Rooney responds.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh so he doesn't give a shit about what the fans are saying..:rolleyes:
Last night watching him I felt a 'tiny' bit sad to see how much he's declined, but after this he gets not one ounce of sympathy from me ever.
His PR people are shit as well. Why come out with 'people talking rubbish' line? How arrogant is he? Why not say, I have not been good enough, I am working to do so and so... (or words to that effect). He's basically telling us (who help to pay his salary) to feck off:rolleyes:

Sylar

but I think the manager has made it clear either I’ll play up front or in the no.10 and that’s where he sees me playing
Then stop coming deep, or to your own half to ping balls wide under pressure, ffs.

OldTrevil

So he chooses to stay in his bubble and collect 300k a week, how brave!

settembrini

I don't understand how a player who has received such a massive amount of protection from the media can act like he's always been the victim of criticism.

Oneunited26

What a load of generic rubbish.

Work hard
Need to win
Work hard
Focus
Work hard
Barcelona players work hard, but they can back it up by not giving the ball away, and oh yes score goals and perform on the pitch

krombacher92

watching highlights of him from a few years ago, i was amazed all over again at how good he was. because when i watch him now, it's nowhere near the same thing.
It's like watching two different players.

Manny

Grammar Police
"Press are cnuts. Ignore them. Just let me play ffs", "I've played lots of positions for the club, now carry me ya cnuts", "Mourinho is excellent. I would never talk shite behind his back"

Yeah, standard response.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Something something throughout my career. Something something throughout my career. Keep focused. Work hard. Tough games. Jumpers for goalposts. Taking my ball home.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What else should he have said?
He'd probably been better saying nothing. However he was going to be on this show anyway, it isn't just a trundling him out after last night thing. Now he is going to get criticised against because he sounds delusional. Should have just talked about boxing.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's out now, the box is open, everyone has spoken about it, is speaking get/writing about it. One bad performance and they'll be all over him.
No escape from a shit performance now Wayne.
One bad performance?
He'd had about 50 bad performances during the last 2 seasons.
And his last 2 performances were terrible - the Watford being arguably his worst in the last 2 years.

sugar_kane

Actually beginning to pity him now, he seemed to barely be able to string together a sentence at the end.

You get the sense he knows he's shite but has to go through the motions and say the usual meaningless platitudes.

DomesticTadpole

What's the odds on him starting now? :nervous:
If he does, can you imagine the crowds response the first time he misplaces a pass or misses a chance? As I said he should have kept his mouth shut, maybe he is one of these that thinks any publicity is good publicity.

Manny

Grammar Police
"I feel I can play in all positions".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I just need him to put in £300K performances in one position!

How about "My performances have been poor and I need to be much, much better if we are to win trophies".

Instead we get some shite about how its "only a few bad results and the press are all over me and the team..." "Oh, and feck what the fans think"

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He plays on the left
He plays on the right
Wayne feckin' Rooney
Plays wherever he likes.

AndyJ1985

The same things golfers, snooker players, tennis players, athletes etc say when they under perform. A bit of self-criticism is healthy, it allows a person to grow and improve. Unfortunately Wayne is too arrogant to acknowledge he's shit; he has nothing to prove apparently.

DomesticTadpole

Actually beginning to pity him now, he seemed to barely be able to string together a sentence at the end.

You get the sense he knows he's shite but has to go through the motions and say the usual meaningless platitudes.
He was always going to be on this show, so it is unfortunate for him to have had two of his more inept performances before it. Whoever advised him to say anything about the criticism was asking for trouble.

United22

"I feel I can play in all positions"

He sure can and the bench is his best one

RedTiger

Half mast
"I've contributed alot to united over the years but the time has come for me to retire from the national side and micro manage my playing time so I can contribute even more going forward. I understand that my performances haven't been up to the standards that are expected of me but I assure you that I'll work even harder to help my teammates and manger in whatever role that's needed of me"

That would have been nice to read.

George Beast

There's a good chance his name gets booed during the team announcements on Saturday if he starts.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Our brilliant and handsome manager is right - football is full of Ironstains."

DomesticTadpole

"I've contributed alot to united over the years but the time has come for me to retire from the national side and micro manage my playing time so I can contribute even more going forward. I understand that my performances haven't been up to the standards that are expected of me but I assure you that I'll work even harder to help my teammates and manger in whatever role that's needed of me"

That would have been nice to read.
He won't retire from England yet because there will be lots of cushy endorsement in it for him and yes, that is what he should have said, but he didn't.

Classical Mechanic

Deluded individual. He should listen to what others are saying because >90% can't be wrong. To win the fans over (if he cares) he should even try to pay back the club by focussing on his form for club and just forget his England career where he gave nothing even when he was in his best club form. Just saying...
Why is he deluded?

Should he listen to the kingmakers in his career or a bunch of sofa masturbaters on Internet forums?

DomesticTadpole

I don't care bit****.
He doesn't care, that is where the problem lies, or he does care, but refuses to acknowledge his deficiencies. I am sure he thinks it is all down to tactics and where he is playing and his teammates that are not good enough.