Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

TheReligion

Abusive
On TV on the news they said "league games" so does that mean he's OK for the cup tie?

The trick is to not swear right into the camera lens, like most players don't.

Sorry mate but I have to disagree. Rooney looked for the camera and swore at it so it was the same as Drogbas. The fact that the camera man was nearer to him means nothing, nor does the heat of the moment defence.

Rooney was in the wrong here and if we're honest we all knew he was in trouble. Rooney is a great player, done some great stuff for us but he's a hot head and must not let fans rattle him. Our fans hammer other players and managers. I agree the FA are mugs but you can't go doing that.
Yes it was identical to Drogba's who was repeatedly uttering the words "It's a fecking disgrace" in relation to the ref.

What planet are you on?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The trick is to not swear right into the camera lens, like most players don't.
He's been charged for "foul and abusive language", right?

Where's the part about the camera lens in the lawbook? (I genuinely don't know if there is or not, enlighten me if so.)

Shimo

You married to the FA? Seem to be really sticking up for them. Got nothing to do with conspiracy and entirely knowing how the FA work based on experience - if we dare to challenge this absurd ruling then he'll get done for frivolous appeal. Am sure at that point you'll then take it upon yourself to say well it was stupid to appeal and the original FA decision was the right one.

We aren't going to appeal this because otherwise he'll miss 2 league games.

Man-United

Would this have happened if it was let's say Bendtner, Park or someone else than Rooney?

Feedingseagulls

Sorry mate but I have to disagree. Rooney looked for the camera and swore at it so it was the same as Drogbas.
That's complete balls - you can see that the cameraman moved round to be directly in front of him as he was surrounded by players.

The cameraman did the positioning - not Rooney - in fact his second f*** was as he was turning away.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Neither was the behaviour of the cameraman tbf. Got himself square in front of Rooney - right up close - camera lens atring him right in the eyes for ages - I'm not surprised Rooney wanted to know just what the f**k he wanted.

I think we feed all the Sky cameramen turd-burgers on their next visit to OT.
It doesn't matter if the behaviour of the camera man was acceptable or not. What matters is Rooney's behaviour. He wasn't forced to aggressively shout abuse down the camera. Most reasonable people would not consider that reasonable behaviour regardless of the environment, let alone a Premier League football match being beamed around the world to a family audience. I don't think it's the image football wants to portray, hence the ban. There is no great injustice here.

The Caf should move on and refrain from degrading itself with embarrassing conspiracy theories and RAWK-like displays of victim mentality.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
He's been charged for "foul and abusive language", right?

Where's the part about the camera lens in the lawbook? (I genuinely don't know if there is or not, enlighten me if so.)
There's obviously no law about that. What posters are saying is that swearing happens all the time in a game and is caught on camera. Since Rooney looked at the camera though, this seems to be being treated differently.

SATA

We'll do fine without him against Fulham at OT. And he probably wouldn't play in the FA semi either

If he appeals and the FA decided to be gimps once more by giving him an additional match ban, we will not have him at Newcastle. Reckon we should not take the chance

Man-United

Of course not, the media would not have reacted the same, but because it's Rooney they have.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
"volley of abuse" :lol:

When I hear the term "volley of abuse" I don't think of someone saying "feck" once.

Even the US isn't that daft about swearing - you can actually say "feck" twice in a movie before it gets R-rated. What the feck is going on? (no pun intended)

Next time somebody sticks a camera in Wayne's face he should just say "sexual intercourse".

Man-United

We'll do fine without him against Fulham at OT. And he probably wouldn't play in the FA semi either

If he appeals and the FA decided to be gimps once more by giving him an additional match ban, we will not have him at Newcastle. Reckon we should not take the chance
Of course he would have played a semi final against city!
And we should appeal no matter what, we should never accept that shite ban.

WireRed

Who has done the same as Rooney and got away with it?

After the elbow v Wigan, Rooney was always going to under the microscope from the FA & Refs.

IMO, and i know most on here will disagree, one game would have been about right. Two is harsh.
How many times do you hear goalscorers and team mates effing and jeffing during celebrations/scuffles when the cameras get close? Countless. Sky should not even have such close access for starters, the camaraman was on the field of play FFS.

Absolute inconsistent nonsense from our governing body again. They are pretty much a puppet getting their strings pulled by the media these days. I've never heard of such bollocks such as getting charged for swearing during a game. I'd have thought SAF swearing in an interview a few years ago a more severe offence than this.

The world is turning into a communist state and a soft arse PC one at that.

TheReligion

Abusive
not saying that , but he knew something would come of it.
You really think he knew at that moment in time something will come out of this?

Rooney gets stick on here for being thick but one thing we do know about him is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. He had just scored a 15 minute hat-trick taking his team into the lead in a match that looked as good as lost. He had been receiving vile abuse from the WHU fans all game and you're telling me that when he scored he planned to get himself into trouble by doing that?

Bizarre.

gaffs

Every single time players go to celebrate someone will shout something along the lines of 'fecking come on' or 'fecking get in'. The only difference between that and his is that they weren't looking directly at the camera. They're just as reckless about who hears it and the language is no less foul and abusive.

Again, it's the old chestnut, where's the consistency?
There is no consistency in that argument.

The difference, as you say, is becasue he said it right down the camera.

Sir A1ex

Wow, the FA really want to use us as an example.
If it was that I wouldn't mind so much.

But all they do, over and over again, is use us as an example of what won't happen if a player from another club comits the same offence.

My mate just said "thye've made a rod for their own bakcs here" but the point is they haven't. They have made a rod which they will forget all about as soon as the next similar case comes up.

Oh well, one to add to our wall of shame:

• The only player to be banned for 8 months for missing a drugs test
  • The only player to be banned for writing an autobiography
  • The only player to get banned for getting into handbags with a racist groundsman outside of match-time
  • The only club for whom red cards in friendlies lead to suspension in the league
  • The only manager who gets banned for saying the ref was not "fair and strong"
  • The longest ever ban for violent conduct in Premier League history (not that Eric didn't deserve a long ban, but how long would Shearer have got for the same offence? A couple of months I reckon)
  • The only player to get banned for swearing during a goal celebration

Have I missed any?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Absolutely insane - they are so evidently trying to disrupt our season is almost painful.

fecking FA have a hard-on for United constantly.

Well feck them.

Feedingseagulls

I'd love it if someone challenged the FA to ban him but lose him from their national team and precious sponsorship events. That'd put them right in their place but sadly it'll never happen.

I think it's yet another example of the world going PC crazy and being controlled by the media and whatever agenda they want to promote. The media and PC brigade are turning the world into a non-democracy and an even more regimented, robotic place to live in.
PC has nothing to do with this I'm afraid.

Brophs

The One and Only
There is no consistency in that argument.

The difference, as you say, is becasue he said it right down the camera.
Why does that make a difference? Do viewers need to have eye contact to be offended?

wr8_utd

:'(
If it was that I wouldn't mind so much.

But all they do, over and over again, is use us as an example of what won't happen if a player from another club comits the same offence.

My mate just said "thye've made a rod for their own bakcs here" but the point is they haven't. They have made a rod which they will forget all about as soon as the next similar case comes up.

• The only player to get banned for getting into handbags with a racist groundsman outside of match-time
  • The only club for whom red cards in friendlies lead to suspension in the league
  • The longest ever ban for violent conduct in Premier League history (not that Eric didn't deserve a long ban, but how long would Shearer have got for the same offence? A couple of months I reckon)

Have I missed any?
Shh. You'll make poor rednev very angry.

204Red

So using the FA's logic how much worse (percentage wise) is swearing in comparison to shooting a bloke with an air rifle?
Really???

How on earth did they come up with a 2 game suspension for swearing... for a player involved in a title race.

Its really too bad we are playing City in the Semis... because it means we won't do what we should which is tell the FA to and feck themselves and play our weakest possible team in that match... but because we can't do that against City I suggest we play our best side, hammer City and then play all our reserves in the FA cup final (which they'd stand a good chance of winning anyway)

TheReligion

Abusive
It doesn't matter if the behaviour of the camera man was acceptable or not. What matters is Rooney's behaviour. He wasn't forced to aggressively shout abuse down the camera. Most reasonable people would not consider that reasonable behaviour regardless of the environment, let alone a Premier League football match being beamed around the world to a family audience. I don't think it's the image football wants to portray, hence the ban. There is no great injustice here.

The Caf should move on and refrain from degrading itself with embarrassing conspiracy theories and RAWK-like displays of victim mentality.
I think the majority find alot of your own contributions on here embarrassing and attention seeking in the sense you seem to enjoy shit stirring.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
There's obviously no law about that. What posters are saying is that swearing happens all the time in a game and is caught on camera. Since Rooney looked at the camera though, this seems to be being treated differently.
I realise that, I'm on the side of Rooney. My point was that there is no written rule or precedent for this. They've taken it out of their collective arses.

eric le roi

Would love it if Rooney came out and said "I accept the ban and from now on will enjoy watching England internationals from the comfort of my living room. feck you FA. feck you".

At the very least the entire club now need to work to rule - do the very minimum required of them to meet their obligations to the FA and Premier League.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The FA can feck off and die. 2 game ban for 1 bad word? I really hope SAF rips into them for this pathetic ruling.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times

Have I missed any?
Says it all...

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

look at his behaviour after his goals. Look at his behaviour after his first and when he gets the third it's a release of pressure and that's called being human. No camera man should be there, it's purely manipulative by skys cameras. You weren't getting called a fat **** and they probably weren't chatting about your family/gf/wife or whatever either. It's a complete lack of understanding.