Ronaldo is the goat

padr81

Supports
Man City
Cacked the bed a bit tonight but he's still in the tourney and has been excellent and key in Portugal getting out of a tough group. In contention for PotT imho.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Messi vs Ronaldo threads are so tiresome. Why not just be glad we have had 2 such amazing players in the game at the same time?

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
So if Ronaldo fails to score in two matches in a row and Portugal lose to Uruguay does this thread become moot?

ROY123

cristiano plays on the wing and he is deadly finisher. He has constantly innovate himself to his strength as per his age and diminishing body strength and pace. He is 33 and still performing at the highest level and we cant say when he will stop. Its like watching a never ending movie. Every year there is a discussion station this is the last year Ronaldo is performing at this level and every year he proves them wrong.

Coaches also played a huge role in his success. When he joined Madrid in 2008 Barcelona was at its peak and Madrid was diminishing powerhouse. After Mourinho departed Real Madrid was on the up, spent wisely in transfer windows and they started winning trophies. 3 Champions league in 4 years is testament to that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And I agree with you. I never said he had a bad game - stop making accusations that I said something so foolish. Bloody hell man. All I did was look at his general play.
He was MOTM against Spain - I deserve a ban if I think otherwise.

Just because I'm titling on the Messi side of the seesaw doesn't mean that I'm unable to make a comment about Ronaldo's general play.

Heck, I said that Messi has choked this world cup. His general play has been worse.
That's his thing, he takes what you say, twist them in a manner that give them a completely different meaning

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Page 12 of this thread contained 61 instances of the word Messi. Maybe it's time to move this to a certain thread. You know the one..

On the subject. Funny how football works. Missing the penalty could've well meant Portugal flying home today, but the Iran player shat the bed in injury time. You need a little luck and Ronaldo hit the jackpot again last night in that regard.

Still, if he hadn't scored 3 against Spain, they might've gone out as well.

When is the next world class player going to stand up, I'm bored of this cnut and that silly Midget from Argentina.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he scored that penalty, they would have much easier path to semi.

Now they will have to beat Urguary, Brazil, France to get into final. I’d say it’s mission impossible.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
cristiano plays on the wing and he is deadly finisher. He has constantly innovate himself to his strength as per his age and diminishing body strength and pace. He is 33 and still performing at the highest level and we cant say when he will stop. Its like watching a never ending movie. Every year there is a discussion station this is the last year Ronaldo is performing at this level and every year he proves them wrong.

Coaches also played a huge role in his success. When he joined Madrid in 2008 Barcelona was at its peak and Madrid was diminishing powerhouse. After Mourinho departed Real Madrid was on the up, spent wisely in transfer windows and they started winning trophies. 3 Champions league in 4 years is testament to that.
Meanwhile Barcelona won 3 out of 4 and 7 out of 10 La Liga titles and 5 out of 7 Copa titles. The CL comes with slightly more accolades but a La Liga title shows more consistency.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He doesn't dribble much anymore but what he's doing at 33 is pretty phenomenal. Big players miss pens. Think Baggio in the 94 final, Lineker for his record-beating goal etc.

Pocho

Yes he is.

If my team is losing in the 80th minute and I'd had to pick only one of them to play and try to get the equalizer, I'd choose Ronaldo every time.
pity that games last 90 minutes.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
He doesn't dribble much anymore but what he's doing at 33 is pretty phenomenal. Big players miss pens. Think Baggio in the 94 final, Lineker for his record-beating goal etc.
It's only been brought up because it had been for Messi.

Pocho

He is not even in the top five. One of the best goal scorers ever along with Gerd Müller.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Has there ever been a 33 year old player as good as him?
Good question. Closest attacking contenders IMO would be Puskas and Di Stefano at 33. They scored 7 between them in the 1960 European Cup Final and Puskas netted 47 goals in 36 games for Real that season.

Baresi is worth a shout defensively though. At 33/34 he led a defence which conceded just 15 goals in 1993/94 and could afford to net just 36 times to win the title. Produced an immaculate defensive performance coming back from injury in the 1994 World Cup final to shut out Romario. And was rated in the top 3 highest Serie A players for 1993/94 and 1995/96 at the age of 34 and 36 no less.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
He is not even in the top five. One of the best goal scorers ever along with Gerd Müller.
Another unintelligent, oft-repeated, cliched one liner that you have spewed, over and over again.

No wonder you don't ever get a serious response, like ever.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Page 12 of this thread contained 61 instances of the word Messi. Maybe it's time to move this to a certain thread. You know the one..

On the subject. Funny how football works. Missing the penalty could've well meant Portugal flying home today, but the Iran player shat the bed in injury time. You need a little luck and Ronaldo hit the jackpot again last night in that regard.

Still, if he hadn't scored 3 against Spain, they might've gone out as well.

When is the next world class player going to stand up, I'm bored of this cnut and that silly Midget from Argentina.
It’s because of one specific user.

reddaz71

Can't wait to see Ronaldo back at Utd this summer, Ronaldo, Sanchez,Lukaku is going to do untold damage!!!

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Good question. Closest attacking contenders IMO would be Puskas and Di Stefano at 33. They scored 7 between them in the 1960 European Cup Final and Puskas netted 47 goals in 36 games for Real that season.

Baresi is worth a shout defensively though. At 33/34 he led a defence which conceded just 15 goals in 1993/94 and could afford to net just 36 times to win the title. Produced an immaculate defensive performance coming back from injury in the 1994 World Cup final to shut out Romario. And was rated in the top 3 highest Serie A players for 1993/94 and 1995/96 at the age of 34 and 36 no less.
The best individual defensive performance I've ever seen. Flawless.

Pocho

Another unintelligent, oft-repeated, cliched one liner that you have spewed, over and over again.

No wonder you don't ever get a serious response, like ever.:lol:
you are so funny lol

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ronaldo is the GOAT and it baffles me how anybody could argue otherwise.
He was with MUFC and we reached 2 CL finals (won multiple leagues) and since then we haven't done particularly well in the CL.
He then moves to Madrid and during his time there, he gets 3 CLs in a row (before he arrived, they were in the doldrums).
We also know that he can be the best player in 2 different leagues (with different playing styles).
What about his National team, I hear you ask. Well, Portugal are reigning EU champs. I mean, who would've thought that Portugal can be EU champs?

The only other player who can compare to him is Messi...who did not win 3 CLs in a row and has not propelled his National team to a major trophy. And let's not forget, that Messi has never played in a different league, so there is a question mark over whether he could adapt to a physical league, like the EPL.

For me, Ronaldo is the Greatest Of All Time. No ifs. No buts.

Shaun Oldman

Out of curiosity how do you explain away his early season form (HALF!) and still come out with such hyperbolic garbage?

Goat , absolute farcical opinion. Great goalscorer who was a great player too,a fair while ago.....

Loublaze

ATLien
Ronaldo is the GOAT and it baffles me how anybody could argue otherwise.
He was with MUFC and we reached 2 CL finals (won multiple leagues) and since then we haven't done particularly well in the CL.
He then moves to Madrid and during his time there, he gets 3 CLs in a row (before he arrived, they were in the doldrums).
We also know that he can be the best player in 2 different leagues (with different playing styles).
What about his National team, I hear you ask. Well, Portugal are reigning EU champs. I mean, who would've thought that Portugal can be EU champs?

The only other player who can compare to him is Messi...who did not win 3 CLs in a row and has not propelled his National team to a major trophy. And let's not forget, that Messi has never played in a different league, so there is a question mark over whether he could adapt to a physical league, like the EPL.

For me, Ronaldo is the Greatest Of All Time. No ifs. No buts.
La Liga has more quality than the more physical and competitive EPL. I don't get why some people think players should be journeymen to prove their worth. Did players like Maldini, Puyol, Terry, Giggs, Scholes, Totti, Giacinto Fachetti and Baresi have to 'prove' themselves in other leagues?

Cal?

CR7 fan
I can see someone make the case for Pele, Maradona and Messi, but this is just ludicrous. :lol: