Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Chants of 'What fecking what' for the rest of the season, that's for sure.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I will sue everyone who uses the f word in this thread.

Neo_Mufc

IMO if it was another player the balance would be a bit more supportive of the ban than what it it is currently now.

wr8_utd

:'(
The PFA are completely behind him, it will be reduced at least.
So first you thought there is no way he will be banned.
Then you said it will get overturned on appeal.
Now you say it will be reduced atleast.
What next?

It's not going to get overturned and it'll probably be increased if he tries to appeal.
So the FA say that the decision is based on the fact that he aimed the comments at the camera.

So in one fell swoop they have entirely undermined their own respect campaign. Reina screaming 'feck OFF' in the refs face is OK, but swear at a camera man and you'll miss two games.

According to the FA then, cameramen > referees.
Atleast they got something right.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
IMO if it was another player the balance would be a bit more supportive of the ban than what it it is currently now.
We wouldn't care if it was any other player. And no, I wouldn't expect people to be supportive of such ban.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Its not about the "f word" being picked up or lip read, its about him ranting it at the TV viewers and no other players have done that this season, have they?
Where on earth did you get the idea he was ranting at the TV viewers from?

From what he said and how it was said it looked more like he was talking to the Sky cameraman to me.

Feedingseagulls

There's a difference between a player being caught on camera swearing on the pitch and deliberately swearing down a camera.
Well, given that it was the cameraman that was doing what was worth swearing about (when under that stress), where else would he be looking? With the camera deliberately positioned right in his face for so long.

Imagine a camera shoved right into your face - held directly in front of your eyes as you are going through some intense emotional experience - isn't it quite likely you'd respond to this apparent demand in a rather agitated way?

Reina is a worse case since the insult is addressed at the ref and appears to be an attempt to influence or intimdate him since he was blatantly guilty.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Right. Someone post the telephone and fax numbers of the FA so we can bombard the feckers on this. Absolutely pathetic charge. This is all to do with getting back at Fergie.

I hope Rooney tells the FA to stick playing for England up their arses.

Man-United

If it was another player he would not have get banned, they tried to get Rooney after that elbow against Wigan but couln't because of the report from Clattenburg. Now they get the revange.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Thank god we've got Hernandez and Berbatov for the runin, they're easily more than capable of handling Fulham and City.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I am angry. But I'm not shocked.

I am shocked that people are shocked.

It was entirely obvious to me that they'd charge him. With Wayne its always over the top. Especially after the shit storm that was created when they failed to ban him for the Wigan elbow. Its an entirely predictable outcome that noone should really be shocked about.

Claymore

Sky says that if he appeals and lose, it's still very unlikely he will get an extra game ban for that. But as it stands, a 2 game ban in place to start on saturday.
No point appealing IMO as he's caught red handed, its on camera. No way the FA will let him off. Was a silly mistake in the heat of the moment, best to just take it and move on. Annoying thing for us it that there are only 7 games left.

he is a wum, he thinks the FA are in the right to charge Rooney for that.
I also think the FA were 'right' to charge Rooney.... well when I say right I mean I acknowledge Rooney is in the wrong here.

The camera even went to Rooney in the middle of a goal celebration, a vital one at that, what did they expect him to say?

"Jolly glad I slotted that one home, what what."
Doesn't matter mate, he's a player on TV and can not swear at the cameras. As a player he has to learn to not react to the fans or cameras no matter how hard it is.

Drogba swore and critised the ref in the same outburst.

That is why it was different to Rooney.

What can't you get your head round? :houllier:

Give over, its nothing to do with the ref comment you tool. Drogba made headlines because he said "its a fecking disgrace" which is exactly what Rooney did, swore at the camera, why can YOU not get your head around.

You lot can try and worm out of with all you like with talk about players swearing on the pitch far away, or even swearing at the ref or other players but you simply do not see players swearing at the cameras ever week. Why some are so surprised he got punished is beyond me.

phelans shorts

So first you thought there is no way he will be banned.
Then you said it will get overturned on appeal.
Now you say it will be reduced atleast.
What next?

It's not going to get overturned and it'll probably be increased if he tries to appeal.
Reduced at least means most likely overturned, which would result in no ban, which would mean I was correct all along, no?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Good thing it wasn't Anderson shouting "feck feck feck" at the camera, automatic 6 match ban;)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
John Bramhall

PFA deputy chief executive

They have used his apology against him.

fecking pathetic.
yes it's pathetic and what's also pathetic is the way the media have overlooked his apology to a great degree by simply not printing it (or discussed it to the levels they have the incident itself). It's dispicable. If it's about protecting kids, the emphersis SHOULD ...MUST be on his apology but it's not. The media are scum. Pure and simple. They've used this bullshit excuse to get a manchester united player banned simply because they are scum. If they had any interest in whats right they would have all made an issue of his apology because that's the most important thing - not this witchhunt by the media who once again try to make out they're angels when really they're bastards.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

Is this some sort of joke?

The English FA is a pathetic excuse for a sporting body. They are clueless at pretty much everything. What runs through the tiny brains of these retards when they take these calls?

What makes this even more bizarre is that Wayne had been abused all game. Of course when he scores he's going to have a huge release of emotion. I don't think it would have been possible for me not to curse had I completed the hattrick. And keeping that in mind, what the feck is that camera man doing in his face?

Retards. Absolute retards.

Number7

Ret's Slave
The PFA is not the FA - the PFA are supporting him with that quote

Kelvin

I guess if Rooney haven't swore to the camera in the first place, there would have been no problem, its fecking frustrating to lose him right now.....

Man-United

I think Rooney should accept the charge, but appeal the ban like Sky said he could. He should be fined and warned, but the ban is just stupid.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Doesn't matter mate, he's a player on TV and can not swear at the cameras. As a player he has to learn to not react to the fans or cameras no matter how hard it is.
Absolute bollocks what you suggest equates to the removal of passion from the game. Had Rooney said feck off to the ref he'd have a yellow card, he says 'feckin c'mon' at a camera launched in his face and gets a two game ban.

It's nonsense, during every game you can clearly see players mouthing far worse than feck off, so what, ban them now too?

Number7

Ret's Slave
I think Rooney should accept the charge, but appeal the ban like Sky said he could. He should be fined and warned, but the ban is just stupid.
If that's the case then definately.

We are dealing with idiots though so it won't stop them knocking it up by an extra game. cnuts.

Man-United

I guess if Rooney haven't swore to the camera in the first place, there would have been no problem, its fecking frustrating to lose him right now.....
Ehm, of course not. Rooney is a stupid idiot for doing such a thing, but the FA even more stupid to ban him for that.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Claymore... Reina swears directly at the Referee in his face... no ban, nothing.

Rooney swears at the camera/crowd and he gets 2 match ban? What the feck are the FA going on about giving Referees Respect if they bend the laws of the game like this?

Its pathetic. I think what Rooney did was wrong too, but you can't condemn one man and then let off another 100. Its either one rule for all, or none at all. The FA make it up as they go along.

TheReligion

Abusive
Give over, its nothing to do with the ref you tool. Drogba made headlines because he said "its a fecking disgrace" which is exactly what Rooney did, swore at the camera, why can YOU not get your head around.

You lot can try and worm out of with all you like with talk about players swearing on the pitch far away, or even swearing at the ref or other players but you simply do not see players swearing at the cameras ever week. Why some are so surprised he got punished is beyond me.
No one is surprised he got punished, but people are surprised at the severity of it.

Course it is to do with the ref you moron. You can't openly criticise them these days, hence why SAF is sitting in the stands right now. Drogba shouted "its a fecking disgrace" repeatedly into the camera regarding the decisions that he felt went against Chelsea in the tie.

Rooney shouted "feck" once or twice in the heat of the moment celebration.

Use your brains.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I am angry. But I'm not shocked.

I am shocked that people are shocked.

It was entirely obvious to me that they'd charge him. With Wayne its always over the top. Especially after the shit storm that was created when they failed to ban him for the Wigan elbow. Its an entirely predictable outcome that noone should really be shocked about.
Ye - I am not really shocked, they were forced to do something due to media fall out - just hoped a large fine plus suspended or 1 match ban would suffice