Rooney - Foul or dive ?

Hal9000

Was a booking, it was late and he caught Rooney to stop a break. Worst than Valencias first booking.

Only issue is now, watch Pep instruct Bayern to dive, playact and harass the ref even more than they do for the 2nd leg.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Foul and an exaggerated fall. So foul and dive?

Not arsed though. Every time I feel a bit of sympathy for pig man, I think of those twats Robben and Ribery doing this for years and getting people sent off etc... :mad:

Then I lol :lol:

Varun

Staff
It was a foul and a deserved yellow. He also exaggerated the fall.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
It does not matter whether it was a dive or a foul, it essentially was both, Bastian was late and Rooney made the most of it. Forward momentum suggests he would have probably tripped but not fallen the way he did. He took the initiative to go down once he felt contact. Your only kidding yourself if you dont think this happens all the time all over the pitch.

The reason he dived was probably to relieve pressure on the team and create a chance to get the ball forward, I dont think he particularly cared who was on the ball and nor do I think he intentionally wanted Bastian to get sent off, it just so happened it was him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't think it's a dive as such but even if Rooney had of tried to hurdle it he wouldn't have been able too. We'll say that's not a foul if they admit wellbecks effort should have stood :)