Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We appreciate a lot of players, then only seem to chase one at a time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Why the rush to replace Partey? Wasn't he the best DM in the league a few months ago?
Big drop in form in the last months, only 2 years on his contract @200k/pw with no intention to renew. And maybe the other thing.

croadyman

We should be targeting this sort of player then allows us more funds for a striker

Red00012

Appreciating him …a round of applause after the scouts and co watch a video of him?
Encore encore shouts Murtough

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
Big drop in form in the last months, only 2 years on his contract @200k/pw with no intention to renew. And maybe the other thing.
Its definitely the other thing.

Partey was one of our best players last season, and for the football Arsenal play, only Rodri and Caicedo (to a degree) can fill the role that Partey has filled for Arsenal this season. No other player can do the same job as our six.

Personally I dont think Arsenal can afford to let him go now. But I think there has been a call from higher up to move him on, as its not a good look. And losing important players like Partey and Xhaka at once, will knock our title chasing ability down a bit next season as its too much of a disruption and City are unforgivable as we all know. Yes, even with Rice and Lavia/Caicedo coming in.

Ideal situation for Arsenal... Rice + Lavia coming in, and Arsenal transitions away from Partey during 23/24. That would ensure continuity and evolution in one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We should be targeting this sort of player then allows us more funds for a striker
I don't think that's true. Targeting players like that Vermeeren and Diarra is how we do that. I can't imagine they'll let him go for less that the buy back clause city have.

The White Pele

Surely Arsenal don’t have funds for Rice, Havertz, Timber AND Lavia?

A Rice alternative maybe, although I read the other day that they wanted both.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
People take this “remain interested” shite way too seriously.

Ironically if it didn’t include us all you ridiculing the club would ridicule then for NOT being interested :lol: :lol:

onemanarmy

Surely Arsenal don’t have funds for Rice, Havertz, Timber AND Lavia?

A Rice alternative maybe, although I read the other day that they wanted both.
Yeah, that a 200m+ window. Rice 100m, Havertz 50m, Timber 30m, Lavia 20m? Would surprise me.

The White Pele

I think all the “interest” and lack of action so far on our part is probably driven by two things:

1. De Gea not yet accepting the reduced terms and therefore the club are contemplating a shift in priorities towards signing a new number 1.

2. Maguire now uncertain on whether he wants to move on and therefore we have held back from committing fully to negotiations with Kim Min-Jae.

Also the underlying issue of uncertainty on our budget due to delay in the takeover process and dependency on outgoings.

A bit speculative on my part but from all the noises over the last few weeks these would seem to be the key factors.

daba

People take this “remain interested” shite way too seriously.

Ironically if it didn’t include us all you ridiculing the club would ridicule then for NOT being interested :lol: :lol:
I think the issue we have is that we’re supposedly keeping tabs on every player without actually making a move.

You could blame the takeover, but it’s the same every window.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We’ll keep monitoring and understanding while other teams challenge for the league and we loiter around 4th. Nothing will change till we get the parasites out and reset the way the club is run

davidmichael

I won’t pretend to know for sure as I don’t follow Arsenal unless it involves United but weren’t they on the FFP watch list ? If so there’s no way they’re paying £70 million for Havertz, £100 million on Rice, £50 million on Timber then signing Lavia who’d be at least £35 million and take their spending past £250 million.

I’d imagine Lavia is a Rice alternative as West Ham are pricing Rice out of a move there with their valuation, Lavia looks to have potential to be a brilliant player although it’s mostly potential whereas I’d prefer Rice at United as he’d be a partner for Casemiro then long term replacement going forward.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I won’t pretend to know for sure as I don’t follow Arsenal unless it involves United but weren’t they on the FFP watch list ? If so there’s no way they’re paying £70 million for Havertz, £100 million on Rice, £50 million on Timber then signing Lavia who’d be at least £35 million and take their spending past £250 million.

I’d imagine Lavia is a Rice alternative as West Ham are pricing Rice out of a move there with their valuation, Lavia looks to have potential to be a brilliant player although it’s mostly potential whereas I’d prefer Rice at United as he’d be a partner for Casemiro then long term replacement going forward.
I mean you've just added £10m to every players cost haha

I've posted this elsewhere but this is how I imagine we'll do this summer:

Ramsdale
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Zinchenko
Rice
Saka - Odegaard - Havertz - Martinelli
Jesus

Turner
Timber - Tomiyasu - Kiwior -Tierney (Or same price new LB)
Jorginho
Nelson - Vieira - Lavia - ESR
Trossard

Hein
Holding
Elneny
Nketiah

Rice - 90m
Timber - 40m
Havertz - 55m
Lavia - 40m

Total: £225m. (Our reported budget is around £200m).

And then we'll try and sell:

Out: £125m

Xhaka - £15m
Partey - £25m
Balogun - £25m (wants to leave, ideally with buy back)
Patino - £10m (wants to leave, ideally with buy back)
Tavares - £15m
Mari - £5m (already sold)
Trusty - £10m (was their POTS)
Pepe - £15m (will be tough)
Cedric - Free
Runarsson - Free

Loan:

BNC
Marquinhos
Okonkwo
Walters
Sambi - Ideally to Burnley

So the overall spend is around £100m (not too bad). Obviously it's a dream world to sell all those players, although I think most could be doable, Pepe being the tough one.​

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona

Ramsdale
Rice
Jesus

Turner
Jorginho
Trossard

Hein
Holding
Elneny
Nketiah

Rice - 90m
Timber - 40m
Havertz - 55m
Lavia - 40m

Xhaka - £15m
Partey - £25m
Tavares - £15m
Cedric - Free
Runarsson - Free

Loan:

BNC
Marquinhos
Okonkwo
Walters

So the overall spend is around £100m (not too bad). Obviously it's a dream world to sell all those players, although I think most could be doable, Pepe being the tough one.​

Havertz is a good player (maybe top, in the right team) but I don't know if Arsenal needs him. Arsenal needs a n.9, not another attacking midfielder/second striker.

If Arsenal signs Rice, Lavia and keep Balogun (top talent, a mistake sell, and he maybe can be the central striker that Arsenal lacks), has an incredible team. The only weak link is Zinchenko: he can't defend and neither scores or make assist: very overrated (Tierney is better).

davidmichael

Ramsdale
Rice
Jesus

Turner
Jorginho
Trossard

Hein
Holding
Elneny
Nketiah

Rice - 90m
Timber - 40m
Havertz - 55m
Lavia - 40m

Xhaka - £15m
Partey - £25m
Tavares - £15m
Cedric - Free
Runarsson - Free

Loan:

BNC
Marquinhos
Okonkwo
Walters

West Ham want £120 million for Rice but reports are they’ll settle for £100 million, Ajax want £50 million for Timber and as United found out with Martinez and Antony they’re likely to get it and all reports are Chelsea will do a deal at around £70 million so I’m not adding anything on and going by multiple reports saying the same things.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
West Ham want £120 million for Rice but reports are they’ll settle for £100 million, Ajax want £50 million for Timber and as United found out with Martinez and Antony they’re likely to get it and all reports are Chelsea will do a deal at around £70 million so I’m not adding anything on and going by multiple reports saying the same things.
I mean word for word the reports are:

Ajax want £50m, we've offered £30m, Fab and Orn said the deal is hoping to get done somewhere in between - hence £40m.

Chelsea wanted £70m, but they've accepted they'll take less (every single reporter said this). We've bid £55+5m according to most reports, which is very close to being agreed, so £60m total fee although most don't include the addons in main fees.

Rice will be about £100m, think it's obvious now, but probably £80+20 or £90+10.

amolbhatia50k

Painfully obvious
He’s cheap, young and has quick feet - someone who would help us beat a press. Not the finished but we really should have gone for him.

Seems nothing will change until we have new owners. As usual we’ll be slow to react to everything.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
fecksake. He seems an obvious addition to our squad and Arsenal sign him instead.
Painfully obvious
He’s cheap, young and has quick feet - someone who would help us beat a press. Not the finished but we really should have gone for him.

Seems nothing will change until we have new owners. As usual we’ll be slow to react to everything.
Must’ve missed the news that he’s signed on the dotted line

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
fecksake. He seems an obvious addition to our squad and Arsenal sign him instead.
We need to sort striker and GK first to be honest. I rather we close those two areas and assess what budget we have, I think Lavia will be more expensive than people think.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Squad building definitely impacted by our ownership situation. We will likely address the 3 gaping holes in the starting 11, but this is a signing you make on top of that to build moving forward and push on, rather than address immediate concern only.

amolbhatia50k

We need to sort striker and GK first to be honest. I rather we close those two areas and assess what budget we have, I think Lavia will be more expensive than people think.
There’s no first and second. That’s how you miss out on good deals.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There’s no first and second. That’s how you miss out on good deals.
Well until we sell anyone, our budget is limited. If you focus your resources on someone like Lavia, we could potentially miss out on Hojlund if we can't afford him, or Onana, Costa, etc.