Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepulturite

Exactly this. Rather than be rational about it though, half our fanbase went into hysterics.

:lol: Are you like 12?

And there was definitely a complete overreaction to the incident. I’d suggest anyone who argues against that must be some kind of moron. The fact this topic got to 67 pages and the multiple other Ronaldo created threads tells you that.
No, in your opinion there was a complete overreaction, to most sane fans it was the right reaction. He's been shitting all over United since the summer, and I, along with plenty of others, have had enough of that circus now and want him gone asap.

And I don't appreciate being called moron by the way, no need for name calling just because I have a different opinion to you about it.

Greck

Needs to start from here on in so shouldn't be an issue now
Not sure if serious but the way this keeps coming up is where the problem starts. Guy can't contribute anything positive to our season without it being evidence of needing to start the next game. Even games where Rashford plays better means Ronaldo has to start ahead. Nothing from yesterday, this season or last season entitles him to start. Last season especially was good for only Ronaldo, not the team, manager or club.

the_cliff

Is yesterday's performance is the reason why some fans are saying Ronaldo should be starting over Rashford ?

Yesterday Rashford did more in a half than Ronaldo did the whole game... :confused:

edcunited1878

Is yesterday's performance is the reason why some fans are saying Ronaldo should be starting over Rashford ?

Yesterday Rashford did more in a half than Ronaldo did the whole game... :confused:
Ronaldo operated well as the lone CF in the first half, but his performance was not clean. The intention and actions were there, but the execution wasn't good. Part pressure and part just declining skills and he's just not in form. As was the case towards his end time at Real and at Juve, he operates best when he has a strike partner or foil. Marcus was the foil and they both played effectively with each other.

Ronaldo doesn't do anything off the ball and doesn't have the pace anymore to really get in behind players. Marcus is just a more dynamic player because he's younger and in his physical prime. He has more energy to expend all over the pitch, and has a huge threat in getting in behind and probably won't get caught unless it's his own undoing (first touch, poor dribble, etc.).

Ronaldo still has the movement and timing, but defenders can recover against him much easier than Marcus because of their different pace/quickness.

Marcus is best as a left sided forward. He does a job as a center forward due to lack of options and Ronaldo's deficiencies hurt the team as a collective more than Marcus's deficiencies.

The sooner Ronnie leaves, the quicker United can continue to assemble a better overall attacking front line.

the_cliff

Ronaldo operated well as the lone CF in the first half, but his performance was not clean. The intention and actions were there, but the execution wasn't good. Part pressure and part just declining skills and he's just not in form. As was the case towards his end time at Real and at Juve, he operates best when he has a strike partner or foil. Marcus was the foil and they both played effectively with each other.

Ronaldo doesn't do anything off the ball and doesn't have the pace anymore to really get in behind players. Marcus is just a more dynamic player because he's younger and in his physical prime. He has more energy to expend all over the pitch, and has a huge threat in getting in behind and probably won't get caught unless it's his own undoing (first touch, poor dribble, etc.).

Ronaldo still has the movement and timing, but defenders can recover against him much easier than Marcus because of their different pace/quickness.

Marcus is best as a left sided forward. He does a job as a center forward due to lack of options and Ronaldo's deficiencies hurt the team as a collective more than Marcus's deficiencies.

The sooner Ronnie leaves, the quicker United can continue to assemble a better overall attacking front line.
I agree completely, this is the keypoint.

What people are missing in this Ronaldo vs Rashford debate is we're not saying Rashford is a good enough cf, however, he's the best of the bad options we have.

NewYorkRed

Seeing that video that Garnacho uploaded of him coming back onto the pitch just to walk off with him, makes me even more dissapointed in him and the stunt he pulled. He’s an idol and inspiration to so many of the younger players, he let all of them and the fanbase down with that nonsense.

Overall to his game right now, yeah its just not good enough to warrant a starting spot. I do think its more of a confidence thing though then him just completely falling off a cliff.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Seeing that video that Garnacho uploaded of him coming back onto the pitch just to walk off with him, makes me even more dissapointed in him and the stunt he pulled. He’s an idol and inspiration to so many of the younger players, he let all of them and the fanbase down with that nonsense.

Overall to his game right now, yeah its just not good enough to warrant a starting spot. I do think its more of a confidence thing though then him just completely falling off a cliff.
Yep... Ronaldo is learning the hard way now that he is just a senior part of the squad, not the stand out player anymore. Hope he has learned his lesson now and will accept the role, his attitude seemed ok against Sheriff.

Judas

Open to offers
I think he did a bit better yesterday, but I'd still not be rushing to see him start in the PL anytime soon. There's still an overwhelming desperation to give him the ball and set him up, and at the moment his finishing is quite frankly not good, so its just not really working out. Maybe it'll click again, but he just isn't at it still.

lsd

The Oracle
Rashford is not a centre forward. I'm pretty sure most of not all Rashford's goals this season have been when he plays out left.

If it's a choice of Ronaldo or Rashford as centre forward them it's clearly Ronaldo.

Rashford just doesn't convince when played there

Strelok

Rashford is not a centre forward. I'm pretty sure most of not all Rashford's goals this season have been when he plays out left.

If it's a choice of Ronaldo or Rashford as centre forward them it's clearly Ronaldo.

Tbf Ronaldo is not a centre forward either. Never been.

Worse thing is he now even looks less and less a footballer let alone a centre forward.

Djemba-Djemba

It's not clearly Ronaldo at all.

Rashford has been much better this season as the centre forward than Ronaldo and we also play much better with Rashford as the CF than Ronaldo.

Long term Rashford isn't the answer either, we need to go out and buy a top class CF but for now he's the better option.

RVN1991

I personally feel like it's beyond just his stunts against Tottenham, it's the sheer selfishness that throws me off.

I feel bad for his teammates who seem genuinely overjoyed to see him succeed (God knows how hard they try to feed him and whenever he scores they're all ecstatic to see him bang in a goal), but I don't see that sentiment reciprocated.

When others score he isn't particularly happy. Couldn't even be bothered to go celebrate Rashford's goal with everyone else. The team doing well and winning doesn't necessarily bring him joy if he himself hasn't scored.

I like seeing a team in harmony that enjoy each other effort and success, not this selfishness, individualistic stuff I constantly see from Ronaldo.

Let him get game time, get him ready for his WC(would be unfair to him to let his sharpness and readiness before the WC slip) but beyond that, if anything is looking solid in January then amicably part ways. And if January doesn't happen then this season should definitely be his final one.
I bet a ton of his teammates are living the "Don't meet your heroes" expression in real life. You can see how half the squad idolizes him yet the guy pulls off his diva act every chance he gets.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Issue is over with now. Anything about him and his performances can go in the performances thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.