Ronaldo The Movie

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Also...the Di Maria movie is showing for a limited time in Manchester.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Meanwhile, Messi is counting his trophys and knows, since he is 2 years younger, Ronaldo will never archieve what he has and still will archieve.

"Planet-sized ego" is really what describes Ronaldo the best. I've always despised him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Did you guys watch it in Portuguese or did you manage to get subtitled version somewhere? As iv downloaded from showbox but the first 10 minutes iv watched all been in Portuguese

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It basically turned out to be a 2015 version of Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere'.

Jorge Mendes was rather hilarious though, I didn't expect that. He really is the Portugese Ari Gold a.k.a Ari Emanuel. Repeating the 'nothing is impossible' line after he finally got his suitcase in the overhead compartment of the airplane cracked me up.

In the end I guess you could say it's very lonely at the top. And I hope someday they will make a truly nice and proper documentary about Ronaldo.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not watching this, might do a few years after he retires though. It feels a bit stupid watching a footballer's biopic while he's still playing every week.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
Hang on....the documentary about the wealthy, self-fascinated narcissist and his coterie of sycophantic advisors and hangers on turned out to be shit? What are the odds?

marlowe78

I'm not watching this, might do a few years after he retires though. It feels a bit stupid watching a footballer's biopic while he's still playing every week.
It's as silly as Rooney's 'autobiography' or any other bio made when a person is 30. I could see making this when he is on the verge of retirement but not now.

van Persie

I am not sure if this has been posted yet.

Saw this, I'm a bit disappointed but I already knew Real Madrid was his goal all along and where he wanted to be. He will not comeback nor did I ever want him to. He chose them over us.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The Wall Street Journal review has some funny bits, like this part:

In the movie, Ronaldo is seen in a tuxedo or suit for a total of 7 minutes and 28 seconds, or only four seconds less than he is seen playing for Real Madrid. Formal wear might as well be his second skin.

His actual skin, however, is just as prominent on screen. Because Ronaldo seems to love few things as much as he loves taking off his shirt. In the 89-minute film, he spends 3:45 with his shirt off. That’s a full 39 seconds longer than he’s shown playing for Portugal, and far outstrips the mere 19 seconds in which he wears the colors of Manchester United, the club that turned him into a star.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
It basically turned out to be a 2015 version of Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere'.

Jorge Mendes was rather hilarious though, I didn't expect that. He really is the Portugese Ari Gold a.k.a Ari Emanuel. Repeating the 'nothing is impossible' line after he finally got his suitcase in the overhead compartment of the airplane cracked me up.

In the end I guess you could say it's very lonely at the top. And I hope someday they will make a truly nice and proper documentary about Ronaldo.
Mendes was amazing :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

I'd prefer to have those United minutes if it actually meant he played 6 years for us at senior level.

prath92

I saw like 10 minutes and in that he made his son guess which car is missing from his garage. His son had guessed all the cars before he said Lamborghini.

Moral of the story : He has lots of cars

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
@SirAF - how was this? Yours is the only opinion I can trust in this place :lol:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I saw like 10 minutes and in that he made his son guess which car is missing from his garage. His son had guessed all the cars before he said Lamborghini.

Moral of the story : He has lots of cars
:lol:

Subtle...

imperi

Did not see the movie and I'm not going to, its an utter waste of time. 90 minutes of self indulgence. I respect Ronaldo for what he does on the pitch and I used to love him, however I feel the older he gets he just keeps pushing that thin line between arrogance and self-confidence and I'm at the stage it is annoying me.

Devil81

If I was offered the chance to have any other humans life, it would be Ronaldo. I can't think of another human who's basically got a more perfect life.

prath92

Meanwhile, Messi is counting his trophys and knows, since he is 2 years younger, Ronaldo will never archieve what he has and still will archieve.

"Planet-sized ego" is really what describes Ronaldo the best. I've always despised him.
Trophies or not he is definitely an amazing player and has worked hard for whatever he has achieved.

As for the ego, I really doubt if Messi or anyone else is a saint here. All of them have worked hard to reach where they are today so they have the right to have ego. Most of the top players had mountain sized egos anyway. Maradona, George best etc.

kps88

If I was offered the chance to have any other humans life, it would be Ronaldo. I can't think of another human who's basically got a more perfect life.
Really? Have you seen the movie? His life seems so closed off - only football and family with no time for anything else. Not to mention the constant work in terms of practice, diet, gym etc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Must say I quite enjoy this if true, mostly because many are obssesed to call him one of our biggest legends and our best player ever yet he obviously couldn't give a feck about United since he left for Madrid.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't know why anyone would watch it. You know the guy would at some point appear half naked, talking about himself and posing. It scares me. I would rather watch two grannies getting it on. He's clearly saving the United footage for Ronaldo 2: The extra five minutes ..which will be all about his return. Now that'll be worth watching. I'll watch the uncensored 30 seconds.

Enigma_87

You know who
It's the most cringeworthy "movie" I've ever seen.

What's Ronaldo's email? I want to be compensated for that hour and a half.

Sereques

Did not see the movie and I'm not going to, its an utter waste of time. 90 minutes of self indulgence. I respect Ronaldo for what he does on the pitch and I used to love him, however I feel the older he gets he just keeps pushing that thin line between arrogance and self-confidence and I'm at the stage it is annoying me.
PLease don't. Watching it was one of the worst decisions i've made in my life.

roykeane19

I cant of see, how annoying it must be to have to sign autographs, every single time, you can sign thousands, but if you dont sign one, people will all turn on you, an make a massive deal from it

ALong with having the media hounding him everywhere. I actually dislike Mendes even more than before. All the sucking up to Ronaldo, constantly praising him, calling him his second son, I even think the affection he shows to Ronaldo Jr is all fake

He has lots of other clients, but Ronaldo is his second son, because hes the most famous?Personally Ive always believed no one gets the the top of this world by being a nice person, those at the top there is a nastiness, slyness, disregard for others, that we dont see on the superficial viewing