Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yes, I do think that is irrelevant.

Alternatively, if the media is interested in stating ALL the facts, they should've stated all the arguments how kid was a prick.
The autistic kid whose behaviour you don't actually know about slapped by an adult athlete is now a prick according to you. Excellent.

georgipep

The actual key part that I've not actually heard about, is was this kid actually abusing Ronaldo himself, or did he get caught up in it as the innocent party?
I don't know. Obviously the mother wouldn't mention that in her desperate appeal for the world to sympathize with her son's mistreatment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Let's say he was. Like lots of tossers do, all the time. For me it changes nothing. Unless Ronaldo said that it was the straw that broke the camels back and after 20 years of random abuse I lashed out. I'd applaud this but he's not saying this. Only blinded groupies are taking this stance. Ronaldo just said he was wrong and tried his best to apologise
That's it. These players have incredible tolerance, but will occasionally lash out, and that's what he's done. Unfortunate if he didn't realise it was technically a kid and a bit handicapped etc, as those bits don't half make it sound worse.

None of us are perfect. I suggested an owner would be lucky not to have their rabid dog punted into a canal a few weeks ago when it was monstering me.
But after I cooled down I realised it was slightly unnecessary :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't know. Obviously the mother wouldn't mention that in her desperate appeal for the world to sympathize with her son's mistreatment.
I assume you saw the bruising photos?
Those would take hours to heal!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
There’s history around the reason why. It predates the middle finger salute by all accounts and is the OG of feck off salutes tbh.

A commonly repeated legend claims that the two-fingered salute or V sign derives from a gesture made by longbowmen fighting in the English army at the Battle of Agincourt (1415) during the Hundred Years' War, but no written historical primary sources support this contention.[27] This origin legend states that English archers believed that those who were captured by the French had their index and middle fingers cut off so that they could no longer operate their longbows, and that the V sign was used by uncaptured and victorious archers in a display of defiance against the French.
Ah right, I knew this actually. Think a cafite lecture me on this already at some point :wenger:

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'm also very careful with my media consumption, especially when it comes to sources, relevance and legitimacy of information. But that's neither here, nor there.

But you've decided the kid is a prick and the mother a gold digger. I'd like your sources on those conclusions.

Corey

What's with you silly brits flipping people of with 2 fingers anyway? Are you all somehow incapable of raising a middlefinger with the index going up too as a sort of spasm?
Apparently it goes back to the old days when Brits were famous for their skill with a bow and arrow.
The French would chop the middle fingers off captured British archers. So our archers developer the two-finger insult as a way of saying “feck you, I’ve still got my fingers”.

georgipep

But you've decided the kid is a prick and the mother a gold digger. I'd like your sources on those conclusions.
Why was the kid a prick?
Every person who does what the kid did, is a prick. Doesn't matter if it is a kid, or not. You are intentionally trying to get in the way and record reaction of someone who is obviously unhappy with their professional performance.

If a kid comes in my office to record a video of me after I've failed to deliver something and my boss has just scolded me, I would slap the phone off their hands too.

As for the mother, please show me where I've said or even slightly insinuated that.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Every person who does what the kid did, is a prick. Doesn't matter if it is a kid, or not. You are intentionally trying to get in the way and record reaction of someone who is obviously unhappy with their professional performance.

If a kid comes in my office to record a video of me after I've failed to deliver something and my boss has just scolded me, I would slap the phone off their hands too.

As for the mother, please show me where I've said or even slightly insinuated that.
What exactly did your impeccable sources tell you the kid did? Genuinely I'd like to know.

You don't see the difference between a football ground and you office with regard to phones being used to film? Unless of course its normal for a throng of numpties to be in your office?

Here you had a pop at the mother's integrity.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Some of the Olympic level mental gymnastics done in this thread to defend CR7 are really impressive. I didn't know brains could stretch that much.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You either;

a) have too many kids and need the snip

or

b) need to get them burner phones

I have two kids. Too many in lots of regards. The last one I got a Xiaomi for. She loves me a lot less since. But she lost a 2 month old phone. So feck her. This thread touches a nerve!

georgipep

What exactly did your impeccable sources tell you the kid did? Genuinely I'd like to know.
My sources did not cover this story at all. I found about it here. And while Ronaldo acted like a moron (because he is a public figure and has to keep his cool), this is just a media circus.
You don't see the difference between a football ground and you office with regard to phones being used to film? Unless of course its normal for a throng of numpties to be in your office?
The point is not the venue, but the intent.
Here you had a pop at the mother's integrity.
And my pop at her integrity equals me saying she is a gold digger? Well..nope.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
:lol:

What was the intent?

For someone so against the creation of a narrative around an event you are doing a hell of job to construct one about the kids actions.

EDiT*

Also wouldn't you be fired if you slapped a phone put of a kids hand at work? And the doesn't the fact that Ronaldo won't prove that the Venue is important?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
My sources did not cover this story at all. I found about it here. And while Ronaldo acted like a moron (because he is a public figure and has to keep his cool), this is just a media circus.

And my pop at her integrity equals me saying she is a gold digger? Well..nope.

So you being careful about your sources means you belive the caf? Hmmm

As for the venue not being important, that's utter utter nonsense. Context is everything.

No you didn't say gold digger as much as manipulative. I withdraw that.

georgipep

:lol:

What was the intent?
The intent was to capture someone in their moment of misery. Which, to me, is a 100% prick thing to do.

For someone so against the creation of a narrative around an event you are doing a hell of job to construct one about the kids actions.
I entered this thread in response to several messages, which I found weird. I don't really care about the kid. I think it was always going to end up this way, since the media are hungry for sensations and this is an easy one for them.

I also find it disappointing how people continue accepting and forgiving poor behavior from fans, especially young ones. Paying for a match ticket doesn't absolve you of human decency.

Redlyn

Did I say anything even remotely suggesting punishing the kid?
Not at all my point. You want something to be made or said over a kid's very standard bantery behaviour. There is absolutely nothing in it at all that anyone would raise as an actual talking point. But you do you and keep highlighting the kid.

georgipep

Not at all my point. You want something to be made or said over a kids very standard bantery behaviour. There is absolutely nothing in it at all that anyone would actual raise as an actual talking point. But you do you.
I want it to be reported, alongside other facts, that are far more irrelevant to the story.

And what you describe as "very standard bantery behaviour", to me, is being a prick. Kudos to the kid and his parents.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The intent was to capture someone in their moment of misery.
This is more sensationalist than any of the coverage around the kid/ his mother :lol: he's a 37 year old man that lost a football match.

I also find it disappointing how people continue accepting and forgiving poor behavior from fans, especially young ones. Paying for a match ticket doesn't absolve you of human decency.

Literally nobody here is doing that.

That's what I mean about you creating a narrative around the event.

You keep alluding to the fact that the kid was doing something wrong but you have to add some sinister meaning to it because the act of filming a sportsman in a stadium isn't a bad act.

Why didn't Ronaldo beat up the sky sports camera man?

Redlyn

I want it to be reported, alongside other facts, that are far more irrelevant to the story.

And what you describe as "very standard bantery behaviour", to me, is being a prick. Kudos to the kid and his parents.
Young fan being a prick to rival player shocker. Feel free to want it reported. Some reporter with no life might read your post and grant your personal wish. Good luck.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
He didn't put his hand on an annoying kid he hit his phone, and why was this phone just in front of him as he was going off the pitch??
Wa their an ulterior motive?
And I'd like to see some peoples reactions after having the two fingers stuck inches away from their eyes.
So slapping a kids hand causing the phone to fall on the floor is all good then? There’s a responsibility that comes with being a professional athlete that goes beyond being good on the pitch. There’s a reason why these people have public relations teams.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The kid didn't even do anything :lol:

Ronaldo fans are about to start a change.org petition to ban fans and filming from football stadia :lol:
Are they going to sue BT and Sky for crimes against humanity?

sukhy

Melodramatic.
It may not even have broke after all.

Where is Eric when you need him? :D
Yeah the phones broken, enough images of it in the press.
You're comparing Cantona being racially abused and kicking a racist fan to Ronaldo breaking a child's phone?
What a shambles

georgipep

Young fan being a prick to rival player shocker. Feel free to want it reported. Some reporter with no life might read your post and grant your personal wish. Good luck.
Otherwise you are just commenting a story with zero context. As most media stories.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

Can you describe more in detail what you believe the kid did that makes him a prick? Because as far as I can tell none of us have a clue what gestures he did or what he said, if fact we don't seem to know if he did any gestures or said anything at all.