Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
with all due respect, I don't have time for cheats (be it using his hands or drugs)
If you actually saw Maradona play, there's no way you could make that statement. No way whatsoever. His level of skill was far above that of CR, who is obviously also a very skilful player.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
The crazy part of this circus is not only about football to an extent. It's Ronaldo the superhero. He adds an appeal and glamour and with that comes sponsorships. Looking from a pure football perspective I think United as a team will be better off Ronaldo leaving providing we get a half-decent replacement. We lack severe numbers upfront and in the middle.
It is possible that the numbers can come from the players already there, if they get a bump from the new manager. Obviously a replacement would be helpful as well though, just to make sure.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The club does not need the Circus Ronaldo. We should say " thank you for your service and farewell". He was a Legend and it would be a great shame for him to become a hate figure. I think if he stays the progress Martial is showing might come to a halt. Mind you, there is no telling whether Martial will maintain this renaissance with or without CR.
Martial has been inconsistent ever since we bought him. I don't trust in him and Rashford. Still Ronnie needs to go if he doesn't want to be here. He's too petulant not to make a show off it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The crazy part of this circus is not only about football to an extent. It's Ronaldo the superhero. He adds an appeal and glamour and with that comes sponsorships. Looking from a pure football perspective I think United as a team will be better off Ronaldo leaving providing we get a half-decent replacement. We lack severe numbers upfront and in the middle.
Problem is, we don’t have half decent replacement. We are already losing Cavani and Greenwood, if Ronaldo also gone we are left with Martial, the most inconsistence forward we ever had over the past many years.

I think ETH and upper management clearly know this will be the case for us next season, hence there is no way they could afford/accept Ronaldo leaving.

wolvored

We should say if you want to leave put in an official transfer request. Then put him on the market for x million. Tell him he needs to train with the club until there is a buyer. If he refuses stop his pay. If no one comes in for him he will be expected to play when called upon otherwise no pay. If he still is adamant then tell him the only other way he leaves is buy out his contract.
Utd should take the upper hand with this and show him and others no one is bigger than the club.
The stupidest thing i have read though is the opposite. Giving him a new contract and sending him on loan for the season.

Betson

Has he turned up for training today or have his 'family issues' resurfaced?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If you actually saw Maradona play, there's no way you could make that statement. No way whatsoever. His level of skill was far above that of CR, who is obviously also a very skilful player.
I did see him. Italian football was on telly regularly and also, of course, the World Cup. He didn't come close to Pele or Cruyff either. Plus, he cheated

Tommy79

Has it happened to you or anyone you know?
Ah, the age-old defence of asking a question when asked one, so if you like to answer mine, I will answer your question, ah feck it I'll be the bigger man here, no for me, but yes for a mate, and yes he went to hell n back, but it didn't take 3 or more months to suddenly affect him on holidays and he sure as shit wasn't back at work a week later, so now answer my question I posed that you ignored.

with all due respect, I don't have time for cheats (be it using his hands or drugs)
Jesus H Christ is that you Peter Shilton, let it go as you were out classed in that game regardless off the handball, and given how they guy whose thread we are in has made a career out of diving aka cheating as well many current and former players with their diving, that's a bit rich coming from any fan of this club, and you also seem to forget one of our players was banned for taking drugs, the same drug as Maradona for nine months, so do they get a free pass because they played for us from you.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Bayern should be paying a fee if most likely he goes there. Some pay back for the schweinsteiger fee.

i think he would do well there in terms of numbers and impact in the CL, but I wouldn’t be suprised I’d Bayern are left de stabilized and Nagelsmann moving on.
Bayern isn't run by bellends. Why would they walk into our mess?

Will Singh

Absolute shit show, the quicker he fecks off the better. The worst thing to happen to United after SAF retiring this a bringing Ronaldo back, I can see why no one wants him because of the circus around him.

OverratedOpinion

The trouble is these days.... they are!
Hmm he is more famous than the club potentially.

The club own his contract though and ultimately there are about 100 times the amount of players as good as Ronaldo currently as there are clubs as big as United.

Oranges038

Ah, the age-old defence of asking a question when asked one, so if you like to answer mine, I will answer your question, ah feck it I'll be the bigger man here, no for me, but yes for a mate, and yes he went to hell n back, but it didn't take 3 or more months to suddenly affect him on holidays and he sure as shit wasn't back at work a week later, so now answer my question I posed that you ignored.
You keep banging on and using his child as the reason, are you a psychologist, as do explain how he was able to play out the rest of the season and now suddenly it's an issue ? And I hope posting this link is allowed, as you might want to go through a few pages, as this looks far from a woman suffering depression as you try to make out "that needs a support network".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/who/georgina-rodriguez/
I was done with this.

You want an answer to this question? Where you ask me if I am psychologist, but then try to use The Sun of all fooking things as some sort of proof that she isn't being affected by it.

No I am just not going to answer any of that, based solely on the fact that you used The Sun as a source to try and prove some sort of pathetic viewpoint you have about her mental state. But, since you like believing The Sun so much, maybe have a gander at the third or fourth story down on that page and see what it says.

Best of luck to you, I hope your mate is doing better now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

Jesus H Christ is that you Peter Shilton, let it go as you were out classed in that game regardless off the handball, and given how they guy whose thread we are in has made a career out of diving aka cheating as well many current and former players with their diving, that's a bit rich coming from any fan of this club, and you also seem to forget one of our players was banned for taking drugs, the same drug as Maradona for nine months, so do they get a free pass because they played for us from you.
Why should I let it go? And if you are talking about Rio, he was banned for missing giving a sample - for which I called him a f@cking idiot. And Maradona's second goal is drooled over by enough people without me joining in - Peter Reid should have cut him down at the start of his run - something he'd done for Everton all that season. Finally, I don't agree we were outclassed. We have no idea if Mardona was on something that day

Luke1995

This reminds me of 2013, when Rooney got that massive contract amid rumours that he could maybe leave in that summer.

Hopefully that's not the case here.

Red_toad

I did see him. Italian football was on telly regularly and also, of course, the World Cup. He didn't come close to Pele or Cruyff either. Plus, he cheated
No white text? Best player I've ever seen, could do things others could only dream of. Not a great person but a wonderfully skilled footballer. To say he's not even close to Pele or Cruyff is way off the mark, unless you mean he was so much better.

Real Name

Why should I let it go? And if you are talking about Rio, he was banned for missing giving a sample - for which I called him a f@cking idiot. And Maradona's second goal is drooled over by enough people without me joining in - Peter Reid should have cut him down at the start of his run - something he'd done for Everton all that season. Finally, I don't agree we were outclassed. We have no idea if Mardona was on something that day
Should have, could have, would have.
And you're basing your argument that England wasn't outclassed on an idea Maradona was maybe on something or maybe not.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
England fans just cant get over that "hand of God" goal go :lol: . Everyone knows that Maradona's drug of choice was cocaine so if he was on something that day, Peter Reid wouldnt have needed to foul him because he would have probably fallen over the ball.
LET IT GO

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Then you should know better in all honesty. Obviously you have some hate for him that is clouding your judgment. There isn't a player that's ever walked the earth that Maradona 'didn't come close to', whether that be Pele, Cruyff or Ronaldo. But I'll stop there as that's not what this thread is about.

Huddsred

He'll stay, but what that does for team morale, who knows
Make him earn his place back in the starting 11 from the bench. If he doesn't like it, well it's his own fault for missing preseason. He's no longer undroppable which is actually better for team morale.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I think the real problem for Ronaldo is ETH probably told him he will not play every match and will likely average one match every 10 days or so. This is what Ole should have done but didn't have the power. I think ETH has the backing for this position and Ronaldo can't accept that.

Tommy79

I was done with this.

You want an answer to this question? Where you ask me if I am psychologist, but then try to use The Sun of all fooking things as some sort of proof that she isn't being affected by it.

No I am just not going to answer any of that, based solely on the fact that you used The Sun as a source to try and prove some sort of pathetic viewpoint you have about her mental state. But, since you like believing The Sun so much, maybe have a gander at the third or fourth story down on that page and see what it says.

The reason I used the sun was not because it's a believable source of info (written at least) it was to draw you to the numerous pics of them enjoying life and not someone suffering from depression or family issues as your earlier post suggested.

As for my mate, thanks and yes he is doing good, and they have a healthy beautiful little girl thank god.

the_cliff

I think the real problem for Ronaldo is ETH probably told him he will not play every match and will likely average one match every 10 days or so. This is what Ole should have done but didn't have the power. I think ETH has the backing for this position and Ronaldo can't accept that.
The real problem for Ronaldo is he wants something that just doesn't exist anymore. A position that doesn't have defensive duties, limited linkup play and is only required to put finishing touches on team moves.

The classic 9 is dead, football has moved on and Ronaldo hasn't.

Tommy79

And I would know that how. Your earlier post also mentioned him cheating, and yet here you are endorsing it by stating Reid should have CHEATED and "cut" him down.

And yes, I think it's safe to say if you watch both world cup 86 (fifa have a free streaming site showing them, not full) and the one he was done for coke in, there was a major difference in his performance.

As for why you should let it go, hmm, why let something that happen 36 yrs ago still bother you as you don't hear the Germans say, if VAR was around in 66, England would have no WC trophy.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The real problem for Ronaldo is he wants something that just doesn't exist anymore. A position that doesn't have defensive duties, limited linkup play and is only required to put finishing touches on team moves.

The classic 9 is dead, football has moved on and Ronaldo hasn't.
Ronaldo should just buy his own club and make himself the CF, manager, DOF and CEO.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Reading that he’s been asked to be released from his contract. To me that reads as he wouldn’t get any money for the next year, you’d just be calling it quits. WTF would United not bite his hand off with that offer?

OpenIntrovert

I was done with this.

Do not bother. They have already made up their mind regarding Ronaldo and are conveniently using the media articles to fuel their agenda.

When i look at the situation, it is starting to be clear that the only fact we can infer is that Ronaldo did attempt to leave. However, why he wanted to leave and whether the club has agreed to let him leave is unknown till now. My guess is it is something to do with his family situation and the club feels that they can help him with it, but Ronaldo thinks it is a dead end.

Mindhunter

Stay or go?

I would say that he should "stay" away from the first team and "go" to whichever part of the world that will indulge his egomaniacal nature. We have had enough of his antics and "I am better than everyone" attitude. I totally agree with the Athletics fans. I am willing to finish outside of the top 4 even as a cost of keeping this cancer away from the team.

The sad part is that he doesn't have even an iota of empathy for his club, his team member, and more so his fans. It is always about him and hi alone. He is not going to change. Keeping him in the club will mean that it will take another year to build that core strength both mentally and tactically for us to start dominating games.

Mylock

In a ideal world Ten Hag would be delighted to let Ronaldo leave but his hands are tied as we only have Martial as an alternative. Ten hag has so many other fires to put out that he knows if he can keep ronaldo this season then he has one less thing to worry about.
There is no obvious replacement on the market which is a major problem if he goes.

Stig

If he wants to go all he has to do is buy himself out of his contract for the market value of his transfer value. Then he is a free agent to go wherever he wants. The idea that we release him from his contract and write off his market value is ridiculous.

He should also pay us back for the salary he has taken whilst dealing with his family problems.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He could easily buy one of the Madeira clubs.

Edit: it would probably become the de-facto Madeira club if he did it.
I remember Wes Brown quite a few years ago, said that he was thinking of buying a small club so that he can keep on playing till he dropped. So Mendes should look for one to buy and then market the hell out of it.

Everyone's a winner.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
And I would know that how. Your earlier post also mentioned him cheating, and yet here you are endorsing it by stating Reid should have CHEATED and "cut" him down.

And yes, I think it's safe to say if you watch both world cup 86 (fifa have a free streaming site showing them, not full) and the one he was done for coke in, there was a major difference in his performance.

As for why you should let it go, hmm, why let something that happen 36 yrs ago still bother you as you don't hear the Germans say, if VAR was around in 66, England would have no WC trophy.
astounding logic - and tell me how you know no Germans say that... as for fouling, if you think that's the same as taking drugs, well there's no point continuing the discussion

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
England fans just cant get over that "hand of God" goal go :lol: . Everyone knows that Maradona's drug of choice was cocaine so if he was on something that day, Peter Reid wouldnt have needed to foul him because he would have probably fallen over the ball.
LET IT GO
I was asked why I didn't rate him s the best of all time. That and the drugs is why. How can you let it go and answer at the same time?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Should have, could have, would have.
And you're basing your argument that England wasn't outclassed on an idea Maradona was maybe on something or maybe not.
No - I'm basing my answer on being asked why I thought Pele and Cruyff (as well as Ronaldo) were better than him. And those saying England were outclassed need to look again and need to question what would have happened had the ref been awake. (these days, Maradona would have been sent off for the handball)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No white text? Best player I've ever seen, could do things others could only dream of. Not a great person but a wonderfully skilled footballer. To say he's not even close to Pele or Cruyff is way off the mark, unless you mean he was so much better.
How much did you see of Pele? How much of Cruyff? How old were you when they were in their prime - were you old enough to appreciate what they did without the flamboyance of Maradona?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yep, and if he stays he will be a regular for those reasons alone.

justsomebloke

To me it's obvious he should be let go. The season will stand and fall with the ability of the team to transition to ten Hag's system and approach - if they can make that work from early on, we have a chance. Not only does Ronaldo present an obstacle to that system, he has missed the whole pre-season tour and still is not training with the team. On top of which he is a 38-year old gigastar who does not want to play for us.

That being said, if he's let go, he needs to be replaced by a real bona-fide signing at forward. We're short as it is.

justsomebloke

If he wants to go all he has to do is buy himself out of his contract for the market value of his transfer value. Then he is a free agent to go wherever he wants. The idea that we release him from his contract and write off his market value is ridiculous.

He should also pay us back for the salary he has taken whilst dealing with his family problems.
His market value is relatively inconsequential. Any fee he'd fetch would likely be in the same territory as the wages he's due to receive the next season. If someone wants him and United is prepared to let him go, it's hard to see agreeing on the transfer fee being that much of an issue.

justsomebloke

In a ideal world Ten Hag would be delighted to let Ronaldo leave but his hands are tied as we only have Martial as an alternative. Ten hag has so many other fires to put out that he knows if he can keep ronaldo this season then he has one less thing to worry about.
There is no obvious replacement on the market which is a major problem if he goes.
I hardly think that's one less thing to worry about. In fact, it's hard to imagine a bigger worry than how you're supposed to build a team built on strict discipline and total buy-in for the philosophy and system when you have an ageing megastar you have to play who doesn't even want to be here, and who'd struggle mightily to fit into the team concept even if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.