Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not fit to lick let alone polish Lewandowskis or Suarez' boots. He's improving though.
I read that as Polish Lewandowski instead of polish Lewandowski first.
--
I still don't think he's tidy enough technically for a top team. He's still very young so time is on his side, but sometimes his touch can be absolute toffee.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
He scores goals. It's that simple.

He'd score loads of goals in a United team. Loads. No questions asked at all. 25 minimum, if he joined next summer.
Probably wouldn't contribute to a great passing game very much, and would really just be about the goals... but I can't think of many (maybe even 'any') other strikers who'd score 20-30 goals, without doubt, and aren't already at top European clubs.

Many like Kane, but I wouldn't bank on him scoring 20+ if he joined next season. With Lukaku, I would.

Edit: Not that 20 in all competitions is good enough. Ideally United (or any top team) should have a striker scoring 35-40 goals (25 in the league and 10 in other competitions). But I think 20 is the minimum Lukaku would reach.

Last edited:

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
His all-round play has improved dramatically this season. Some of his hold up play has been excellent and he is now using his strength to compete against defenders more. He's becoming a great centre forward who will probably sadly leave at the end of the season.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He's reached a new level of fitness. If you look at his body today he's a lot more fit than he used to be. He's always been strong and muscular. Now he's slimmer but has a lot more body strength. He also looks faster. That run and finish against West Ham was a copy of Michael Owen. Really impressive.

Devil may care

I heard it mentioned by some pundit/commentator the other day that PSG are interested in him.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Bit of a random bump...but does anyone think Lukaku would be perfect for us?

I'd imagine we'd have to fork out at least £35 million to get him though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably more like £45-50m. They got him for £30m themselves. Not to mention they were refusing insane figures for Stones too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Think his next league goal will be his 50th? The other players who scored fifty before they turned 23: Ronaldo, Rooney, Owen and Fowler.

Not bad company to be in, especially as he hasn't been playing with top teams.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really stepped it up this season, 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 league games is great. Improved his overall game that was an annoyance of his also.

Cee90

Really stepped it up this season, 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 league games is great. Improved his overall game that was an annoyance of his also.
So do you think there's any chance we can poach him off you? :angel:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Martial's future is up top so I can't justify spending that amount on him. Kane is different cause he's equally good behind the no 9.

Cee90

Martial's future is up top so I can't justify spending that amount on him. Kane is different cause he's equally good behind the no 9.
I'm not so sure Martial's future is guaranteed to be up top to be honest, I can definitely see him playing in this inverted forward / wing position for a while.

GloryHunter07

Bit of a random bump...but does anyone think Lukaku would be perfect for us?

I'd imagine we'd have to fork out at least £35 million to get him though.
Given the market, and that Everton paid £28m for him i think they would want £40m+

Status
Not open for further replies.