Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Give over, its nothing to do with the ref comment you tool. Drogba made headlines because he said "its a fecking disgrace" which is exactly what Rooney did, swore at the camera, why can YOU not get your head around.
Drogba was banned because he called the integrity of the referees into question not just because he swore.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
SSN saying now he can accept the charge but appeal the penalty, which I'm guessing is his only real option

Sam

1) Can't wait for Fergie's reaction to this. Siege mentality at it's finest.

2) Hope Rooney fecks off England. Would be hilarious to see the FA deal with that scenario.

3) If we win the title this season it has just become that bit much sweeter.

Man-United

Bryan Swanson on Sky said he has three choices.

1. Accept it and two game ban starts this saturday
2. Accept the charge, but appeal the ban
3. Appeal both the charge and ban.

I think he should choose the second alternative.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The PFA is not the FA - the PFA are supporting him with that quote
what took them so long to respond? After the fact, isn't much support. The media have been all over this. The PFA could have come out ALOT quicker. If thats their idea of support, they can shove it.

Legendz

I'd love it if Rooney just did something to feck England over.

Retire from International football just as the Euros start or something.

Man-United

If he quits England, then Capello would still select him and he would not turn up, meaning he could get 2 game ban after every call up. Didn't that happen a few years ago with the France national team called up Makelele who didn't want to play?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol:

Is this some sort of joke?

The English FA is a pathetic excuse for a sporting body. They are clueless at pretty much everything. What runs through the tiny brains of these retards when they take these calls?

What makes this even more bizarre is that Wayne had been abused all game. Of course when he scores he's going to have a huge release of emotion. I don't think it would have been possible for me not to curse had I completed the hattrick. And keeping that in mind, what the feck is that camera man doing in his face?

Retards. Absolute retards.
This.

Football is a game of emotions and having been abused all game, having heard the press say he should be dropped from the England team and having regard to his performances this season and that we were 2-0 down, that was an entirely justified reaction (I myself was swearing in joy :angel:)

Also, as you say what was the cameraman doing? Have the FA managed to explain why that twat shoved a camera in Rooney's face?

Rooney1987

As Steve Bartram has just said on twitter "I'll refrain from fully opining on Rooney, but MUFC are experts in harnessing paranoia and perceived injustice. Dear all, watch out." Which is true the Fa have just done are team talk for the rest of the season. Dear FA feck off.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is this for real? That is spectacularly spastic even for the FA! Good god.
I normally try and keep an open mind and balanced view on things concerning us and realise that as a fan, i might see events through red tinted glasses. But if this is for real, then its an astonishing display of double standards. I would hope that there is a huge Uproar from managers and players from every club in the premiership over this.

The way things have been going this season, one would think it's referees and officials who are the stars of this industry who fans and corporate brand sponsors are so passionate about. It's madness.

Kelvin

Bryan Swanson on Sky said he has three choices.

1. Accept it and two game ban starts this saturday
2. Accept the charge, but appeal the ban
3. Appeal both the charge and ban.

I think he should choose the second alternative.
what kind of choice is that, whatever it is, he must plead guilty to the charges, fecking joke...

Claymore

@ claymore: the surprise isn't really about the punishment.It's more about its severity
I know a 2 game ban is harsh as it is his first time doing it. However I responding more to the people who are trying to say its not the same as Drogba swearing at the camera or those who think Rooney swearing directly at the camera/viewers is the same as something being lip read of picked up from a player.

I agree with that chap that said " a fine and pull up on it" would suffice.

Absolute bollocks what you suggest equates to the removal of passion from the game.
So you're saying that all the hundreds of players in the league have no passion when they score goals, because THEY DON'T swear at the camera?

It's nonsense, during every game you can clearly see players mouthing far worse than feck off, so what, ban them now too?
I'm getting bored of saying this....... BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS DO NOT PUT THEIR FACE TO THE CAMERA AND TELL THE VIEWERS (WHOEVER THEY MAY BE) TO F*CK OFF. Simple enough?

Amir

what kind of choice is that, whatever it is, he must plead guilty to the charges, fecking joke...
Yeah, but honestly, who cares. If they want to make an example of him, I can live with it. A warning, a fine, whatever, get your headlines, get your message across. But to prevent him from playing for us is unbelievable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm getting bored of saying this....... BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS DO NOT PUT THEIR FACE TO THE CAMERA AND TELL THE VIEWERS (WHOEVER THEY MAY BE) TO F*CK OFF. Simple enough?
You honestly think he was aiming his comments at the viewers?

Seriously?

wr8_utd

:'(
So Claymore, it's fine for a player to tell the ref to F*** off but not the cameraman? Good one.

Shimo

Find one piece of evidence that I think it was right, just one.

I'll give you 24 hours, I still don't expect you to find one, stop being so fecking defensive and admit that, just like everyone, players get harsh bans first which are almost always reduced on appeal.
Give me 24 hours to find evidence of what? For calling this one right from the start? Either way not all harsh bans get overturned and even more so some get extended for wasting their time even if the teams show a good case. Michael Turner last season had a good case but, not only did it not get overturned but, was extended by a game. December 2009 if it helps you. Most agreed it was fairly harsh red but, even more so it was harsher for the FA to call it frivolous.

Take your own advice, don't get so defensive about the FA - they are incompetent and will use United to prove a point when they can. They've said as much with this ruling and more blatantly when they banned SAF because they said they banned him because of who he is and the visibility he has.

WireRed

It is crazy if he gets a ban for this. He apologised, move on.

The FA should have more important things to worry about than this.
They do but they want to look important, look like they are doing something when in reality they are not. Also, these sorts of things(the SAF thing aswell)provide a distraction to the biggest issue of all at the FA, that being the current government enquiry into their competence or lack of when it comes to running the game. That and their eagerness to take the focus away from that is a big factor in their recent decisions to throw the book at MUFC.

Joke of an organisation, the sooner the goverment declares them unfit for purpose and implements the structural changes needed the better.

judge2nd

:lol: I like how we're blaming the cameraman now lads.
When you watch the vid, you can clearly see the camera man being ushered over to where the players had gathered. Rooney let loose one, so fecking what? Let it go FA you bunch of fecking prats!

SER19

To me Claymores argument pretty much sums up the whole situation. Weak as water, full of blinding hypocrisy and generally fuelled by a dislike of Manchester United. The media has created this ban which genuinely is a sad thing for football.

wr8_utd

:'(
ps: Where do players get bans reduced unless they are John Ironman Terry?

FA usually impose additional bans.

kietotheworld

I can't remember the last time the FA reduced a ban on appeal. UEFA always seem to do it, but the FA seem pretty steadfast, if anything they increase their punishments.