thought Chelsea and Liverpool were the best team on the planet when they won CL except maybe their fans.

You should win CL plus your domestic league to be undisputed best team that year, else you just have to judge them by their league performance.

Liverpool and Madrid won last 2 CLs and in last 2 seasons they were not even the best team in their respective leagues.
Good point. But to be recognized at the same time as “the best team on the planet” you should win or at least make a Champions League final. City are still winners on paper or football talk when it comes to dominate in the best competition on the planet

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Does anyone doubt he'll score goals? He's scored everywhere he's played, including us. It's his fit to the way he want to play that was the problem and why he was let go. Fully expect him to score 20 this season for Inter.
I'm just hopeful for a few comedy compilations. He'll score but I want my dose of fun :D

el3mel

He actually gave interviews like David Moyes which is why people starting talking about him again
Of course he's supposed to defend himself after having a poor season. I do not get what you people are expecting. Getting angry or salty because of that is still pretty weird for me imo.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
For Lukaku the move is probably going on to bigger and better things. He's in the CL again, under a proven world class manager. Got a hefty pay rise to go with it. He's probably better off there than he would be at United, even he were performing well enough to still be first choice under solskjaer.

Renegade

He’ll score goals there that’s never in doubt. That touch to set up the strike before his goal was nice.

Never the right fit for though. Happy to have to got most our money back.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looked no different than when he wore a United shirt, so that's reassuring.

Lots of poor touches, broken link up play - then skinned the defender out wide with some good acceleration and took a while to recover.

Scored a decent tap in from a nice following up of a shot (basic striker movement) but apart from that and a few crosses to his strike partner, really nothing of note.

He's having to work far less at Inter though which will suit him. When they lose the ball they're happy to sit back in a compact shape and leave the 2 strikers up front.

We desperately need a midfielder like Brozovic Btw.

roonster09

Scout
He looked no different than when he wore a United shirt, so that's reassuring.

Lots of poor touches, broken link up play - then skinned the defender out wide with some good acceleration and took a while to recover.

Scored a decent tap in from a nice following up of a shot (basic striker movement) but apart from that and a few crosses to his strike partner, really nothing of note.

He's having to work far less at Inter though which will suit him. When they lose the ball they're happy to sit back in a compact shape and leave the 2 strikers up front.

We desperately need a midfielder like Brozovic Btw.
He looked better than last season, he looked more like the 2017-18 version.

Untd55

Such a stupid idea selling him with no replacement. We are expecting Martial and Rashford, players who got in to double figures for the first time last season (10 each), to make up for Lukaku's goals (12) as well as score more, since last season's goal tally was not good enough.

I find it funny that people criticise him that he only scores against teams below the top six. We damn well could have done with that against Crystal Palace, but we only have a 17 year old Greenwood and James to rely upon.

People on here don't like him, but he will score a lot of goals for Inter Milan, guaranteed.

AlwaysRed66

I have never understood the hate towards Lukaku. He is a prolific striker, as he has shown throughout his career, but unfortunately he isn't a Man Utd one due to the style we want to play, & never should have been bought.

If only our other strikers, who many fans have a love in with, are as prolific, we might not be in such a mess.

roonster09

Scout
Such a stupid idea selling him with no replacement. We are expecting Martial and Rashford, players who got in to double figures for the first time last season (10 each), to make up for Lukaku's goals (12) as well as score more, since last season's goal tally was not good enough.

I find it funny that people criticise him that he only scores against teams below the top six. We damn well could have done with that against Crystal Palace, but we only have a 17 year old Greenwood and James to rely upon.

People on here don't like him, but he will score a lot of goals for Inter Milan, guaranteed.
Well we had Lukaku last season and he didn't score against Palace when we drew 0-0 at OT.

We should have signed replacement though, at least a RW if not CF.

I have never understood the hate towards Lukaku. He is a prolific striker, as he has shown throughout his career, but unfortunately he isn't a Man Utd one due to the style we want to play, & never should have been bought.

If only our other strikers, who many fans have a love in with, are as prolific, we might not be in such a mess.
In league, he scored more than 20 league goals once. His average is around 15-16 league goals, that's not prolific. And this is with him playing as CF every game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I presume that most of the people talking here only checked the result and didn’t watch him play, because spending time watching bloody Lukaku when he’s not even playing for your team is just incredibly sad.

He’s gone, let go folks. This will just be another Welbeck thread, and unjustified at that, because his relationship with us was purely transactional.
Don't get why it's sad? I've no interest in watching him personally, but it is interesting to see how he does.

Untd55

Well we had Lukaku last season and he didn't score against Palace when we drew 0-0 at OT.

We should have signed replacement though, at least a RW if not CF.

In league, he scored more than 20 league goals once. His average is around 15-16 league goals, that's not prolific. And this is with him playing as CF every game.
I was talking more about his goal scoring against smaller teams being criticised, since Crystal Palace is the type of team he scores against. Most of the teams in the Premier League are not top six, so it seems strange that people were so happy about selling him, when he is prolific against the lower sides, and not replacing him.

I would much rather him than the situation we have now.