Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
His career is ending nothing like George Best's.

He's squeezed every last bit from his playing days.

This now, yeah he's playing up, but when the footballing world looks back in 20 years it won't get a mention.

What I would add is that Ronaldo has always been like this. At 18 he barely celebrated when his team scored it
If it wasn't him. We've seen him at Madrid visibly annoyed that his teammate scored and he didn't. He's always been about himself.

It's just that so far everything has gone great for him. Now it's not the way he is is standing out more.
You missed my point but your agenda regarding Ronaldo is very clear.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think his tantrums might actually be a blessing here, as long as we can bridge the next month of football (big if) without needing him. Martial needs to be back asap. If Ronnie undermines the manager and the team repeatedly like this then of course ETH can officially start to push him out and at the same time leverage for a new striker in January. We won't be buying some outrageous goal machine, but we need an orthodox striker who works hard and the collective will benefit.

Red00012

Apparently ETH will "deal" with him tomorrow

The irony is he's pushing himself further back in the pecking order, for the very thing he's stropping over! Think he's quickly realising unlike Ole, ETH doesn't have favourites and you're picked based on performance (as it should be) and he's being treated like any other player, not getting special treatment because of who he is.

Who would take him?
Martial will be fit for Chelsea I’m hoping so he’s back to 3rd choice striker .

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I just can't understand why you would just leave like that especially when your mates (and indirectly you yourself) are winning and completely dominating Spurs of all teams. Celebrate ffs. What a donkey.
Because he cares about nothing other than personal glory. Always been that way. Victories mean nothing unless he’s involved. That sort of monomania is why he’s been such an outrageously good player but it’s grubby as feck now his powers have waned.

adamwest

His career is ending nothing like George Best's.

He's squeezed every last bit from his playing days.

This now, yeah he's playing up, but when the footballing world looks back in 20 years it won't get a mention.

What I would add is that Ronaldo has always been like this. At 18 he barely celebrated when his team scored it
If it wasn't him. We've seen him at Madrid visibly annoyed that his teammate scored and he didn't. He's always been about himself.

It's just that so far everything has gone great for him. Now it's not the way he is is standing out more.
He shouldn’t be behaving like he was at 18 or even mid 20s. He’s 37 and has kids who look up to him.The way he’s going about it right now smacks of an unbelievable lack of self awareness.

Rolaholic

I think his tantrums might actually be a blessing here, as long as we can bridge the next month of football (big if) without needing him. Martial needs to be back asap. If Ronnie undermines the manager and the team repeatedly like this then of course ETH can officially start to push him out and at the same time leverage for a new striker in January. We won't be buying some outrageous goal machine, but we need an orthodox striker who works hard and the collective will benefit.
Jonathan David would be my pick, ticks all those boxes already and will only get better at 22

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
My granddad bless him had Alzheimers, and he was less irritable when we had to take his car keys from him because he wasn't fit for driving.

Ronaldos handling the situation piss poor.

ForeverRed1

A few people have come out and said Ronaldo had offers over the summer to leave and united wouldn’t let him. This is the problem. They should of sold him or tore up his contract and took a hit. A 37 year old Ronaldo at this last stage of his career being kept on the bench doesn’t feel right. It shouldn’t be but at the end of the day ETH has to pick the right team and we play better without him, in every way.

love him but he shouldn’t be here.

Marwood

You missed my point but your agenda regarding Ronaldo is very clear.
No idea what my agenda might be. Or why I'd have one.

But you've compared the end of George Bests career with Ronaldo's. Bizarre stuff.

Ronaldo is simply coming to the end of a long career. This is how it goes. He can't seem to accept that but this is how most careers end. Especially at 37.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Might of needed a shit tbf, can't believe no one has thought this yet. We have all been caught short one time or another.

Fully Fledged

If we still had Ole:

“Well Ronnie is Ronnie. You don’t get to be the worlds best player being on the bench. He just needs an arm around him and I’ll make sure he starts against Chelsea being flanked by Rashy and Jadey.”
He was the reason that Ole was fecked.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
No idea what my agenda might be. Or why I'd have one.

But you've compared the end of George Bests career with Ronaldo's. Bizarre stuff.

Ronaldo is simply coming to the end of a long career. This is how it goes. He can't seem to accept that but this is how most careers end. Especially at 37.
You completely missed the point. I was talking about how sometimes the greats careers end so sadly. Best was mentioned because he was a hero of mine and it saddened me the way it all unfolded. Ronadlos end with Utd might not be exactly the same but its sad how instead of heading off into the sunset in a blaze of glory he will meander off to an end filled with bad taste and acrimony. Weird you cant work that out.

Idxomer

Can he actually move to another club if his contract is terminated mutually?

AndyMUFC

Trying to be the centre of attention after a performance like that honestly. Just leave in January please.

Marwood

You completely missed the point. I was talking about how sometimes the greats careers end so sadly. Best was mentioned because he was a hero of mine and it saddened me the way it all unfolded. Ronadlos end with Utd might not be exactly the same but its sad how instead of heading off into the sunset in a blaze of glory he will meander off to an end filled with bad taste and acrimony. Weird you cant work that out.
Slight understatement. Which is my point here. There is no comparison between the two.

Best was a complete tragedy. He was a raging alcoholic who went to prison.

Ronaldo has shook his head a bit and left 5 mins before full time. I'm not defending Ronaldo but let's have some perspective.

This from Ronaldo is a bit of minor messing about towards the end of a glorious career.

Anderson_7_

Is anyone actually surprised by this behavior? Remember when he flew to Portugal days before Manchester derby back in March?

steffyr2

6 pages about Ronaldo walking down the tunnel early. 9 pages for the post game on a very good game.
Ronaldo lives rent free in a lot of peoples' heads.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No CR7 came in and everything changed. We finished second the season before and started the season he came well.
We were shit. He spent 100s of millions and still finished miles off city. The minute Klopp got a proper defence, Tuchel started a full season, etc. He got found out.

He was also shit the season prior, 90min game from ending 5th.

To bring if back to Ronaldo though, hes shit now too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Slight understatement. Which is my point here.

Best was a comete tragedy.

This from Ronaldo is a bit of minor messing about towards the end of a glorious career. I wouldn't let it bother you so much.
We’re Manchester United fans. Not Ronaldo fans (some of us anyway). His first stint ended with him accusing us of slavery, then lying to the fans (I stay) before pissing off to join his dream club. And now his second spell here is turning into an utterly classless display of narcissism. Hardly “minor messing”. Not to fans of this club.

Certainly not made up for by a “glorious career” playing for Real Madrid. Who gives a shit about that?!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If I’m Ten Hag, this week is the week I tell the board to back me in January with a centre forward and that Ronaldo has no future here.

He’s got a tune out of Martial, but who cannot stay fit, and given Ronaldo more than enough opportunities. It’s clear Rashford can’t carry this burden alone, especially when his optimal role is as the most attacking player in the side from the inside left.

Fully Fledged

We were shit. He spent 100s of millions and still finished miles off city. The minute Klopp got a proper defence, Tuchel started a full season, etc. He got found out.

He was also shit the season prior, 90min game from ending 5th.

To bring if back to Ronaldo though, hes shit now too.
All changed when we had to play everything through Ronaldo.
Even now we are so much worse when he plays.

arthurka

Let's give the guy a break, he is at the age when he might have problems with his prostate. The only logical reason for this is that he really needed to pee.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
All changed when we had to play everything through Ronaldo.
Even now we are so much worse when he plays.
Give it a break. As a manager Ole is shit, he was shit for us and it had feck all to do with Ronaldo.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
It makes me sad the fans were very loudly singing the Ronaldo song a good bit tonight too !

Actually, maybe that emboldened him...

Yes, that's it! Someone, quick, tell Mark Goldbrige. It was the fans fault!

RedDevilQuebecois

He should do what Zlatan did for AC Milan last season, play when he is given time and be grateful about it. Zlatan was a big inspiration for their title win not because of his performances but because of his influence off the pitch.
Ronaldo is just way way too self centered to have the intelligence to transition into that role
This.

Ronaldo needs to learn a thing or two from Zlatan, and I'm not kidding.

Fully Fledged

Give it a break. As a manager Ole is shit, he was shit for us and it had feck all to do with Ronaldo.
He was not ETH but he was so much better without CR7. We might have done better when he left if we didn't have to play everything through CR7. Ronnie ruined last season with or without CR7.

Marwood

We’re Manchester United fans. Not Ronaldo fans (some of us anyway). His first stint ended with him accusing us of slavery, then lying to the fans (I stay) before pissing off to join his dream club. And now his second spell here is turning into an utterly classless display of narcissism. Hardly “minor messing”. Not to fans of this club.

Certainly not made up for by a “glorious career” playing for Real Madrid. Who gives a shit about that?!
Fair enough.

But its not a George Best level tragedy ending is it?

Which is the point of the post you responded to.

Nobody is going to be talking about this stuff in 20 years except a bunch of disgruntled online fans who've had it in for him since he returned. Nobody at Old Trafford first game of last season gave a shit that he left for Madrid. And if he comes back in years to come the crowd won't care that he once left 5 mins before the end.

Agree on his narcissism though. Always been that way.

Mainoldo

John Mortough do your job and get him out in January. He‘s done done.

Status
Not open for further replies.