• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

angak

Toxic is a heavy word to sum up his time at Juventus, when the fact he has won 5 trophies over 3 seasons there, and no one in Italy score more goals than him (101 goals in 134 games) over the course of 3 seasons.
Ronaldo time at Juventus was the least successful period for the club in the last 15 years.

If you ask people at the club, they couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Pronewbie

Peep
Ronaldo time at Juventus was the least successful period for the club in the last 15 years.

I still remember noticing a very stark decline in a few of his CL games I watched in his final season. The Ajax one stands out. That said, he's still good enough for our quest for top 4 if he's not being a toxic twat.

buckooo1978

Get the feeling he leaves in the last day or so of the window

someone will bite. We might have to let him go on a free

Huddsred

I've had enough of the Ronaldo circus now. Let the egomaniac go, no one's bigger than the club.

Dazzmondo

Ronaldo was really dumb to pull this without even having a club ready to buy him. When it first happened, I assumed he already had all the personal terms and everything agreed with his new club and it was just a matter of agreeing a fee with Utd. Now it seems like he'll either join Atletico or stay, and ultimately I think he will probably stay. Not sure how I feel about it tbh. I don't think we could replace his goals, but the dressing room seems happier in his absence, and he showed a real lack of respect for the club to not even bother showing up for pre-season.

jeff_goldblum

Putting aside for a moment the debate on whether Ronaldo is a problem for us football-wise, the media attention around him certainly isn't good for the club.

There is constant scrutiny of every managerial decision regarding him. If he plays there's talk about whether he's holding others back and has too much influence over the manager, if he doesn't there's speculation about whether he's happy and whether the manager knows what he's doing. Whatever decision gets made, the power of Ronaldo's personality means there's always talk of factions in the changing advocating for or against him.

Maybe Ten Hag is a big enough personality to handle that and put a lid on it but, bringing in the football side of things again, at Ronaldo's age it's debatable whether he's worth the hassle that goes with his name.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Maradona, Pele certainly better, Cruyff arguably, Messi arguably.

Just from the players I've seen. May be some before that?
I don't think Maradona was even close - without or without the crap he put in his body. As I said, maybe Pele, and Cruyff is right up there, I agree. Ronaldo definitely better than Messi, in my opinion. Messi has done it for one club (so far), which, for most of the time was the best in Europe by miles. Ronaldo has done it in Italy, England and Spain

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Well it's obvious he isn't the best of his generation so he can't be the best ever.
I presume you think Messi is... the bloke who (so far) has only proved himself in one country and was with one of the best club teams of all time. Meanwhile, Ronaldo has scored hatfuls in Britain, Spain and Italy

Loon

:lol:
Meeting with Mendes and Ferguson at United today. I would honestly not be disappointed if they agree to cancel the contract and send him on his way.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Their least successful period is last season, they basically won nothing after he left them, which is worst on over decade.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This is objectively false, they finished 7th two years in a row from 2009 to 2011. That was less than 15 years ago.

OverratedOpinion

I hope he goes because I don't think he is very good anymore.

Very much doubt he does at this point though.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The club should really be stamping their authority. This behaviour is pathetic and totally disrespectful. Chances are he will now mess up the dressing room.

Maticmaker

CR's coming back to United was a gamble, although there were some positives, the gamble itself it didn't pay off; he needs to move on now and so do we.
He will always be up there as one of the legends at OT, but now's the time to let go.

RedDF

His recent actions have really worked against him, no other big clubs want him and he lost all his brownie points at United. Most United fans won’t be sad to see him benched. Win win for us whether he stays or leaves I reckon.

marktan

Leave. It's like Ruud - good player but ultimately if the team wants to progress we need to move away from him.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I don't think Maradona was even close - without or without the crap he put in his body. As I said, maybe Pele, and Cruyff is right up there, I agree. Ronaldo definitely better than Messi, in my opinion. Messi has done it for one club (so far), which, for most of the time was the best in Europe by miles. Ronaldo has done it in Italy, England and Spain
What a ridiculous statement, with all due respect.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I presume you think Messi is... the bloke who (so far) has only proved himself in one country and was with one of the best club teams of all time. Meanwhile, Ronaldo has scored hatfuls in Britain, Spain and Italy
Yeah, football is about more than goals bud. One player dribbles more, creates more chances, assists more, passes more/better and generally shoots less than the other. That was the case this past season as well.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The fact that Ten Hag is having to draft in Fergie (and some reports say Bryan Robson as well) should be a worrying sign. Ten Hag should be able to easily deal with Ronaldo by himself as head coach.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
The fact that Ten Hag is having to draft in Fergie (and some reports say Bryan Robson as well) should be a worrying sign. Ten Hag should be able to easily deal with Ronaldo by himself as head coach.
When you factor in salaries, transfer fess and all the rest, this is tens of million pound decisions being made here. I dont think any club would just allow the manager to control it all 1:1.
What we should be worried about is that we still need Fergie and Robbo in any capacity making decisions if thats true

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Ten Hag shouldn't have to worry about Ronaldo at all - beyond how he should be used as a player in the squad.

This business with Mendes and whatnot should be handled by Murtough.

And they shouldn't bring SAF into it at all - obviously.

Let's hope both SAF and Robbo are there for non-related reasons.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
By the way, Robbo has had feck all to do with Ronaldo over the years (as far as I know anyway), so that probably is entirely unrelated.

clarkydaz

Ronaldo would barely know or care who Robson is

Azhar88

Meeting with Mendes and Ferguson at United today. I would honestly not be disappointed if they agree to cancel the contract and send him on his way.
Is that a mis-type? Did you mean 'meeting with Mendes and Erik Ten-Hag at United today'.

If it isn't a mis-type can I please ask where you got that information from, because seriously, Man Utd. have to let the current manager manage and cut their ties with the past.

RatPack

If he wants to leave he can buy his freedom at the same amount we paid Juventus.
After that he can feck off.
But we will end up giving him a free transfer or forcing him to stay.
No club will pay anything to get him.

Loon

:lol:
Is that a mis-type? Did you mean 'meeting with Mendes and Erik Ten-Hag at United today'.

If it isn't a mis-type can I please ask where you got that information from, because seriously, Man Utd. have to let the current manager manage and cut their ties with the past.
It was widely reported on Sky Ferguson was there. How involved? nobody knows.

AkaAkuma

Bayern should be paying a fee if most likely he goes there. Some pay back for the schweinsteiger fee.

i think he would do well there in terms of numbers and impact in the CL, but I wouldn’t be suprised I’d Bayern are left de stabilized and Nagelsmann moving on.

r1z3mu

He will stay. We will not let him free because year ago we paid fee (20mil??). Nobody will pay us and take him. Unfortunately our rebuild will be slowed down by our "legend".

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We can't know for sure what is happening, maybe Fergie offered to talk to Ronaldo and convince him to stay, I don't see why ETH would say no to that.
We are not getting a better ST than Ronaldo this summer, not for the money we are looking to spend so maybe that's why ETH and everyone at the club is trying to keep Ronnie here.

Amir

Obviously none of Europe's big clubs is planning for a season with him. His best hope now might be that one of them has a bad start to the season, panics, and goes all in on him.

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo is vastly overpaid by United, he would probably need to take a cut of up to or more than 80% of his wage last season to make him viable for most clubs if he's that desperate to leave.

cyberman

Obviously none of Europe's big clubs is planning for a season with him. His best hope now might be that one of them has a bad start to the season, panics, and goes all in on him.
Hello Chelsea how are you

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
The club does not need the Circus Ronaldo. We should say " thank you for your service and farewell". He was a Legend and it would be a great shame for him to become a hate figure. I think if he stays the progress Martial is showing might come to a halt. Mind you, there is no telling whether Martial will maintain this renaissance with or without CR.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The crazy part of this circus is not only about football to an extent. It's Ronaldo the superhero. He adds an appeal and glamour and with that comes sponsorships. Looking from a pure football perspective I think United as a team will be better off Ronaldo leaving providing we get a half-decent replacement. We lack severe numbers upfront and in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.