g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ronaldo to pay 15 millions for tax fraud

Djemba-Djemba

He has an obligation to carry out sufficient checks to ensure what he's doing is "legit". Relying on people he pays lots of money to exploit loopholes in the system to give him that information isn't just naive, it's negligent. For someone so widely praised for being a charitable person he seems to care very little for the people of Spain.
It's crazy how many people seem to think it's a fair enough excuse when millionaires and celebrities take no interest in their taxes and just pay people to find loopholes.

Siorac

They could jail him for a year and he'll still score 40 next season. It's infuriating how Ken Dodd and Lester Piggott did bird but Ronaldo and Messi are able to obfuscate their own guilt by a network of hired accountancy placemen. Govts have always picked on the wrinkled and sleight. That said I'm sure Ronaldo is innocent. He's never struck me as materialistic.
Sarcasm, right?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
So A Bola today says Cris has decided to leave Spain, has already told Flo and his decision is final

My question is: WHAT THE FECK IS WRONG WITH A BOLA JOURNOS?!?!?!
:lol:

We like our football news as entertaining and nonfactual as possible over here. A Bola reporting something stupid is nothing new, the fact that the likes of Marca are running with their story is the funny thing

IFC 1905

It's really insulting that you don't think CR7 and LM10 are capable of sitting down and planning things.

Planning frauds based on economics you mean. Do you think they know everything aboug how to evade taxes and stuff? Come on. Some guys in suits told them it would be good but they weren't able at all to understand the consequences. - Of course they're responsible for their money, which is not the same as being guilty.

RoyH1

We like our football news as entertaining and nonfactual as possible over here. A Bola reporting something stupid is nothing new, the fact that the likes of Marca are running with their story is the funny thing
I've been hearing that Mendes and his Gestitufe agency have had a falling out with Madrid (Pepe gone, Coentrao to go, James soon to go) and it would not surprise me if they fed A Bola the story to shoot across the bow of Florentino Perez.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
From Sky's transfer page

RONALDO WANTS OUT?

Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid, that’s according to Portuguese daily A Bola, who ran the story on their front page this morning.

The 31-year-old is reportedly angry at investigations into his tax affairs and wants to leave Spain.

One to keep an eye on.

shaky

A 32 year old? Do.not.want.
Indeed. What use would we have for the current Ballon d'or, La Liga, Champions League and European Championship holder if he's going to be past it in a few years time, when we could some youngster who might be half decent for the much anticipated 2020/21 season instead.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59439808e5fdea8a5c8b45dc.html

Basically says Cristiano feels he's a victim, he did everything right and nobody's defending him.
Cristiano no lo va a decir pero no se siente arropado con el Madrid. No es un tema de Cristiano, sino del club en el sentido fiscal. No quiero hablar mucho de esto porque sé mucho, pero cuando cambió la Ley Beckham adquirieron un compromiso para que parte del sueldo se cobrara de otra forma
He's not going to say it, but he does not feel protected by the club. This fiscal matter is the club's business, not cristiano's. I don't want to talk much because i know a lot, but when the Ley(ley=law) Beckham changed, they found a solution to pay part of his salary in a different way."

Now, i don't know how much of this is true, if anything, and i don't even know if this has even anything to do with the tax evasion accusations(iirc, it's about him evading taxes on his image rights, not on his wages, which are the club's obligation)

sinicalypse

Supports
Woolwich Wanderers
Indeed. What use would we have for the current Ballon d'or, La Liga, Champions League and European Championship holder if he's going to be past it in a few years time, when we could some youngster who might be half decent for the much anticipated 2020/21 season instead.
Mourinho is always keen to keep one and a half eyes on the future because he's a "big picture guy" and not some "win now guy" (...just like his idol Wenger :devil:)

Not to mention, didn't CR7 get pretty darn sick of Jose back when he managed Real Madrid? Maybe he'd want ManUtd to change managers just for him to come back; that would show that "the club supports Cristiano" as Cristiano is, of course, "Més que un club" :cool:

(Some sarcasm was harmed in the typing of this post!)

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Mourinho is always keen to keep one and a half eyes on the future because he's a "big picture guy" and not some "win now guy" (...just like his idol Wenger :devil:)

Not to mention, didn't CR7 get pretty darn sick of Jose back when he managed Real Madrid? Maybe he'd want ManUtd to change managers just for him to come back; that would show that "the club supports Cristiano" as Cristiano is, of course, "Més que un club" :cool:

(Some sarcasm was harmed in the typing of this post!)
Is that a serious statement? We all know how much Mourinho likes youth (not)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The title of the thread is a bit misleading.
Ronaldo hasn't agreed to pay anything.
The 15m figure is what the taxman claims Ronaldo owes.
Ronaldo is disputing it.

Needham

Surprised there isn't more reaction to this. Ronaldo is leaving Madrid, that's pretty big news.

SirAF

Ageist
Surprised there isn't more reaction to this. Ronaldo is leaving Madrid, that's pretty big news.
Nah, just paper talk atm. Would be too good to be true (I assume MUFC is the most likely destination should he leave)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Seems he claims it's Real's fault – more or less – for misleading him regarding the image rights part of the (tax) equation.

They'll probably apologize and agree to pay whatever he ends up owing (or work out some kind of arrangement at any rate).

Only way I can see this ending with anything but him staying is if Mendes has decided to burn his bridges with Perez. No idea why he would want that, though – and if it actually happens, I'd say PSG is as likely an alternative as United.

manc exile

Supports
City
Planning frauds based on economics you mean. Do you think they know everything aboug how to evade taxes and stuff? Come on. Some guys in suits told them it would be good but they weren't able at all to understand the consequences. - Of course they're responsible for their money, which is not the same as being guilty.

if what is done with their money, at their request and is illegal, then its exactly same as being guilty.

their request doent even have to be specific. If they instruct their accountant to make sure they pay as little tax as possible and dont explicitly state that it all has to be legal, then they are guilty if something illegal is done

IFC 1905

if what is done with their money, at their request and is illegal, then its exactly same as being guilty.
No, it's not the same. A responsible person should pay the taxes and all the costs and charges. A guilty person should go to jail.

I think some bad advisers (and in the case of Messi, his father) told'em it was the best thing to do and just sign.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He's not going to leave and this is more or less the same thing that happened with Messi and the reports of him leaving because he was not backed up by his club. Maybe the players want the club to be in charge of their tax issues as right now they're going straight for the players so maybe the clubs have found a way to evade that that responsibility.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So we offer to pay his £15m as a signing on fee, match his Madrid contract, give him loads of love and appreciation, and it's on right?

Bar that tiny scenario of a transfer fee.
But they'd be reasonable right..as they're showing with Morata (ahem)

gibers

Doubt he is leaving. There is nowhere to go but down and I will be surprised if he comes anywhere near us if Mou is manager here. He can't stand him.

chicha14

Could this be the cause in the delay for on the Morata deal? No chance Madrid will sell Morata if Ronaldo leaves? He is their 2nd best forward at the moment IMO, so could be Perez telling the media we need to make a higher bid because there is potential uncertainty around Ronaldo at the moment? So he waits to see how that pans out before letting go of any other forward. United have been linked to James( which was thought to be a cert as was/is Morata and there was talk of Bale a as an option for us.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
tax of 15 millions for CR7 = loss of 5 euros for myself.

Bad financial operation.

Runner

Doubt he is leaving. There is nowhere to go but down and I will be surprised if he comes anywhere near us if Mou is manager here. He can't stand him.
I've never followed Madrid closely, what happened between them?

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Those are the costs of running society. Everyone pays them.

In Portugal I pay 37 % earning about earning an average salary. Anyone above €80k per year will be paying 48 %. That money funds schools, a superb national health service, roads, security, social subsidies for the poor, public investment that creates employment and makes the economy grow.

When I hear people complaining about taxes I just imagine them paying 0 % and living in the middle of the woods without roads, electricity, airports, police, etc. I wonder if they would enjoy life more, having to burn money for heat and without tarmac for their super cars.
Wow a lot changed in Portugal since the last time I was there with my wife's grandmother for 6 hours to be checked. To be honest that was in 99 so a miracle happened in 18 years.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

Reputable newspaper "sueddeutsche" says, quote, no one in spain doubts the truth of that bit of news, because a) A Bola has "notoriously good contact" to CRs agent and b) Real as much as confirmed it "behind the scenes".
Allegedly, Real turned to the newspapers urging them to not print a picture or CR in Real jersey along the story and also advised CR to plead guilty to avoid publicity. Ronaldo was just talked out of publically announcing his departure ahad of the CL final.

Last edited:

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
He has an obligation to carry out sufficient checks to ensure what he's doing is "legit". Relying on people he pays lots of money to exploit loopholes in the system to give him that information isn't just naive, it's negligent. For someone so widely praised for being a charitable person he seems to care very little for the people of Spain.
I have the distinct feeling that most football fans couldn't care less if their club signed the Boston strangler as long as he was a great player. I can see the quotes now. Yeah he might have strangled 15 women but that was when he was in his own time. He never committed any stranglings while he was at the training ground or the stadium. As far as I am concerned he should be allowed to play for us,
or
That 8 year old he was fiddling with looked at least 11 or 12 anyone could have made that mistake. He needs to be more careful before e he chooses his next victim oops sorry girlfriend

As for Ronaldo How could he carry out the checks required. It would be like asking him to certify that his house electrics were safe after he had just had it rewired. I trust my accountant to do my books properly. He tells me what I have to pay and I pay it. I can't argue about something I know nothing about

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Reputable newspaper "sueddeutsche" says, quote, no one in spain doubts the truth of that bit of news, because a) A Bola has "notoriously good contact" to CRs agent and b) Real as much as confirmed it "behind the scenes".
Allegedly, Real turned to the newspapers urging them to not print a picture or CR in Real jersey along the story and also advised CR to plead guilty to avoid publicity. Ronaldo was just talked out of publically announcing his departure ahad of the CL final.
Ronaldo's people definitely talked with a bunch of newspapers. At first it was only Marca and A Bola reporting it and Marca were quoting A Bola so I had my doubts but since BBC reported it it's obvious they didn't just make it up.

clarkydaz

funny you mention this, I thought he seemed more subdued and not as self absorbed on winning another CL final.