Rooney Nike Advert

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
It's difficult to pick a favourite part from the whole thing.

Brilliant ad. :drool:

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Some idiot over at bigsoccer.com (I know, I know) has a critique

EDIT: The US was featured about 1.5 seconds. We're far and away the largest population of the countries participating in the Cup AND the home of company making the commercial, so to be ignored would have been incontheivable. But I'm sure we don't make the cut anywhere by the US.

The commercial looks like Guy Ritchie's work. He made a better commercial for Euro 2008. The only great parts about this one were the Italian singer on stage after Cannavaro made the save, but even better was Rooney coming out of the trailer with the huge beard.
The director is a guy named Alejandro G. Iñarritu. That's why it's not as good as Ritchie's 2008 commercial. I guess that Nike didn't want to pay Ritchie, so they got someone who was trying to copy Ritchie. They should have paid for the real thing
Notice who was on the billboard in Rooney's trailer park? That's right, Clintinho.

Bear Attack

They can be shit at making kits but when it comes to ads, they piss all over Adidas.

twitter thread suggester
That was brilliant!

Starting to feel the World Cup fever now.

Shimo

They showed that add during the CL Final ... particularly loved Rooney's tackle on that cnut Ribery and ref tells him get the feck up roadkill.

vivaronaldo

aired in australia over the weekend also and thought it was great......the wayne name tags on all the new born babies had me laughing

AttackingFlair

Guardian said:
How could Nike get its World Cup ad so wrong?

Nike's new World Cup ad is a mini epic, but the bizarre sight of a dejected Wayne Rooney with a beard is just one of the many things that are wrong with it

Nike commercials before a World Cup are a bit like C-list celebrities switching on the Christmas lights: they promise the arrival of a wonderful event but often turn out to be a bit of a shambles.

No previous Nike campaign, however, has stumbled so spectacularly as this year's three-minute epic. Wayne Rooney, Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo, among others, line up for key shots in the tournament, fluff them, are mocked and ridiculed, before suddenly – guess what? – it turns out to be a kind of dream. In reality they score and everyone wants to have sex with them. Rooney's appearance is particularly bizarre: under tabloid attack, he ends up living in a caravan and sporting that essential sign of miserable failure – a beard. Homer Simpson shows up at one point, underlining the ghastly truth that Nike is actually trying to be funny.

This feels wrong. Nike founder Phil Knight launched the company in 1964 in imitation of Adidas, the shoe giant created by Nazi party member Adolf Dassler. Thus, trainer commercials over the last 30 years have tended to resemble Leni Riefenstahl's film of the 1936 Berlin Olympics with its übermenschen. Watching Nike use Homer Simpson is a little like watching the Terminator tap dance through Putting on the Ritz.

Previous ads have foundered on the Curse of Nike – other spots included Eric Cantona, who was promptly dropped, and Dennis Bergkamp, before Holland failed to qualify. This year we see basketball player Kobe Bryant, most famous in Europe for a sexual assault case that was later dropped; Franck Ribéry, banned from the Champions League Final and interviewed by police as a witness in an investigation into underage prostitution; and Ronaldinho, who was too old to make this year's Brazil squad.

Slightly unfairly, the curse has embraced ITV. The broadcaster debuted the ad during the Champions League final, but somehow managed to cut Nike's name off the end. Nike and ITV have reportedly agreed compensation in the shape of an undisclosed number of free ad slots, proving just how dangerous it is to put out a multimillion-dollar sporting god commercial featuring a man whose catchphrase is "Doh!"
Very surprised there's an article saying that the advert is bad/wrong.

chewingkebabs

Excellent ad. Passing to Walcott = leaving the LOST Island? "Wayne, we have to go BACKKKKKK!!!!" And dispossessing Ribery would be creating the Sideways universe.

:lol: at the Spaniards. And of course Ronaldo would have a statue. Ronal-D'OH!