Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So Harry Redknapp, the man who has sworn in two seperate tv interviews, thinks Rooney is a 'silly boy' for swearing?

Genius.
Was just about to post the same thing. Hypocrisy from him and most people in the media.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The viewers (mostly ABU)who were watching on television were offended and kick up such a big fuss about it
Only they didn't. I read earlier that Sky received very few complains from viewers. The whole thing is media led.

eric le roi

Ridiculous. Words fail me. What about all the times referees are sworn at in every match by most players?

wr8_utd

:'(
KaiWayne :To appease the FA, daddy is going to sing the National Anthem at the next England international. Get ready for "God Save the fecking Queen".

K Stand Knut

I am both shocked and fecking furious!!

I had a heated discussion with my Old Dear about this last night as she thought he was being irresponsible allowing people to hear him saying things like that and I thought whilst it was probably a bit daft in hindsight, people should not allow themselves to 'follow' what they do.

Anyway, that's a side point. I was adamant during that conversation that nothing would come of it apart from maybe a slap on the knuckles, pushed to make a formal apology and then left to rot under the carpet, where it belongs.

Instead, the media and every other Tom, Dick and Harry have their say on it and slate him for everything it is worth to back the FA in to a corner and make sure that they act on it.

Was it silly - YES but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Should he be punished - NO absolutely not. He realised his mistake and apologised for what he said and did. Micah fecking Richards didn't even apologise when his swearing was brought up by the person interviewing him.

fecking joke!!!!

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I look forward to the retroactive suspension of Motty for repeating "Danny Shittu" 100 times in his career.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
No white text?
Come on Nick, know me too well to have to ask for white text.

The FA are hypocritical cnuts, run by fecktards of the highest order, clueless pricks. They always have an agenda, not an ABU agenda necessarily but an agenda to create an aura of prestige and power, a desire to be seen as omnsicient. To achieve such an objective they have to strike at the biggest club of the moment. Manchester United.

There needs to be a total upheaval with the way football is run in this country. It's fecking despicable, wha.. feck off.

Feedingseagulls

LOL probably.

Or maybe some people think its OK to swear at camera if you wear a red shirt but not a blue one. Come to think of it, can you imagine if Gerrard instead of kissing the camera (which was annoying enough) had looked down the lens and said that, we'd be going ape shit on here.

Him swearing doesn't bother me one bit, I swear myself in my own home BUT he still should not have done it and the defence of it by some on here is madness IMO. There's passion and then there's stupidity.
Indeed he should not have done it - the cameraman got more than he could have hoped for in his wildest dreams - and I hope his c*ck rots!

Problem is, Wayne is pretty combustible at the best of times and he was pretty stressed. To place the same emotional turmoil level in a more normal breast, imagine you are the mayor, the town hall has burnt down and the charred corpse of your wife has just been brought out - then you have a cameraman placing his camera right in front of you waiting for a reaction... You might get the odd swear word - despite the weight of responsibility.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I'm getting bored of saying this....... BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS DO NOT PUT THEIR FACE TO THE CAMERA AND TELL THE VIEWERS (WHOEVER THEY MAY BE) TO F*CK OFF. Simple enough?
Where do you draw the line?

Referee? Possible yellow but sometimes nothing. Some refs are wise enough to understand "heat of the moment" and some don't.

To the public? As far I'm aware nothing.

To another player? Nothing.

I'm not even upset about this because it's beyond reasonable. I don't know how the FA can expect players to know when to say "feck" aor not? Will "damn" be acceptable? cnut? Twat? Idiot? feck in foreign language? And will two "fecks" be double punishment?

This is not logical and the FA don't understand the consequences. And Claymore - You must be kidding? Right.

Spoony

The People's President
LOL probably.

Or maybe some people think its OK to swear at camera if you wear a red shirt but not a blue one. Come to think of it, can you imagine if Gerrard instead of kissing the camera (which was annoying enough) had looked down the lens and said that, we'd be going ape shit on here.

Him swearing does bother me one bit, I swear myself in my own home BUT he still should not have done it and the defence of it by some on here is madness IMO. There's passion and then there's stupidity.
Ahhh... you really know how to speak for people. I suspect no one would care and it wouldn't make the headlines. I'm tired of this...well what if X or Y did it? Well, Micah Richards did swear during an interview...and despite him playing for the blue shirts, no one on here....or anywhere batted an eyelid. This has nowt to do with the 'f word', I suspect it's because he wasn't charged for the elbow incident that happened during Wigan game.

Canuckred64

I wouldn't be surprised if he appeals they still hold the suspension but reduce it to one game so that he can play the FA Cup semi final. That way the FA can still keep their record of intact of never doing anything about any of the problems in the game. Suspend him for a game (at home to Fulham) that United will likely rotate their squad and start Berbatov and/or Hernandez and allow Rooney to play in a game that United would like to play him in.

That would be par for the course for the FA.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
And that matters how? The fact is, he looked down the lens and told viewers to F*ck off. That's how it came across and that's how it goes out around the world and on Sky sports who are the ones who pay for the rights.
Didn't come across like that at all.

Surely you could see that...or did you see it, because I'm not sure what you've written there is accurate.

If you still want to stick with that then I'll go back and check it. Just let me know. ;)

Claymore

Sky are saying that he risks a 2 match ban , maybe the FA will show some sense and just give him a telling off and a fine.

Hopefully, that would be good. :D

Get over it - all those players 100% know the cameras are on them whether the camera is in their face or not. You are being ridiculous if you think there is a difference.

Also, do you think when player run toward the crowd and aren't swearing directly at the camera but, towards 100s of fans, many of them children is not even worse? That's right in their face - a lot more personal, you don't see the FA charging those players.

What Rooney is sooo different to what so many players do - really keep saying that.

I don't need to get over it because I excepted he would get in trouble as soon as he did it.

If someone drops their car keys in the street, bends down to pick them up and says "f*ck off" with a policeman near by they wouldn't get in trouble but if you looked at a copper close up and told him to F off you get arrested.

What is chanted by fans or said amongst players/refs to each other is not the same case as Rooney ranting abuse at the camera, get over it and accept it, follow your own advice.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Was just about to post the same thing. Hypocrisy from him and most people in the media.
Just seen 'Arrys comments in full, goin on about Charlton and Greaves and others not being angry, and why is Rooney so angry? Is he for real?! Did those older generation players have 50,000 people hurlin abuse at them for 90 minutes every time they walked on a pitch?! Jesus, that comparison is so stupid he should get a job on the discaplinary panel.

Amir

Indeed he should not have done it - the cameraman got more than he could have hoped for in his wildest dreams - and I hope his c*ck rots!
Thing is, cameramen will now copy him. No TV network will tell its people to steer clear of players in such celebrations. They don't give a damn about 'viewers feelings'. If they think it'll get them a better story and headlines, they'll tell every cameraman to get into players faces.

Leg-End

Do we have to have 'Arry's opinion on everything these days? Especially on matters he probably should keep quite about.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Apologising is not necessarily an admission of guilt. Surely to feck we should be allowed to appeal against the severity of the punishment (which the cnuts have yet to reveal)
The punishment has been revealed, 2 match ban.

Rooney now has three options - he can deny the charge, in which case a hearing would be convened on Wednesday where there would be the risk of an increased sanction.

His second option is to accept the charge, in which case he would be banned for the games against Fulham and Manchester City.

His third and most likely option is to accept the charge but to appeal against the severity of the ban, but that approach could also run the risk of inviting a more severe ban if the appeal is deemed to be frivolous.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If someone drops their car keys in the street, bends down to pick them up and says "f*ck off" with a policeman near by they wouldn't get in trouble but if you looked at a copper close up and told him to F off you get arrested.
That comparison makes no sense. Rooney didn't shout at the ref, unlike Reina who's comments have been deemed fine.

Try again.

kietotheworld

Would other FAs do this to their stars?

What if Buffon did this in Italy or Xavi in Spain or Gomez in Germany?
It would be grossly unfair if some of our players got favourable treatment because they play for the national team.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Don't shout, don't celebrate, don't show any emotions, simply don't live football... The pitch is not a feckin restaurant, pathetic pricks in ties !

FA is turning this sport into a feckin snooker match.

Spirit murderers. That's all I can say !

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Come on Nick, know me too well to have to ask for white text.

The FA are hypocritical cnuts, run by fecktards of the highest order, clueless pricks. They always have an agenda, not an ABU agenda necessarily but an agenda to create an aura of prestige and power, a desire to be seen as omnsicient. To achieve such an objective they have to strike at the biggest club of the moment. Manchester United.

There needs to be a total upheaval with the way football is run in this country. It's fecking despicable, wha.. feck off.
Apologies :)